Register
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

Default [RPG] An Adventure You'd KILL For...

This is my new Text RPG, which I think will allow for more character development than my last one while simultaneously being a bit less chaotic.

Basically, we will all play as fictional serial killers (since the retargeting update, though, it now includes most fictional character who have ever killed other sentient fictional characters.). I’m not going to allow any real serial killers, for various reasons, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

We’ve all been transported to individual cells in some sort of prison; all of our cells are designed specifically to contain us (i.e. Freddy Krueger would have some sort of dream-proof cell, but Dexter Morgan would just have an ordinary cell for humans.) We don’t know how we got there and we don’t know that there are other people in the prison (because, like I said, our cells are separate.) The plot of the story will advance as we discover where we are, why we’re there, who else is in here with us, and how we can escape. We'll escape from our cells fairly early, and then we'll start meeting up with each other and planning how we get out. I promise you that we will leave a very bloody trail in our wake.

As of Feb 16 09,
    --CATEGORIES--
    --ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED--
    --IN CHARACTER PROFILES--

due to the Game Mod deeming them unnecessary.

MAJOR RULES:

1. KNOW YOUR CHARACTER. If possible, you should have seen the movie, or read the book, or heard the musical, or whatever; if you haven’t seen the movie or read the book or heard the musical but you can convincingly lie about it and back up your lies with in-character posts, that’s also ok. You should know the character well enough to play him / her effectively. If the Game Mod believes that you are out of character, you will receive a warning about it via PM but you will not receive any punishment. If you repeatedly continue to be out of character, however, your right to play that character will be revoked. Be warned—the Game Mod has experience with lots of fictional serial killers and it will be hard for you to find one that he doesn’t know. If you’re out of character you will most likely be spotted right away.

2. DON’T PICK A CHARACTER WHO’S ALREADY TAKEN. Continuity will be totally screwed up if you do. (However, you may be able to pick a different version of a character who’s already taken… more on this in the Minor Rules.)

3. DON'T MOVE AROUND TOO MUCH. You can do whatever you want in the space you're provided with, but you can't leave that space until the Game Mod says so. Also, you can kill NPCs in your area whenever you like, but you must ask permission from the Game Mod to kill another player, and the answer will almost always be "no."

MINOR RULES:

1. CLARIFY YOUR CHARACTER’S CONTINUITY. Some characters—particularly the Joker—are portrayed in vastly different ways in different mediums. Make it clear which one you’re following. There’s a section for this in your profile description.

2. MULTIPLE IDENTICAL CHARACTERS CAN APPEAR IF THEY USE DIFFERENT CONTINUITIES. For example, one player could be the Joker from Batman: The Killing Joke the graphic novel and another player could be the Joker from Batman: The Dark Knight the movie. However, if you want to do this, you should PM me with a request to do so first.

3. DON’T BE A DICK. This would normally be a Major Rule, but it’s so vague that I can’t in good conscience make it a Major Rule. I hope you can all be clear on this one anyway.

4. (Added out of unfortunate necessity.) KEEP OUT-OF-STORY DISCUSSION IN PM! Don't clutter the thread with stuff that's not furthering the plot; it makes it harder for new people to catch up. If your post contains ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that isn't in parentheses, or if it is otherwise unimportant to the thread as a whole, I will report it. So stop doing it!)

Now that we’ve established those details… here’s my profile. Everyone’s should be modeled on this one.

CHARACTER: The Corinthian

CATEGORY: Smart and Witty / F*cking Insane

CONTINUITY: The Sandman: The Kindly Ones by Neil Gaiman

WEAPONS: Swiss Army knife (ftw!)

CLOTHING: Jeans, white t-shirt, dark sunglasses

PREFERRED M.O.: Removes victims’ eyes, eats them, then kills victim

FIGHTING STYLE: Hand-to-hand combat, Swiss Army knife

SUPERNATURAL: Dream-based body; superhuman strength; can absorb the visual memories of his victims by eating their eyes (NOTE: If your character has no supernatural abilities you should write “N/A” in this section)

APPEARANCE: Bleach-white hair, muscular Caucasian body, mouths and razor-sharp teeth where his eyes should be. Usually covers his eyes with sunglasses to prevent others from seeing this, but when he takes them off:

BIO: The Corinthian was created by Morpheus the Dream King, intended to be a masterpiece among nightmares. The first Corinthian was a failure, and escaped into the human world to murder humans for many years until Morpheus finally captured it and destroyed it. The new Corinthian is much more loyal and intelligent than the first, though he has the same psychotic urges and desires of the original.
    Last edited by Varthonai; February 16th, 2009 at 11:30 PM.

part two in progress
    current update: save the cat that you maimed

(Well, nice RP Varth, I'll join if I have the time, which now I don't.)
    Member since September 2007
    Original post count:874
    Oh yes, I'm back!

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

(Cool. I'm hoping that someone will be Richard the Warlock, because that alone would make the game about 10x more fun... I considered doing him myself but the Corinthian was just too cool to pass up. And too Neil Gaiman-y to pass up. )

(There are lots of pretty deep characters to choose from in this field. I'm really looking forward to seeing some people's choices.)

part two in progress

DQ 1337 Member Paperback Writer's Avatar

(This seems more for our Irish friend. He writes horror stories and stuff. I bet he'll love this.)

(Yeah, I'm hoping he'll join. Actually I'm hoping that just about every active member will join, but I'd settle for one or two of the really good RPers and a handful of other active members.)

part two in progress

(Am I a good Rper?)

(Sure. Does that mean you're thinking about joining?)

part two in progress

Nah, I'm not good with being horror... Unless we're at the screaming part. I know how to make it realistic. ;P

(It doesn't have to be horror. Well, at least not necessarily.)

(It's mostly about the characters and their personalities.)

(I don't want to encourage you to join if you don't have a good character in mind, of course. But if you do, go for it.)
    Last edited by Varthonai; May 26th, 2008 at 05:45 AM.

part two in progress

Delivering the Hurt Killervirus's Avatar

NAME: Belkar Bitterleaf.

CONTINUITY: http://www.giantip.com

CATEGORY: F*cking hilarious.

WEAPONS: Double wielded dagger + throwing knife. As a Halfling though, he's good at throwing the most random stuff at his opponents.

CLOTHING: (More in appearance.)

PREFERRED M.O.: Uhm?

FIGHTING STYLE: Sneaky. Not really brutal, but his sneakyness and cleverness makes him as deadly as poisonous snake food, mixed with rat poison and filled with needles and other items might causing you to choke.

SUPERNATURAL: Ring of jumping +20.

APPEARANCE:

BIO: has joined the Order of the Stick a year ago, Belkar had lots of occasions to show off his lust for murder and volunteer man-slaughter. The only excuse Roy, leader of the group, finds to make him come along, is the promise of sweet goblin-flesh.
    Belkar has showed interest in cooking and candy over the years, as well as the incessant poking and / or stabbing of Roy.
    Last edited by Killervirus; May 27th, 2008 at 02:45 PM.

(Ha, good choice Virus. Looking forward to that.)

part two in progress

(Ah, it was that or Leatherface. You know, "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"? By the way, I suggest this one to anyone wanting to be F*CKING INSANE, 'coz he beats all.)
    Last edited by Killervirus; May 27th, 2008 at 02:46 PM.

(got to ask you this. Do i have to come up with some one from a book/movie/whatever?)

(Yeah, XdbX. Sorry but I really think it will work better with preexisting characters.)

part two in progress

(darn time to go back and read Sherlock Homes)

(Wait a second... Virus, I think that Belkar does have a supernatural ability. He has his Ring of Jumping. You might consider that to technically be a weapon and not an ability, but still...)

part two in progress

(Righto. Edited.)

(Can i find some one off Wikipedia?)

Quote Originally Posted by XdbX View Post
    (Can i find some one off Wikipedia?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varthonai View Post
    MAJOR RULES:

1. KNOW YOUR CHARACTER. If possible, you should have seen the movie, or read the book, or heard the musical, or whatever; if you haven’t seen the movie or read the book or heard the musical but you can convincingly lie about it and back up your lies with in-character posts, that’s also ok. You should know the character well enough to play him / her effectively. If the Game Mod believes that you are out of character, you will receive a warning about it via PM but you will not receive any punishment. If you repeatedly continue to be out of character, however, your right to play that character will be revoked. Be warned—the Game Mod has experience with lots of fictional serial killers and it will be hard for you to find one that he doesn’t know. If you’re out of character you will most likely be spotted right away.
    (Does that clarify everything, XdbX?)

(You can use someone off Wikipedia, but only if you can convince us that you really know the character well. So if you can learn enough from Wikipedia to play the role, then yes. Otherwise, no.)

part two in progress

(Yeah, my character is about to be done, just can't think of an appearance.)
    Member since September 2007
    Original post count:874
    Oh yes, I'm back!

("Think of an appearance"? Couldn't you just describe it as it is?)

part two in progress

(darn. well i don't read murder book or any thing. the only person i can think of that i could do is the hood and well he only tried to murder some one in the movie so i don't think i will be joining you guys. sorry by)

(S'cool, XdbX. Maybe it'll work out in my next RP.)

(BTW Virus, it's taking a while for people to post characters so I think we will start when the 3rd player chooses a character. Which will probably be Andre.)

(People can keep joining after it starts, though.)
    Last edited by Varthonai; May 28th, 2008 at 03:59 PM.

part two in progress

(Sure, it'll speed up abit.)

(By the way, I might have extreme difficulties using Belkar to make jokes, so don't judge me D:)

Might as well try this out!

CHARACTER: Dwight McCarthy - mockingly refered to as "The Shadow"

CONTINUITY: Sin City

Category: Dark and Moody

WEAPONS: Dual Colt 1911s

CLOTHING: Jeans, black shirt, flowing leather coat and a pair of red Converse Sneakers.

PREFERRED M.O.: Avoids killing people as much as possible. Otherwise, he uses guns to blunty off them.

FIGHTING STYLE: An excellent kicker; dislikes punching as he hates to 'skin his knuckles'. A terrific shot.

SUPERNATURAL: unbelievable durability and near supernatural athletic capabilities.

APPEARANCE: Brown wavy hair, a muscular caucasian physique and very gloomy facial lines.
    Picture

BIO:
    A photographer who was tricked into becoming a murderer. Following those events, Dwight changes his appearance and tries to live life by becoming his night side, the monster he was so afraid to unleash. He is a sucker for women and is closely allied with the girls of Old Town and often goes to great lenght -- endangering his own life -- to help them.