This is my new Text RPG, which I think will allow for more character development than my last one while simultaneously being a bit less chaotic.
Basically, we will all play as fictional serial killers (since the retargeting update, though, it now includes most fictional character who have ever killed other sentient fictional characters.). I’m not going to allow any real serial killers, for various reasons, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
We’ve all been transported to individual cells in some sort of prison; all of our cells are designed specifically to contain us (i.e. Freddy Krueger would have some sort of dream-proof cell, but Dexter Morgan would just have an ordinary cell for humans.) We don’t know how we got there and we don’t know that there are other people in the prison (because, like I said, our cells are separate.) The plot of the story will advance as we discover where we are, why we’re there, who else is in here with us, and how we can escape. We'll escape from our cells fairly early, and then we'll start meeting up with each other and planning how we get out. I promise you that we will leave a very bloody trail in our wake.
As of Feb 16 09,
--ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED--
--IN CHARACTER PROFILES--
due to the Game Mod deeming them unnecessary.
1. KNOW YOUR CHARACTER. If possible, you should have seen the movie, or read the book, or heard the musical, or whatever; if you haven’t seen the movie or read the book or heard the musical but you can convincingly lie about it and back up your lies with in-character posts, that’s also ok. You should know the character well enough to play him / her effectively. If the Game Mod believes that you are out of character, you will receive a warning about it via PM but you will not receive any punishment. If you repeatedly continue to be out of character, however, your right to play that character will be revoked. Be warned—the Game Mod has experience with lots of fictional serial killers and it will be hard for you to find one that he doesn’t know. If you’re out of character you will most likely be spotted right away.
2. DON’T PICK A CHARACTER WHO’S ALREADY TAKEN. Continuity will be totally screwed up if you do. (However, you may be able to pick a different version of a character who’s already taken… more on this in the Minor Rules.)
3. DON'T MOVE AROUND TOO MUCH. You can do whatever you want in the space you're provided with, but you can't leave that space until the Game Mod says so. Also, you can kill NPCs in your area whenever you like, but you must ask permission from the Game Mod to kill another player, and the answer will almost always be "no."
1. CLARIFY YOUR CHARACTER’S CONTINUITY. Some characters—particularly the Joker—are portrayed in vastly different ways in different mediums. Make it clear which one you’re following. There’s a section for this in your profile description.
2. MULTIPLE IDENTICAL CHARACTERS CAN APPEAR IF THEY USE DIFFERENT CONTINUITIES. For example, one player could be the Joker from Batman: The Killing Joke the graphic novel and another player could be the Joker from Batman: The Dark Knight the movie. However, if you want to do this, you should PM me with a request to do so first.
3. DON’T BE A DICK. This would normally be a Major Rule, but it’s so vague that I can’t in good conscience make it a Major Rule. I hope you can all be clear on this one anyway.
4. (Added out of unfortunate necessity.) KEEP OUT-OF-STORY DISCUSSION IN PM! Don't clutter the thread with stuff that's not furthering the plot; it makes it harder for new people to catch up. If your post contains ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that isn't in parentheses, or if it is otherwise unimportant to the thread as a whole, I will report it. So stop doing it!)
Now that we’ve established those details… here’s my profile. Everyone’s should be modeled on this one.
CHARACTER: The Corinthian
CATEGORY: Smart and Witty / F*cking Insane
CONTINUITY: The Sandman: The Kindly Ones by Neil Gaiman
WEAPONS: Swiss Army knife (ftw!)
CLOTHING: Jeans, white t-shirt, dark sunglasses
PREFERRED M.O.: Removes victims’ eyes, eats them, then kills victim
FIGHTING STYLE: Hand-to-hand combat, Swiss Army knife
SUPERNATURAL: Dream-based body; superhuman strength; can absorb the visual memories of his victims by eating their eyes (NOTE: If your character has no supernatural abilities you should write “N/A” in this section)
APPEARANCE: Bleach-white hair, muscular Caucasian body, mouths and razor-sharp teeth where his eyes should be. Usually covers his eyes with sunglasses to prevent others from seeing this, but when he takes them off:
BIO: The Corinthian was created by Morpheus the Dream King, intended to be a masterpiece among nightmares. The first Corinthian was a failure, and escaped into the human world to murder humans for many years until Morpheus finally captured it and destroyed it. The new Corinthian is much more loyal and intelligent than the first, though he has the same psychotic urges and desires of the original.