TheOnlyHorse's works were just... FAN FICTION?
Oh, look! A thread! Can I post here?
Prologue quote: "Many of the warring ancient factions, slowly discovered a psychic force springing up within many of their army's units; The power to read minds and manipulate the brain."
Ok ok ok, so keeping this quote in mind, let's go back to the corridor Ray was trapped in, when he saw the visage of Lloyd bloodied and scarred. None of the other Evils, not even the Wise One was EVER mentioned to have the ability to move through time/space, except for the Mind Worm, so most likely that Lloyd was a vision created by the Mind Worm in Ray's mind. Even when he tripped and fell through the hole in the wall, the vision kinda flickered and disappeared, probably because the Mind Worm lost grip of it.
This is going to sound crazy... But what IF one the survivors on their way back to base is NOT who they say they are? What if they're a vision created by the Mind Worm in an attempt to get to Earth?
Ok, so maybe it's not the best theory. But is it just me who sees it possible that the Mind Worm could trick the others into believing he is Lloyd/Etrius in future episodes?
Last edited by NoxArcana; July 13th, 2016 at 02:39 AM.
Going with your theory, I guess the only two possible candidates for being Mind Wormed are Ray and Mullins, but my money is on Mullins since he actually had it in his head for a short time. Would be an interesting development.
Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious
And it turns out Castle was just a dream.
The General wakes up in a cold sweat, but it was just a dream. He decides not to let it get him down. After all, today is his big day.
THE GENERAL'S BIG DAY
Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You
Directed by M. Night Shyamalamadingdong
Last edited by CatsAhoy; February 3rd, 2017 at 05:25 AM.
"There, were I have walked, the grass shall never grow again." - Attila
Not exactly a theory, but I did have a dream that when I touched the black orb, it turned into a liquid texture and spread up my arm and turned into the Wise One's armor.
So. I assume most "???" conversation in the series was the Mindworm talking, but this voice also appears to be waking up the droners in their resting room. Which means 2 ways of communication:
- as a loud voice heard by everybody, for which to cause he needs to have a physical form or needs to be in possession of a body with a voice loud enough for it to be heard throughout the entire castle, or at least a very large room.
- directly into people's minds by invading their psyche, which probably includes them moving into them entirely
"felt something was crawling under my skin and started hearing some freaky voices in mi head"...
I think I would support the theory that the mindworm invaded Ray by kind of fusing into him, and caused the vision of Lloyd. The only question is "why?". Did he want to make Ray believe Lloyd was dead? Did he want to cause Lloyd to get a heart attack by putting him in an intense simulated situation? Or was he simply trying to piss off Ray after he ran off when the Mindworm told him to "now take me to your world human"?
Also did you notice the Mindworm did not make any appearance before Etrius touched the Orb? The power to read minds and manipulate the brain was one of the main "features" of the ancients. Something tells me that what was inside the Orb was not an ancient power in the shape of an energy that can be used to create stuff, I think that was the Mindworm... or, not actually a seperate creature, the mind of the wise one or his power or something. I mean based on how advanced that culture mustve been in terms of building stuff and manipulating energy and mass, its quite possible that some sort of spirit was locked away into the Orb for ages and eventually turned insane.
As for Lloyd, seeing as the appearance of dead Lloyd would be counted as a vision by these new theories, his actual status would no longer be "considered dead", but just M.I.A.. Even if he was just alone on the other side of that ravine with tons of evils behind him, he still may or may not have slaughtered them off the way Etrius did in Castle 2. We dont know.
So yeah, what do you think about these new theories?
- Dead Lloyd was just a vision
- The Mindworm is the wise one's spirit or something
- Etrius freed the Mindworm the moment he touched the Orb
- The Mindworm switches from body to body until it eventually reaches the Earth dimension
- The Mindworm did not leave the castle with that last chopper. All on board except for Plisskin were fighting off the evils and flying demons during the last scene, none of them betrayed the others at what would've been the perfect moment, none of them behaved different than we saw them before.
- Etrius and Lloyd and the missing other surviving soldiers (1-2) are the only ones left in the Castle capable of carrying the Mindworm to the Earth dimension now... dis gonna be interesting. One of them will not be who they pretend to be... or maybe the Mindworm will show up in its physical form if it has one.
Roses are red,Violets are blue,ph’nglui mglw’nafh,wgah’nagl Cthulhu.
1: Mindworm picks target
2: Target (in this case human) starts to feel, see & hear things
3: Target goes crazy unless interrupted
I'm interested in whether the Mindworm jumps between targets or "infects" multiple at the same time.