Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48
  1. #26

    Default

    I think the 'protests' against Trump are causing more damage than Trump will during his presidency. This country has had some shit presidents, but it's not like we are going to 'undo' the election. So, instead of protesting (rioting) and causing damage to government property that taxpayers are going to have to pay for, it would be in the best interest of the American people to calm down and do the best with their lives that they can right now. The people are causing more division among the LGBT/Race/Minority and other citizens than most of our 'bad' presidents have.

  2. #27
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,211

    Default

    This is why hate and fear don't work. The contemporary PC crowd kept pushing their scaremongering hard enough for the majority to actually stand up and give them five across the face. A farmer coming into the city doesn't need to hear about how much he needs to have his privilege checked.

    Tribal mentality is ingrained in our genes. The goal is to make sure we all feel part of the same tribe, not divide people into different ones.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

  3. #28
    n00b! Filofal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    24

    Default

    So I was originally going to write a longer, drawn out reply, but I'm going to shorten it because I don't think it matters much anyway.

    I don't agree that Hillary was a greater evil. I know about her skeletons, and I don't like her, but the alternative was a man who has never held office, who peddles hate and bigotry, and has an undoubtedly far worse cache of skeletons in his closet. For these reasons, I opposed a Trump victory. I'm also a minority, and Trump hasn't said the kindest things about my people, or people like me. I'm not going to waste time explaining how I feel about that, because one truly has to live the life of a person in a marginalized group to even grasp what we faced and what we fear we will face with a far-right government.

    It is easy to say that protests are detrimental, and that simply settling down and hoping that things will get better will indeed make things more bearable. That is a viewpoint that I cannot hold, although I won't begrudge you for having it. Change doesn't come about through compliance. Change comes about through action. Violent or otherwise. I'll agree that protests are ineffective, but only because they are engendered within the system's control. Protests are given permits, time slots, and thus can be regulated. What is the point of a protest against a system if you must ask for the system's permission? In the 1960s, blacks held uprisings (I don't call them riots because that's just too simple), and practiced civil disobedience. Their nonviolence provoked violence, which in turn exposed the brutality and oppression that many had turned a blind eye to, or just accepted. Things have gotten better, but only incrementally, and that's because the system adapted and we accepted it.

    The message of 'unity' is easy to preach when one isn't threatened. And harder to accept when you feel that all you hold dear is at risk. That's why these 'PC tumblr whiners' are so upset, or the people on your Facebook feed, or college students on the march. I certainly don't feel very inclined for unity with those who don't view me as an equal. Again, this is just how I feel, and I hope you guys can respect that.
    The most solid block will still fall if supported by a table with uneven legs.

  4. #29
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,211

    Default

    It's called being the bigger person. And just like him, I'm a minority too. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

  5. #30
    n00b! Filofal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    It's called being the bigger person. And just like him, I'm a minority too. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    I understand that, and this man is admirable. I'm just saying that not all people can muster being the better person when they feel under threat.
    The most solid block will still fall if supported by a table with uneven legs.

  6. #31
    Formerly Big Boom Avver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    She wanted to establish a no-fly zone over Syria which would cause severe clashing with Russia, and you shouldn't anger one of the most powerful nations on Earth that are already on weird ties with you (Putin even mentioned going to war if she's president, do you want that?).
    lol. Meanwhile Trump tossed around the possibility of leaving NATO. No surprises regarding Putin congratulating Trump the night of his win. One can only wonder what the first topic of discussion will be between the two of them to "mend ties with the US" (the eastern European ballistic missile defense system perhaps?).

    The US knows Russia's agenda, we've been gathering intel on them for years. You honestly think Putin is interested in mending ties? That argument against Clinton, out of all the valid ones, is one of the most ridiculous.
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.

  7. #32
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filofal View Post
    I understand that, and this man is admirable. I'm just saying that not all people can muster being the better person when they feel under threat.
    You want me to feel sympathetic over people who think being nice is too hard?
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

  8. #33
    n00b! Filofal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    You want me to feel sympathetic over people who think being nice is too hard?
    No dude, it's not that simple. You don't have to be sympathetic, but I think you could be empathetic. Seeing why people could find reconciliation difficult is just as important as espousing why it should be done.

    But either way, my goal isn't to change your mind (I'm not that good at arguments), and I don't think you'd want to anyway, which is fine. I just feel as though I've been where a lot of people in this thread have been, in terms of positions, and it's left me unsatisfied.
    The most solid block will still fall if supported by a table with uneven legs.

  9. #34
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,211

    Default

    It's because I can be empathetic that makes me unsympathetic.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

  10. #35
    DQ 1337 Member theone!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sweden/Uddevalla
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Trump's just mouth. It's his supporters that are the actual cancer.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GQtzUYSXEI

    Besides, what's that saying?
    - "Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims"
    Hit it back with;
    - Not all Trump supporters are racist hillbillies but all racist hillbillies are Trump supporters.

  11. #36
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,211
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

  12. #37
    DQ 1337 Member Shinoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    2,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avver View Post
    lol. Meanwhile Trump tossed around the possibility of leaving NATO.
    Ah yes, TOSSING AROUND the POSSIBILITY of leaving NATO is far worse than armed conflict between US and Russia which has actually been alluded to.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

  13. #38
    DQ Member Mastersarge Redux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    Ah yes, TOSSING AROUND the POSSIBILITY of leaving NATO is far worse than armed conflict between US and Russia which has actually been alluded to.
    Really? Cause from my understanding, Putin was rather GLAD to have Trump be the US president. Can't imagine why. Oh cause of Obama's foreign policy.

    But aside from that, I'm just going to give Trump the benefit of doubt. Who knows? He'll blow our fucking minds out of the water and actually be a good president. I don't go by what the media tells me about a person. It is so saturated with biasness and hypocrisy it gives me cancer the size of a rock.
    OH BOY LOOK AT THESE RATINGS!

  14. #39
    Formerly Big Boom Avver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    958

    Default

    lol what a shitshow
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.

  15. #40
    New member Salt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    砂の土地
    Posts
    65

    Default

    please spare my anal virginity trump sama

  16. #41
    DQ 1337 Member Ducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    BLOOD
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    you made me read that post with my own two eyes
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

  17. #42
    New member Salt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    砂の土地
    Posts
    65

    Default



    hahahehe..................

  18. #43
    Formerly Big Boom Avver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    958

    Default

    eh its alright. at least shinoi can educate us more on wikileaks
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.

  19. #44

    Default

    I'm too cynical to actually have feelings towards what Trump is up to but I LOVE the reaction he's getting. It's the most entertained I've been in a long time. (At least for right now)

  20. #45
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,211

    Default

    It's certainly getting a lot more people to pay attention to politics. Saudi Arabia has been best friends with the US for decades but only now are the majority finally questioning it.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

  21. #46
    DQ 1337 Member Shinoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    2,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avver View Post
    eh its alright. at least shinoi can educate us more on wikileaks
    Are you still salty?

    Look my beloved friend, just because I didn't like Hillary doesn't mean I ever supported Trump. Choosing between the two has always been more like a question whether I'd like to be executed by an electrocution chair (Hillary) or a firing squad (Trump). I'd choose the firing squad because it seems less painful and at the time, it made me feel slightly less anxious and fearful. I don't trust Trump, he's a dangerous narcissistic maniac who strikes me as a fascist, but neither did I trust Hillary whom so many supported because she presented herself as a saint (and let's face it, many wanted to vote for her just because "first female president" sounds so damn catchy - in which case she's nothing but a novelty).

    So I'd very much appreciate it if you'd let go of your petty grievances just because we happen to have a different opinion. I don't even know why you had to call that shit out, you trying to be funny? Because it's not really working out. Or were you trying have a friendly "oh haha remember when you disagreed with me" type of conversation? Because this isn't working out either.

    Unless you really wanted me to educate you more on dem wikileaks because I can ruin your day with pointless bullshit you don't even care about. So take your pick.
    Last edited by Shinoi; February 3rd, 2017 at 10:47 PM.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

  22. #47
    Cynical Puppeteer Victory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,741

    Default



    Says it all, I believe.

  23. #48
    Formerly Big Boom Avver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    triggered
    nothin personal kid
    Last edited by Avver; February 6th, 2017 at 05:20 PM.
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •