Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoops

Default Whoops

So, guess who now has the right to claim "injured in the line of duty?"

Yeah. Long story short, I got injured during a 3 day Training Exercise known as Victory Forge. For those unaware of US Army training, Vic Forge is a field training exercise (FTX) that tests a warrior's skills in a field scenario. It is one of the final steps to graduating Basic Combat Training.

Im not sure the exact event that caused it, but I was suffering some mad pain in the time after, and on last Monday, I got an MRI, Bone Scan, and X-ray.

Diagnosis: PV2 Brown has 5 stress fractures in his hips. To count
    • Fractures 1 and 2 are Grade 3 (Very Bad) bilateral stress fractures on the femoral necks.
    • Fracture 3 is a Grade 2 (Pretty Bad) stress fracture in the upper left femur.
    • Fracture 4 is a Grade 1 (Kind of Bad) stress fracture in the right femur, surrounding the femoral neck.
    • Fracture 5 is a Grade 2 stress fracture in the middle of the right femur.

Now, to clarify, one Grade 3 Fracture is enough to warrant medical leave or discharge. In my case, I am ONLY offered a medical discharge from potentially permanent injury in the line of duty, with choice to re-enlist in 6 months depending on status of my fractures.

On the upside, I earned my graduation. So I *might* not have to go through BCT again. Still, I'm in the Fort Jackson Rehab until my discharge paperwork is finished.
    Last edited by Ivyn; April 8th, 2017 at 09:29 PM.
    Ain't no party

All that remains is making up some badass story about your injuries.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

tell them you had to save your fellow training people from a rabid grizzly bear that broke into the training place

But for real, I hope you're able to recover and soonly - that sounds like a nasty injury
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

How the heck do Finnish soldiers pull off weeks of forest scenarios in summer heat or ice cold winter while you break hips in a 3-day scenario... You must've made a mistake at some point that caused an injury, or your that body of yours can't handle the career choice. And what is this "warrior" you speak of, you're a bunch of greenies, not actual soldiers in duty.

Good thing your country has tax payers tho

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Ecfor View Post
    How the heck do Finnish soldiers pull off weeks of forest scenarios in summer heat or ice cold winter while you break hips in a 3-day scenario... You must've made a mistake at some point that caused an injury, or your that body of yours can't handle the career choice. And what is this "warrior" you speak of, you're a bunch of greenies, not actual soldiers in duty.
    i have a feeling he's already noticed something went wrong
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Yeah, there were really subtle hints on that. Or maybe thats just a conspiracy theory.

Anyways, get well Ivyn. Sounds painful.
    Roses are red,Violets are blue,ph地glui mglw地afh,wgah地agl Cthulhu.

Nice condescending attitude you got there. Why would it matter that he injured himself on a 3 day course? And I am fairly sure even your super badass elite Finnish soldiers injure themselves in summer heat and ice cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScrow View Post
    Yeah, there were really subtle hints on that. Or maybe thats just a conspiracy theory.

Anyways, get well Ivyn. Sounds painful.
    No shit Sherlock. The point isn't to have you tripple-confirm some one's mistake. The things is, they're not warriors doing honorable work. Are you aware of the medical costs in the US? Not to mention the military costs... I'm sure Ivyn isn't paying for the expenses, taxpaying civilians do. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    Nice condescending attitude you got there. Why would it matter that he injured himself on a 3 day course? And I am fairly sure even your super badass elite Finnish soldiers injure themselves in summer heat and ice cold winter.
    I could comment like the others did and gain sweetheart points but this time I couldn't help but think beyond personal injury. Breaking hips sucks, sure does, but there's a little more to it.

If you write some more about super badass elite soldiers maybe it'll make you feel better but my interest is meager to say the least.

You've really outdone yourself. Even I think your approach here is tacky, uncalled for and unpleasant. There's really no need for this kind of flippant attitude, and from one pugnacious asshole to another, I'd cut my losses on this one, and save some face.

Anyway, get well Ivyn.

Sounds really painful, get well soon Ivyn!

Feel better soon!

Thanks for all the support. The good news is my Commander granted me a REFRAD (Removal From Active Duty) order instead of a Medical Chapter 5-17. I've got a few months to heal while serving at Mare Island as a reserves soldier (1 weekend a month) It's still a several month break, but I'm still enlisted and just ship right back to active duty once I've healed.

How the heck do Finnish soldiers pull off weeks of forest scenarios in summer heat or ice cold winter while you break hips in a 3-day scenario...
    How does anyone incur any sort of injury? Shit fucking happens.

You must've made a mistake at some point that caused an injury, or your that body of yours can't handle the career choice.
    No shit I made a mistake at some point. However considering my performance has been fine up to this point, and considering I had the balls to willingly raise my right hand and stick with it without ONCE second guessing my decision, clearly the problem isn't that I'm just a wimp.

And what is this "warrior" you speak of, you're a bunch of greenies, not actual soldiers in duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Soldier's Creed
    I am an American Soldier.
    I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
    I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
    Every member of the US Army is considered a Warrior who serves by the Soldier's Creed and Warrior's Ethos. It's a title every Private, NCO, Officer, and Commander lives up to. I can't think of a single person in my Fort who would agree with your claim that we're neither soldiers nor warriors. Especially since I've already gotten my dress blues and graduated Basic. I've earned my right

I don't even GET any medical assistance for this! My Healthcare, which comes from MY paycheck, was only used for the scans and painkillers. Anything else I have to get on my own dollar

The things is, they're not warriors doing honorable work. Are you aware of the medical costs in the US? Not to mention the military costs... I'm sure Ivyn isn't paying for the expenses, taxpaying civilians do. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    This is insulting on every meaning of the word. Let's forget the fact that I'm paying most everything beyond my scans and skittles from my housing money. I didn't realize that my status as a soldier meant that I'm some child-killing war machine. Forgive me for getting hurt when I was in OCPs. Forgive me for needing to be housed, fed, and trained to be a competent soldier. It's just vitriolic that you're just throwing all these insults and shit my way because of all places to be hurt, it was Fort Jackson.
    Last edited by Ivyn; April 14th, 2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Ain't no party

Quote Originally Posted by Ivyn View Post
    Every member of the US Army is considered a Warrior who serves by the Soldier's Creed and Warrior's Ethos. It's a title every Private, NCO, Officer, and Commander lives up to. I can't think of a single person in my Fort who would agree with your that we're neither soldiers nor warriors. Especially since I've already gotten my dress blues and graduated Basic. I've earned my right
    Switch the words "US army" and "my Fort" to e.g North Korea (any country or military organisation really). It's a bunch of words and they start to matter when you do something for real, preferably the good kind... For you it means to be a warrior when you train "at home" because somebody wrote it... Are you going to serve overseas and protect the innocent from the violent?

I don't even GET any medical assistance for this! My Healthcare, which comes from MY paycheck, was only used for the scans and painkillers. Anything else I have to get on my own dollar
    Alright then, I have the information I need. This particular paragraph/case can be closed. uh, dunno how to say that.
    Last edited by Ecfor; April 15th, 2017 at 03:15 PM. Reason: DQ gestapo doesn't tolerate questions

I logged on for the first time in awhile just to reply to this lmao.

Ecfor I really think you need to back down; this isn't cool, man. Even Vic told you to back off and I think that really speaks volumes on just how douchey you're being. He was injured, it doesn't matter how long he's been in service or how many battles he's been in. An injury is an injury, it doesn't matter how he got it.
    Just because he hasn't justified or proved himself up to your standards doesn't mean he is any less deserving of some compassion and maybe a little less bullshit from a certain someone.

Anyway, get well soon Ivyn, you deserve some rest.

Quote Originally Posted by PiscesFish View Post
    I logged on for the first time in awhile just to reply to this lmao.

Ecfor I really think you need to back down; this isn't cool, man. Even Vic told you to back off and I think that really speaks volumes on just how douchey you're being. He was injured, it doesn't matter how long he's been in service or how many battles he's been in. An injury is an injury, it doesn't matter how he got it.
    Just because he hasn't justified or proved himself up to your standards doesn't mean he is any less deserving of some compassion and maybe a little less bullshit from a certain someone.

Anyway, get well soon Ivyn, you deserve some rest.
    Ah man this forum really is a pain to browse with this Nokia. It's deleting my quotes and yours >8[ I'll just say that I've clearly stated that case can be closed, no need to add fuel or have a "I got the last say contest". I did express my concern regarding the whole warrior thing tho...

Ivyn, feel free to ignore that in my last post or reply if you wish to continue along the same path of discussion.
    Last edited by Ecfor; April 15th, 2017 at 03:17 PM.

TOH, you don't get the right to just say "case closed, no harm done" when you make a point of being a jackass.

I'm sorry to be condescending myself, but you're a civilian of another country. You really don't have any right or reason to argue the beliefs of me and my brothers and sisters

And yes, if war did break out and I was expected to fight, I'd be ready and willing to kill and die to protect my country.

For the record, my aim is to be a Cadre Member. A Drill Sergeant.
    Ain't no party

TOH are you trying to make yourself the least liked person on here? Cuz so far, I think you're doing an excellent job! You are arrogant, you don't back down, you're unapologetic... Keep it up!

I'll delete this if the mods deem it inappropriate, but Ecfor, switching to PMs and continuing to one-up me is pointless. Even if you were shot while being thrown off a cliff wrestling Wammu, it doesn't invalidate the fact that I'm still in the army, and I'm still going to continue serving.

Ain't no party

Yes why would that be bad? There is nothing to hide here. On multiple occasions it has been stated that PM is a better option if the discussion no longer is relevant to it's original post. You are more than welcome to screenshot as many PMs you like. It stated facts about me and the way things work here. I wrote a reply as well but things glitched before I got to hit the send button. Here are some quotes, I can't do screenies atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivyn

Considering the fact that you went so far out of line to be a dick, and are still trying to play holier-than-thou, forgive me for holding my breath. Also considering you're still trying to one-up me, and feel the desire to continue this in private to save face, I find it really hard to believe that you have any sort of discipline or integrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecfor
    I've told you some facts about myself. I don't feel the need to use your thread for my past and present, is this what you consider "saving a face"? Or have I gotten it wrong (expression is new to me tbh, had to look it up) If you must know, I prefer to leave folks fighting in the sandbox by themselves, it's not the best option for them but eventually they run out of sand and that forum beneath starts to show.

Originally I thought you were leeching taxpayers money due to your mistake. I now know that isn't the case. Guess we're in the same shitty boat where our paychecks gotta do the work...
    I've handled the situation correctly. Are you scared of receiving private messages AND replies in the forum? How else was I supposed to tell you that if you want to ban all channels of communication?

No, TOH, I just think you're being a vitriolic asshole for no reason other than wanting to be edgy and crude.

I'm not scared, you're just unpleasant as fuck for absolutely NO reason. Up until this point in time, we've had a decent relationship on the forums. Everyone is telling you that you're in the wrong and way out of line here, so clearly the problem isn't with me.

You literally just decided out of the blue that you'll start shit talking me because I was injured during training, and that I just so happen to be an American soldier (citing your disdain for US military and medical costs)

You're dangerously closed-minded and nationalistic. I was fucking DEPRESSED when I was initially slated for a medical discharge. I still AM depressed because I have 5 hip fractures that have me in fucking crutches and constant pain all day.
    Last edited by Ivyn; April 15th, 2017 at 10:40 PM.
    Ain't no party

Man, TOH is so cool. She's elite, she's smart, she's clever and super talented, everyone here is a child beneath her vast intellect. She's clearly better than all of us, guys. I think we better admit we are wrong, just as we have always been wrong all these years whenever we had an argument. It's literally impossible that she could do a mistake. Come on guys, let's be real here. We're all assholes. I wish I could bow down in front of her, literal goddess, the best at everything. We all fuckin suck.

All this because the ナlander (already Nordic welfare but that's obviously no item) got her panties in a bunch over tax dollars supposedly going to medical treatment incurred by training accidents.

Not to mention even if taxpayers floated the bill with our stolen money, the treatment of Ivyn and all other soldiers in peacetime would be fucking peanuts compared to what was just wasted on those 57 tomahawks and MOAB our toupee'd God-Emperor threw out.

I think we can all agree to this point that Ecfor has initially misbehaved and kept that up for a bit, but in what she quoted herself saying in PMs to Ivyn, I think she figured out she was wrong and trying to fix it. That doesn't change the fact that she was being a jerk, but at least it should be a reason for us to just stop this discussion. We haven't clicked this thread to read about a fight between Ivyn and Ecfor, we have clicked it to read about what happened to Ivyn, wish him well, and just generally be that great online community that has always been there for it's users when they had problems. Right now, everyone here is just beating the only dead horse (pun intended) around, and while this does boost activity on the forums, it in no way is a pleasant conversation for either of us. I know I am not really an active user, but when I see this it really... it is frustrating.

I was fucking DEPRESSED when I was initially slated for a medical discharge. I still AM depressed because I have 5 hip fractures that have me in fucking crutches and constant pain all day.
    Thats why we're here. And I can only repeat: Get well Ivyn. Injuries like this suck. I'm glad I never had anything like this myself, but thats because I am german and military service is not ... I don't know what it's called. Lets just say it is voluntary here.

I know you probably want an apology from Ecfor, but you know her better than I do, so how likely is it that you will get one? But here is the point: does it matter? Does it change anything? What is gained from keeping this up? Just calm down everybody. I am not defending Ecfor here. I'm just trying to ... I don't know. Be the voice of reason?
    If you think I should just stay out of this and let this conversation escalate, please forgive me.

Ivyn. One more thing. While I have no idea what such an injury is like, the pain and everything... I do know what a depression is like. It has always helped me during my depressed phase to just listen to some good music, to let myself sink into it and try to relax, even when I was in pain from doing physical work for 10 hours in a row without a break thanks to my shitty job. I preferrably listen to Psychedelic Stoner Rock because that is just extremely relaxing... if you want some recommendations for music, feel free to send me a PM.
    Either way, time to close this pm. Have a nice day everyone!
    Last edited by TheScrow; April 16th, 2017 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Ecfor is a "she" so I adjusted my post.
    Roses are red,Violets are blue,ph地glui mglw地afh,wgah地agl Cthulhu.

Alright, I'm putting my foot down. PM's are private, and unless they're used to breach the forum rules, they should remain so. So no more sharing of private messages to incite a public fight! If you want to bitch and moan at each other, private channels are available, but I won't tolerate a shit flinging contest. Any subsequent messages to this affair will be deleted immediately. That goes for the rest too, get back on the topic at hand.

That sucks to hear, brah. Actually, before the injury, how were you finding the training? I once tried to join some cadets but it wasn't really for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.