Register

Default Happy 11th birthday DQ and some Castle update

Hey guys,

It's that time of the year again, DQ's brithday!

I'm likely repeating myself, but every time I do these posts it feels like it hasn't really been a whole year. More like our 10th anniversary was just a few months ago. And I usually say something along the lines that I'm surprised that there's still some small activity here after all these years. I'm especially happy to see people who share their creations in the forums. Anyways, hats off to you all for still sticking around. As long as you do so will I!

Some news regarding Castle IV is probably in order as well - As you might have noticed my activity in the blog is a bit lacking lately. I'll go ahead and be honest when I say I have been prioritizing other parts of my life lately over DQ and Castle. I still do work on Castle almost every day, but an hour here and there is a pretty ineffective way of really getting things done. I'm very happy with my results thus far, and the project is progressing though. I am more than encouraged to eventually get it done, it just takes a lot of time, more than I wish for but I guess that's life and I have to accept it.

In other news I have also decided to actually add more run-time and story to Part A than was first intended, which has taken additional planning. I came to realize that with the wait spanning for six years plus now, It'd be disappointing to not give away some key element of the story line, me and original co-writer Fabian have planned to add that element into Part A.

I have also re-worked the design of the characters a slight bit which I plan to showcase in the blog soon. And to get a bit technical, I have now completely scrapped my custom rig in favor of 3Ds Max's built in CAT solution. I've burnt countless hours on trying to perfect my custom rig, only to realize I could probably go on and do it forever and still not be fully satisfied. From now on I will try to avoid time devouring black holes such as this and more carry on and focus on what actually shows on the screen in the end. But it's easier said than done to get carried away in technicalities.

With this being said I believe it's quite obvious news to inform that I won't be able to release Part A this year. I'd wish to be able to give a precise new release date but I'll have to be vague and say whenever it's done, probably second half of next year.

Some positive news though is that the character bios page has been give a lot of attention especially driven by our dear member Ecfor. Various other members have contributed as well and it's been proof-read by both myself and Fabian. Tawl is working on polishing on it as well, so stay tuned to have a bit more in depth read about the characters and back story when that is done!

That's all for now folks, take care!
    - Oscar

Glad to hear things are going well! As for DQ, it's gonna take more than 8 years (holy shit) to get rid of me!

and yeah, it has only been a few months

12 to be precise

Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

DQ 1337 Member ...I'm not telling you!'s Avatar

Super excited to hear that such consistent progress is being is happening for Castle ^^. Even if the progress is slow, I'm just happy to hear that you're motivated to the point where you're continually working on it even amidst all the family business. Hope things continue to flow consistently and that you're able to keep this sort of balance without any stress

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DQ! WHERE'S THE CAKE ICON!?

More run time to Part A? I'll gladly wait for those extra mins The more the better ~

Regarding the upcoming Castle biographies, I feel that aciDC14 and Mattbot should be mentioned as well. She contributed with ideas that were woven into the text and Mattbot corrected our typical Scandinavian grammar mistakes and gave paragraphs more flow. I appreciate their help <3
    Last edited by Ecfor; December 5th, 2016 at 06:08 PM.

It's really exciting to hear Part A is getting more runtime and that the Castle bios will soon be updated. I don't mind the extra wait time, as it's for more material in the upcoming episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecfor View Post
    I feel that aciDC14 and Mattbot should be mentioned as well.
    Very true. Also not to forget Wadling and Aval who wrote the very first pieces of it years ago

Happy 11th! Looking forward to Castle IV Part A!
    Feel free to visit my small part of the universe.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Dilly890

I can't wait for the reveal that all the events of Castle were setup by Rob DenBleyker and then we finally find out why he never finished Joe Zombie.
    http://forums.deletionquality.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=884&dateline=12447687  75

WOOT! *insert those annoying birthday whistle sounds*
    Oh man, you all have no idea how high my hopes, expectations and excitement are for the progress y'all are making!
    Wishing the team all the best and a calm, clear mind.
    ....I've waited quite a fair share of my lifetime for what's to come!

Plotwist: Joe zombie, Killing Spree and Castle all take place in the same universe during different times and events.
    I'm convinced that the old woman from KS is an Ancient.

I've been very lucky to be a part of the shaping of the castle bios.

However, i feel i've been letting myself and everyone else down by not being as involved in the writing process as much as i should have been since i was the one who asked Oscar if i could i work on the bios.

Which is in large due to my lack of communication-skills and my fear of challenging people.
    Last edited by aciDC14; December 8th, 2016 at 09:39 AM.
    Oscar is better husbando-material then Victory

yaya,11 years!woo.
    congrats for the milestone oscar

Belated happy birthday to the forum.

Also good to hear that there is progress being made in the production of castle IV