Register

Post Movie project : Dear Planet Earth

Dear animators,

Quite a while ago, I had a good script in my head, for a movie. It was called Dear Planet Earth, and I worked hard on it.
    I started working on it, but my computer crashed, and I lost everything.

Instead of crying about it, I decided to do it all over, and way better.
    I do have a little problem though.

I'm not that much of an animator. I know how to animate, but I'm not good at it.
    Over time, I specialized in the art of "Backgrounds" and scenarios.

Here's an example of my work.

I was kind of hoping, that maybe an animator would like to work with me, on my project.
    Or maby more animators at once.
    Some can do character animation, some special effects. You name it.

So basically, what it comes down to, is this:

I'm making a movie, and I'm recruiting people, to help me make it.
    Character Animators.
    Special Effect Animators.
    Other Animators.

You guys name it.

The story resume

50 years ago, the last of the independant countries fell under the repeated assaults of the sons of Mendar, led by Mendar himself (I will explain more about him later). Then, Mendar established the Earth Imperium, and became the very emperor of Earth.
    The first year of his reign, he eradicated the few unorganized resistant groups. Or so he thought.
    What Mendar would discover only years later, whas that a small number of resistants of all countries banded together. Their name : The Human Tribe. Their Goal : secretely build an underground city, out of the sight of the imperium. They would grow in number and in strength, until the day they would be perpared enough to make themselves known, feared, and attack the cursed imperium
    Today, we are in 2200. and the Tribe is close to his objective.

Voice Acting
    If there are voice actors interested, here a short part of the script you can play with, and see if you like the script style.

Dear Planet Earth
    Part 1 : The Human Tribe

In this text, places will be written with [ ] and voice details will be written with ( )
    Also , [H.Q.] represents the headquarters of the human tribe.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

[Narration]
    The narration of the introduction takes the form of Drake’s thoughts.
    -Drake : Fifty years ago, the world collapsed. One by one, independant countries fell under control of the Sons of Mendar, led by Mendar himself. The brutal tyrant became the very emperor of Earth. The first year of his reign, he crushed so many of us resistants. He thought he destroyed our will, our dreams of freedom…He was damn wrong ! And we will soon let him know. Soon, in his fall, he will see the result of years of fear and rage, of blood and tears. He will fear the Human Tribe

Eh, what’s that sound? Ah…Allan is back.

[H.Q.]
    -Drake : I hope you bring good news
    -Allan : Not really… [few seconds of silence]

[Flashback]
    -Allan : (shouts) Come on, Anderson ! Get up ! We’ve got to get out of here !
    -Anderson : No, leave me here. I wont survive these wounds.
    [H.Q.]
    -Allan : Anderson is dead

[Flashback]
    -Anderson : Dont waste you time arghh! (pain sound) take the files and run (shouting really loud, he doesn’t want to see allan fail).
    -Allan : (with authority) Listen up, Anderson. As long as you’re alive, wounded or not, I’m not going anywhere without you.
    -Anderson : Then, you leave me no choice…
    -Allan : NO, ANDERSON, DON’T ! [gunsound: Anderson shot himself]

[H.Q.]
    -Drake : Did you destroy the corpse?
    -Allan : Well…I…
    -Drake : (sudden burst of rage) Dont tell me you did not ! Allan, for God’s sake, you know the rules. You perfectly know what will happen if the Imperium lays hands on the corpse. Now give me the files and leave. I must inform the Patriarch.

[War Room]
    Allan opens the war room’s door, and silently takes place.
    -Patriarch : Well, we can begin. (takes a deep breath) Sirs, you all know why you are here.
    -Allan : No. I mean, I am only an officer. I…
    -Patriarch : You were an officer. And you also were the best of Anderson’s men. You will take his place as commander of the marksmen and expeditionary squads. That said, let’s get back to the plan. Drake, if you will.
    -Drake : Of course Patriarch. (silences a few seconds). Anderson’s corpse is located in the sector 25. Our nearest outpost is on the 23rd. Normaly, the outpost men should retrieve the corpse…
    -Commander Maloy : But ?
    -Drake : But we dont have the slightest knowledge of this sector. We cannot take such a risk.
    Commander Li : Why not send a drone?
    Patriarch : No, they are too close from the imperium watch tower. They’ll intercept it.
    Allan : Wait a minute. There’s something wrong about this, but I can’t figure what.
    Soldier : Patriarch ! We have detected a huge energy signal coming from sector 25. We can even detect it here in the headquarters.
    Patriarch : The imperium, not doubt they found Anderson. (for the first time, the patriarch seems nervous). We have no time for complex plans anymore. Today is the day I waited for 50 years. (strong and firm voice again) Commanders, prepare your troops. All of your troops. Maloy , your impact squads will reduce to dust the central droids factory. Li, you and your men will destroy the watch towers central system… As for Drake and Allan, find anderson.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

So, I hope there's people interested and willing to work with me.
    If you do, please contact me, and let me know what you'd like to help with.

Contact me on: little.brown@hotmail.com
    feel free to add me to your msn
    all comments are welcome : good ones, deadly ones, construtive ones, etc.

Thank you all, I hope to hear from you soon.

Bruno, or Azher on the web

Of and I forgot, here is the description of main characters.
    I have been able to retrieve three old images I have created from a friend that kept them on his comp. So here they are. (portraits coming in a few minutes)

Drake
    Drake is 26 years old. He is one the better elements of the Tribe. Relatively young, self-condifent (and perhaps a bit arrogant), cynical, impatient, sometimes agressive. He is an experienced and skilled fighter. Still, he has much to learn from the elders of the tribe. Not often in a good mood.
    Voice details: speaks at normal rate. In his voice, there always is that professional, low tone. He assists the Patriarch in the administration of the tribe and in the military perparations

The Patriarch
    The patriarch is the founder of the Tribe. The one from whom the idea came, the one who gathered the first loyal fellows. In short, the one men behind hope. His knowledge is as immense as his wisdom. He has a total trust in Drake
    Voice informations : speaks slowly, in a low and firm voice. Fell free to give him an accent (something between a bit of british and a bit of what you want). But it must express something majestic or noble.

Allan
    Allan is 20 years old. He recently entered the close circle of the commanders of the tribe. In fact, he is the youngest member of it. Tall, strong, serious, it is closely impossible to see him smile. on the contrary of Drake, he is no way cynical. he speeks in a medium-low voice, relatively fast and with a ligh (please no nasal sound) american accent.

Last edited by Azher; May 3rd, 2008 at 06:07 PM.

I'll be the voice actor! I want to be Patriarch
    "Im fucking American! And im goddamn proud of it!" LOL
    "No wait... I LIED!!!! IM ITALIAN!!!"

Help me raise it!

http://www.Mastersarge.dragonadopter...2971_pixel.gif

take your time ;)
    A project takes time to build, and this one is at it's beginning. Of course, later on, there will be voice acting auditions. But suit yourself, if you like the character, have as much fun as you want developing voices.

Glad you like the project !

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azher View Post
    take your time ;)
    A project takes time to build, and this one is at it's beginning. Of course, later on, there will be voice acting auditions. But suit yourself, if you like the character, have as much fun as you want developing voices.

Glad you like the project !
    When are the auditions?

I'm not an experienced actor like Tawl, but I think I could give a reasonably good voice for a character or two.

part two in progress
    current update: save the cat that you maimed

Like I said, I prefer not to proceed with the auditions before I even find partners to make he project. That would be wasting voice actor's time. what's more frustrating than work for a project that abort's before it even started?

So yeah, I need to get feedback and find interested animators first.

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

Like I said, I prefer not to proceed with the auditions before I even find partners to make he project. That would be wasting voice actor's time. what's more frustrating than work for a project that abort's before it even started?

So yeah, I need to get feedback and find interested animators first.
    Yes, I understand that. That's why I asked when a hypothetical audition might be, rather than just asking for a specific part.

Let me rephrase the question. If, hypothetically, you had all the animators you need and everything else that you want first, how soon after that would you start holding auditions?

part two in progress

Well well ... It's very interesting project... Story seems to be very good, the background is nice as well ... If you want someone with weird accent I'm here for you.. About the animation help.. I'm not good enough yet....
    When a rich wage war it\'s the poor who die.
    http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6150/sigfinaldi3.png You are NEVER alone.

When auditions come I call Drake

Quote Originally Posted by DataaX View Post
    When auditions come I call Drake
    Dude, the point of an audition is that the director of the project gets to choose. You can't "call" a character.

part two in progress

When are the auditions and when will you inform us

Ok, I think I should clear things ups a bit.
    Yes, I will eventualy need voice actors.
    When the time will come, I will make auditions

BUT

Right now, above everything else, I need to know if the project actualy interests animators. So if you want to discuss voice acting, I would appreciate if you sent me a PM. I do not want this thread to digress.

Thanks all.

PS : come on, animators, where do you hide !?

Ok, I think I should clear things ups a bit.
    Yes, I will eventualy need voice actors.
    When the time will come, I will make auditions

BUT

Right now, above everything else, I need to know if the project actualy interests animators. So if you want to discuss voice acting, I would appreciate if you sent me a PM. I do not want this thread to digress.

Thanks all.

PS : come on, animators, where do you hide !?
    You could go to shiftlimits.com and tell them about it

looks pretty good. im not fond of those characters though.. there is entirely too much bevel on them imo. Story looks good though.

If you get really stuck i could help animate some things.
    I would help fully if i wasn't already working on a project.

Here could be my form of resume i guess.
    http://jaded989.newgrounds.com/ (watch 3 most recent)

Oscar Tribute part 2 absolutely is great !
    Really, if you accepted to work with me, at least for little parts, I would be glad !

sure, i'll help when needed, just give me shout.