Register

Default Discord group anyone?

So, I've recently been using Discord a lot for group communication. For those of you who don't know, it's like a combination between a bulletin board and Skype, albeit a version that doesn't suck ass. My experience has been positive so far, so I figured I'd just ask if there's any demand for a DQ group.

Discord allows you to chat normally in private conversations, but also set up rooms and groups for both text and voice conversations. I don't know if people still do DQ skype conversations, but Discord handles this kind of stuff a lot better, and much more smoothly.

For the RP crowd, it's even possible to use bots for different effects, such as playing music directly into the chat from local playlists, simulate dice rolls, and much more, I'm sure. I haven't really looked into it.

Basically, I'm looking for any reason to ditch Skype, is what I'm saying.

I've been using it a lot recently as well. It's pretty stable, goes down only when there's like 8k and more people on it (happens regularly on Game Detectives discord). So I support this idea.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    Basically, I'm looking for any reason to ditch Skype, is what I'm saying.
    Here here. I have discord, but I can't seem to get it to pick up my audio. Once I fix that, I'll happily switch over to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.

I have discord but rarely use it since I feel like I'm kinda the only one amongst my friends who use it. I think a DQ-group on discord would be nice!

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

I do have discord! My info is Hurricane Funk #4565
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

Interesting, Skype never got my genuine affection either so I'm willing to investigate alternatives.

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

Yeah skype is megatrash and I've always wanted to ditch it; still not totally sold on discord but open-minded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Interesting, Skype never got my genuine affection either so I'm willing to investigate alternatives.
    Do it. It's basically the current hot trend. I think discord is terribly designed but it is tremendously better than Skype. Though to be fair, sending physical letters is better than Skype.

Also warning for all those who fear the TOS and privacy concerns, discord is invasive indeed.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Also warning for all those who fear the TOS and privacy concerns, discord is invasive indeed.
    Yeah, that was my major concern. I'm frankly disgusted with how invasive Skype is, made even worse given how insecure it is from a cybersecurity perspective. How prone is Discord to being compromised? If it's even more invasive than Skype, I'll need quite a bit more convincing.

Whelp since I'm able, I'll get one going for now.

Join Here.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

DQ 1337 Member

I'll join as well! Got Discord since last year and I've been quitting Skype ever since I start use Discord.
    Boomer's fangirl since 2006

Nice,there's a discord chat!Now I'll be waiting until someone makes a Chat Thread to become more active here