Register
Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2646

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammor View Post
    Interesting observation.
    I've got two theories that could explain this:
    1. The General was following the orders of the higher-ups, who are using him because they know just what the orb is. Justified by Etrius' speech. Alternate: General's talking out of his ass to get Etrius into cooperation.
    2. The world was barren. No signs of resources to build the castle were present - ergo, supernatural building.
    1. Well yeah, except that still doesn't explain how they would know. And I can see General talking out of his ass, though I'm not sure if he was. Etrius seemed to be reading his mind, but there's something that seems somewhat contradictory. "You knew about this all the time", and "They're just using you as a puppet". If he knew that they weren't getting the orb to save Earth, wouldn't that imply he knew what it was really going to be used for? But, if he's a puppet, wouldn't that in turn imply that he didn't know what it would be used for, and that he truly believed it was to end the resource war? So it all comes down to if the General knew the truth and was working with the Superiors, or if he was just being played by them.

2. That actually seems like a likely explanation for why they thought there was a power there. Though I did notice that the Castles seemed to all be built on top of a mountain-like structure, so...I suppose they could've carved them out of those? But there also didn't seem to be resources for things like swords and books, either (and I'm pretty sure I spotted some flags in the background early in the Prologue). So this place NEVER had any resources, it looks like, yet it still had stuff. Also it didn't seem to have...the ability to sustain life. As far as I can tell there was no food or water (unless for some reason the Ancients didn't need any, which..I suppose they didn't if they were able to fight this huge war).
    ...Fuck it, it'll drive me insane if I keep thinking about where the hell they pulled all these resources from. Yeah, the humans probably saw nothing there and thought they would need some huge power to make them. I can't really see why else they would think that.

Oh, but speaking of water, something I thought was really odd...why did it start RAINING, of all things, at the end of Repercussions?

Funny thing is, as some people create deep and well thought theories that are trying to make sense out of all possible details, I can't just shake off the thought:
    "People, Oscar simply didn't think of that. Stop it."
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by WesternGen View Post
    Oh, but speaking of water, something I thought was really odd...why did it start RAINING, of all things, at the end of Repercussions?
    The sky seems to be covered in heavy clouds most of the time, there is wind and lava floods indicating tectonic activity on the planet. And there is obviously a breathable atmosphere. With all these things it doesn't surprise it started raining.

Maybe the world used to be a decent place to live on, but the ancients destroyed everything including themselves. The same thing is happening to Earth because of humans (resource war). That mindworm, which infected Mullins for a short time, mentioned it travels through worlds. There is some creepypasta stuff going on between our world and the Castle world, and the General is either part of it unless he's a puppet unaware of the actual mission. Which also brings me to the craploads of soldiers and civilians such as scientists, Dr.Romanov. Which side are they working for?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    Funny thing is, as some people create deep and well thought theories that are trying to make sense out of all possible details, I can't just shake off the thought:
    "People, Oscar simply didn't think of that. Stop it."
    Yes that lol, rain is no big deal really.

My theory for that is that it's because the evil parasite thing is gone from the castle now, with the characters on that helicopter. And with it gone the land which has dried out under its' influence is now getting back the water and life can start again.
    music is what keeps me alive
    my deviantart

WesternGen: The superiors get insider information from the mindworm, probably:
    "Hey buddies, there's this warfighting resource on a parallel world that you can use, no strings attached!" - while he can bring his army with their help and conquer the world.
    Rimmy: this ain't exactly "9", and even there that ending was seen as lame.
    *glares antagonizingly, then runs away to medicate panic attack*

Interesting observation.
    I've got two theories that could explain this:
    1. The General was following the orders of the higher-ups, who are using him because they know just what the orb is. Justified by Etrius' speech. Alternate: General's talking out of his ass to get Etrius into cooperation.
    2. The world was barren. No signs of resources to build the castle were present - ergo, supernatural building.
    i like that theories... ... i think the superior will have a main role, soon... and he even may be one of the bad guys.
    at the moment i cant really say if the general is a good or a bad guy. yes, he left his men alone. but did he have another choice?
    yes he shot etreius, but only because etreius killed one of his men.
    also i dont know what to think about lloyd... he was dead but not really we have never seen him getting killed, we only saw him spitting blood and we also saw him living standing in front of a few hundreds of evils...

i dont think oscar will only have one of them survived. if he made them have survived, then both. etreius as an alone-survivor would be a bit awkward because there was a repercussion for every more or less important character but not for lloyd so if lloyd is dead a part of his story is just missing.

otherwise if etreius is dead and lloyd survived then the main character is dead and with him the orb's power and lloyd is trapped in this hopeless castle alone and with no resources to survive; he would also die very soon.

Rimmy: this ain't exactly "9", and even there that ending was seen as lame.
    not sure what you're talking about there
    my deviantart

1. Well yeah, except that still doesn't explain how they would know. And I can see General talking out of his ass, though I'm not sure if he was. Etrius seemed to be reading his mind, but there's something that seems somewhat contradictory. "You knew about this all the time", and "They're just using you as a puppet". If he knew that they weren't getting the orb to save Earth, wouldn't that imply he knew what it was really going to be used for? But, if he's a puppet, wouldn't that in turn imply that he didn't know what it would be used for, and that he truly believed it was to end the resource war? So it all comes down to if the General knew the truth and was working with the Superiors, or if he was just being played by them.
    Hm, perhaps The General's superiors made a deal that they would split the powersource and share it. While Etrius found out about this, he blurted out that the General "lied to all of us." Then, the superiors betrayed him, and "used him as a puppet" to retrieve the power for themselves, and in the end, they wouldn't spare any power for the General. But IF this happened, how could Etrius know through the General's thoughts? If the General didn't know, how could Etrius?
    Damnit, questions -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmy View Post
    yees...

This.
    The ending there is about life reborn with raindrops.

Hopefully, someday, I will be in the hearts of all member of DQ....hopefully....

TOH
    I actually find the discussions interesting, sometimes users come up with ideas or theories worth reading. If not, you were given a good laugh
    Most of the laugh worthy theories make me cringe. But yeah, once in a while we do have an interesting discussion. I still remember when I first posted on this thread like it was yesterday. Ah yes, those were days....

By the way, I liked the parallel you drew between the two worlds, ours and the Ancients'. How the Ancients fought among each other and destroyed their own world and how the resource wars are doing the same to Earth. It's like a cycle. So is the Mindworm the cause of this violence and destruction in the first place? Or is it simply drawn towards it which would explain why it wants to go to Earth.

I'm guessing it would be the latter as the Ancients were warring amongst themselves before all those evil creatures and monsters appeared. So then, I conclude my theory by conjecturing that the Mindworm is an entity which feeds on anger and hate and multiplies and breeds it wherever it goes leading to an escalation in violence and bloodshed which ultimately results in the destruction of an entire race or species.

This.
    The ending there is about life reborn with raindrops.
    Oh didn't know about that movie, I still like the idea though. In my opinion it would fit Castle as well.
    my deviantart

Oh didn't know about that movie, I still like the idea though. In my opinion it would fit Castle as well.
    nah not really the story isnt over yet and there also wasnt any happy end or similar. not any real ending at all...

When is castle IV going to be made ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    When is castle IV going to be made ?
    When people stop asking this question.

Sorry i was just wondering.

When people stop asking this question.
    Well that was extremely unhelpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Sorry i was just wondering.
    Well, see, there is no real answer to this question. Castle IV is not in production as far as anyone knows, and is exclusively conceptual at this moment. Oscar is currently busy or otherwise occupied with other projects, which is to be expected. If Oscar starts working on Castle IV, then he'll likely give you guys a heads-up on this site as soon as he can.

My theory for that is that it's because the evil parasite thing is gone from the castle now, with the characters on that helicopter. And with it gone the land which has dried out under its' influence is now getting back the water and life can start again.
    Did anyone consider that this might just be a pathetic fallacy? Because that would make way more sense than magic water.
    Last edited by Victory; March 2nd, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

The name on the link makes it sound worse than it is.

Pathetic in this case is used to signify empathy, not to imply that it's miserably inadequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aval
    I can tell you that yes, there is significance coded into lorem ipsum text, and no, we're not telling.
    Waitwaitwait. A few months ago oscar said that those were just page fillers until you two could write the back stories for them all. And I know that 'Lorem' was one of the words said by one of the strange demon (don't know what it is), in one of the repercussions episodes, the one that when it finished, awoke all of those hibernating evils. It sounds like clutching at straws but at least from the first part it doesn't make sense,
    If the Earth were to fall into the sun, I'd eat all the ice cream before it melts.

Where is the artifact?

This is getting old in a geometric progression. Please stop.

This is getting old in a geometric progression. Please stop.
    I agree. We've got people starting to talk about Castle again like it's the only thing in the world. I wouldn't be suprised if the entire forums became infested with the same subject- Wait...

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

There's nothing wrong with people talking Castle. It's a forum, designed to facilitate discussion about whatever people want to talk about (if anything DQ is designed specifically for discussion of Oscar's portfolio).

There is, however, something wrong with posting the same Castle screenshot multiple times in every thread with slightly altered unfunny captions. Seriously dude, it's annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

Quote Originally Posted by TheScrow View Post
    Where is the artifact?
    scrow

bro

lemme tell you about forced memes

see, when you make something and people like it enough, they might repost it, and that's all very natural and arguably okay

when you make something and like it enough to repost it yourself a bunch of times, it just looks masturbatory and endears no-one to you or your unfunny macro

memes are not made by one person, they're made by a community, okay? they're glorified inside jokes and you can not force them

alright good talk bro