Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle Turn

every time i look at the title i think it says 'rifle tum'

Looks like the soldiers got an upgrade while we weren't looking!
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

Had to double check but it seems right

Yeah, I'm actually taking the liberty of making small adjustments everywhere. Seems like an appropriate time to do with the overall style change upgrade and everything.

I like it a lot! It's similar to FN2000 which is used by Slovene military. Very well done and well detailed and could easily be an actual rifle in real life.

If I may add a suggestion, I would change two things. First off, I'd make the magazine a bit larger. Not much, just big enough so it can be firmly grasped with a hand. Second, I would change gun's stock to have a curve like this: http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/...fs2000_blk.jpg
    This way, gun fits on shooter's shoulder.

Of course these suggestions are here just to make the gun a bit more realistic and believable and not entirely something critical. Keep us posted with updates!

Also, I love the pinkish shine to them.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Thanks for the ideas, I think a curve to fit the shoulder is a good easy fix.

You're probably right about the magazine too. Unless the rifle has a mechanical "eject" button it would be hard to the clip.

Gotta agree with Shinoi. As a stereotypical American who has far more experience firearms than any civilian should rightfully have it does very much look like something that a military could be using, although the magazine is a tad too short (as mentioned above).

Now all I need to know is where those sounds of brass hitting the floor are coming from since the rifles seem to use caseless ammunition

they hired a few guys with hammers to follow them around and tap the floor off-screen
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

Good to know! I'm far from an expert when it comes to these matters.

After double checking older episodes it seems you're right about them being case-less. I don't think I even thought about it at the time (rather forgot to add empty shells in). Not sure if this should be a tradition to hold on to or not since it's inconsistent with the sound design...

Oh man I'm starting to miss the old clunky design of the castle rifles, but I like the new one as well. I guess the General went off to raid eastern Europe or something Shinoi already covered the practical stuff like comfier stock and larger magazine (who doesn't want more bullets?) but I couldn't help but notice that neon-glowing pink reflection. Allow me to compare ~

See below: I believe this is one of the brighter scenes where we can actually see the rifle's true colour. It leans towards pink but it doesn't scream neon pink. The new rifle is clearly grey but glows pink when rotated, there's a hint of blue as well. I don't think the new rifle is screaming Castle as much as the old one did. They're both pink'ish yes but the new rifle got too much of a bright glow, have you tried pink with negative saturation like the old rifles?

Another thing about the old rifles are those massive vertical stripes serving as handguard. I really liked them, seems like you could attach a variety of tools such as flash lights or laser scopes.

My opinion is subjective and you may choose to ignore it but I kinda felt like writing about my reaction to that GIF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecfor View Post
    I guess the General went off to raid eastern Europe or something
    A little known fact, but all soldiers you see in the series are in fact Slovene troopers. They fight with a courageous spirit known to be possessed only by soldiers of a nation where it's not uncommon to drink alcoholic beverages before noon while on the job.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Ecfor View Post
    Oh man I'm starting to miss the old clunky design of the castle rifles, but I like the new one as well..
    I understand your point completely and I think it's good to be very aware of what's changing from the original. As with my overall thinking for the project however, my aim is not to re-create stuff to meticulous historical design, rather pass on a legacy while doing improvements and upgrades. The old design one screams Castle because that's the original design

Now that you mention it though, those bumpy vertical things is perhaps a good thing to pass on to the new design. I think I'll make a test to see, thanks!

I remember now why the original design is pink, I accidentally put light in Swift 3D to be red which blended everything pink I just kept it in for some reason.

I love the idea of having the rifle have a pink-ish reflection when it's moved, or when the light touches it. Though it's a cool technique, I feel the bright neon color might come off as a bit distracting. I like Ecfor's suggestion on lowering the saturation a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by NoxArcana View Post
    I feel the bright neon color might come off as a bit distracting. I like Ecfor's suggestion on lowering the saturation a bit!
    Cool, it will vary depending on how intense the scene itself is lit, but I'll keep in mind to avoid any neon glowing look

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Cool, it will vary depending on how intense the scene itself is lit, but I'll keep in mind to avoid any neon glowing look
    Or you can keep the neon and say it's because you're collabing with Nicolas Winding Refn.

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

I dig the glow don't change a goddamn thing that is an order

I base this on no qualification whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

Ah, I was really hoping to see the old rifle design again, but I guess it wasnt meant to be. What about the other guns we saw in use.
    General: Revolver
    Ray: Pistol
    Boomer: Shotgun
    Beecher: Sniper Rifle (if you ask me, it really looks like a Steyr AUG ... such a beautiful gun. Would love to see Beecher use that one again)
    Those old guns, especially with their color, really had a charm to them, they just were fitting so well into the castle theme. Now the new gun doesnt look bad but if thats gonna be the new gun the soldiers use, can you at least make it so in the story its actually a new gun as well? I think that would help. Also the purple glow on this new rifle, I really like, but could it glow more in the color of the original rifle? This pink it has right now reminds me of the Reflection bug seen in counter strike source on Dust 2 alot...

Anyways, glad to see you're still making progress. To you got a release ETA for us? I dunno, "sometime next year" ?
    Roses are red,Violets are blue,ph地glui mglw地afh,wgah地agl Cthulhu.

All this has got me thinking, is it possible the new episode can be completed before the end of 2016, or should it be pushed back further?

It's not going to be possible I'm afraid. I'll make a post about it soon a bit more in detail

I have to admit, this is a completely different design of the past episode. and it's awesome!!!! keep on the good work oscar I know you can make something great ;)

Hi oscar, sorry for kind of necroposting this thread, but... are there any news? There has mostly been silence for about a month, and the Castle 4 page still lists the release date of episode A for Q4 of 2016, while I guess its more something along the lines of Q4 of 2017... I know you're having other stuff to deal with, but it would be great to see some kind of news or progress. Maybe a poster of all the main characters, with the ones reported dead or missing kind of grayed out a bit ... remember during Boomer's monologue in Repercussions D2 there was that part where he said "I miss my old team" and then the old team was shown... you could pretty much go along the lines of that. I dunno, just suggestions and theories.

Have a nice day everybody!

//Edit: also I only just now realized the new design is a bullpup (mag behind the trigger) ... damn, I love bullpups! My fav is the Steyr AUG A1!

Heya, no worries about necroposting blog posts I assume. Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been focused on other stuff like you say. But I do still work on it almost every day, I just didn't take the time to package and upload changes for you guys to see lately. I'll try to put something new up soon And I don't think a poster is worthy any priority right now, the actual movie is.

You're certainly right about that, the idea of the poster was just to use it as a way of showing off the new character designs as a status update for example. Just an idea tho, ofc. I absolutely agree that the actual movie has the top priority right now.

I'm sitting here, waiting for Tawl to proof-read those bios so we can release them It'll make a nice update once they're done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScrow View Post
    You're certainly right about that, the idea of the poster was just to use it as a way of showing off the new character designs as a status update for example. Just an idea tho, ofc. I absolutely agree that the actual movie has the top priority right now.
    Yeah I see your point though, I'll put some thinking into it if there's a good way to showcase the new character design