Register

Thread: Holidays

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

Default Holidays

Zomfg, i'm going on holiday tomorrow. I'm off to Washington DC to visit my dad. It shall be awesome.

Things to do

1) Visit all of the monuments etc.
    2) Visit the Lincoln memorial
    3) Annoy an American through sheer force of the mind
    4) Eat a super-sized Mcdonalds O_o

Number four is for a friend, but whatever. Anyways, this basically means that i wont be posting as much and/or will be passed out due to blocked arteries. If i don't say anything by Tuesday, my plane went down... I've still got my laptop though, so you'll still get to see me on that 'who's online' thingy looking at a thread for hours.

So... goodbye, i'll be back to my normal routine late saturday or sunday. Also, i have to take all of my coursework and homework... which sucks.

have fun
    Life has a price. And they are the ones that determine exactlly how much.

I've been there to Washington DQ, I mean DC. Still, have a nice day there.
    Die Nazi-Offizier und General kommen diesem Weg!

If I remember correctly, I think someone here lives in Warshingtwon.

Have a great time.

Send me a postcard. Don't lick the stamp. I'm going to start collecting those now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post

Happiness is a lie!
    The truth in TLDR version.

Oh, mine will start only 3 weeks later!
    *glares antagonizingly, then runs away to medicate panic attack*

DQ Member

Super-size meals ran away
    DAMN BITCH!

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

McDonald's is disgusting for so many reasons. I don't know why it's become such a stereotypically American delicacy when it's one of the worst-tasting foods in the country. We could have been known for barbecue; we SHOULD have been known for barbecue, actually, because it's a dish that's fairly universal to most of the fifty states and different in every region and almost always delicious. But nooooooooo, the evil clown murdered our culture before it could even live! RONALD MCDONALD ABORTED THE AMERICAN FETUS!

Gah, the meat is tasteless, overcooked, and usually too cold... and the ketchup is like 90% sugar, which makes the taste of the hamburger as a whole more like tomato-flavored gummy candy dipped in beef tallow than like actual beef. And you can't ask them to leave the ketchup off because all the damn burgers are pre-cooked before you even walk into the place.

The only American fast food chains I've been to with hamburgers that actually taste good are Culver's and Steak & Shake. If you really want them you should try to get hamburgers in independent local restaurants that are popular with D.C. residents. (D.C. RESIDENTS, not D.C. TOURISTS, because the tourists all flock to the same sh*tty tourist trap restaurants.)

Also, if you've seen The Dark Knight, you might want to know that D.C. is the closest thing to a real Gotham City that America's got right now. More so than NYC. So watch out for the Joker, and whatever you do, don't remind him of his father.

part two in progress
    current update: save the cat that you maimed

Formerly Tymedi

You sure have bitter taste for Washington D.C, Varth.

DQ wannabe Member Yellow Fingered Insomniac's Avatar

Ahh, American history, I watched The Birth Of A Nation recently in English (you know, the subject where you analyse stuff, probably not called english in most non english speaking countries) and I've got to say.

Most...Racist film....Ever

Anyways, have fun in DC.

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

I actually like D.C., Kenneth. (If you're wondering whether I mean the city or the DQ member, I mean both.)

I don't love it as much as I love Chicago, certainly, but it's a nice place during the day. But I don't turn a blind eye to the fact that it's a festering pit of muggers and pickpockets; the fact that it has no official and personal government doesn't do it any favors either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Fingered Insomniac View Post
    Most...Racist film....Ever
    Ah, a D.W. Griffith fan! You, sir, are culturally enlightened.
    Last edited by Varthonai; October 25th, 2008 at 05:36 AM.

part two in progress

Formerly Tymedi

Chicago doesn't have a goverment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Chicago doesn't have a goverment?
    Chicago does. D.C. doesn't. It's mostly managed by the deranged workaholics in Congress during their free time, i.e. the time that any sane member of Congress would spend sleeping, eating, bathing, or on the toilet.

part two in progress

Formerly Tymedi

... Those people must be mad!

Anyway, back on topic, may you have a good time in DC, Wad.

Have a good holiday there.

Ok, so i wont eat a Macdonalds, wow. However... there is a restaurant on campus here called 'Bobs'. And it is the best place in the state so far, bare in mind it's the only place i've been so far because i pretty much passed out after eating there because i was so tired.

They serve the best crab dip evar, and they make a nice pasta too, and nice grilled stuff, and BBQ stuff, and there's an all you can eat buffet which i have yet to nom.

Anyways, i'm off soon to travel up the blue ridge mountains and stay in a little hotel up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadling View Post
    Ok, so i wont eat a Macdonalds, wow.
    Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadling View Post
    However... there is a restaurant on campus here called 'Bobs'. And it is the best place in the state so far, bare in mind it's the only place i've been so far because i pretty much passed out after eating there because i was so tired.
    D.C. isn't technically a state.

part two in progress

It's the best place on campus then. And damn, the rain stopped the hike, god damn bad weather starting just as i get here.

P.S Virginia rules, and so does IHOP, i ordered a small salad and boom! I got the largest meal on the table, and it was more chicken than greens, once you're here it's clear why the obesity rate is so high, it's easy to gain weight. Not that Britain is any better mind you.