Register

Default A Dead World - Speedpaint

Finally got some good recording and editing software, was able to put this together. My USB got corrupted in the middle of the project and I lost all the files, but luckily a few recordings were still there so I could just screenshot and paint on top of them.
    I know it's not perfect, and probably not all that good, but it's my first speedpaint and I look forward to the day when I can look back at this video and laugh/cringe at how bad it was.

http://eternityblue.deviantart.com/a...aint-641247727
    Last edited by NoxArcana; October 25th, 2016 at 03:09 AM.

Sis, this is so cool! ;O;

Great stuff! I'd love to see more

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

Man, your art has been improving so fast lately. This is really good!
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

Thanks everyone! And thank you for the front page feature, made my week I definitely plan on doing more of these.

Yiiisss my wallpaper dragon finally has a friend 8D

Yeeaah, no that's actually really amazing.

Btw, that Apocalyptica brought back a LOT of memories. Thank you.

This would be great for a desktop wallpaper background, it would be great if it's available in size 1920x1080, but great art though, love it!
    Last edited by Undernage; October 25th, 2016 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Undernage View Post
    This would be great for a desktop wallpaper background, it would be great if it's available in size 1920x1080, but great art though, love it!
    Thank you! The original file was somewhere around 3000 pixels, but lost the file and had to start again smaller. It's uploaded to deviantart though, so you can download it there! http://eternityblue.deviantart.com/a...aint-641247727

Quote Originally Posted by Ecfor View Post
    Yiiisss my wallpaper dragon finally has a friend 8D
    It's all fun and games until one them realize the other destroyed his flooring...
    Last edited by NoxArcana; October 25th, 2016 at 03:13 AM.

This is really dang cool! Definitely looking forward to more speedpaint here.

Thanks! New speedpaint is up. And in glorious 1080p!

Aiming for a different kind of style here, and giving architecture a shot. I'll be splitting this into two parts.

The Ancients were one of the best Architects...

Last edited by NoxArcana; October 25th, 2016 at 04:53 AM.

Good stuff. I don't want to criticise this too much, because I feel like the point of this is to share a process of minor refinements, but if there's one thing that really bug me in action poses it's stiff and rigid poses that defy a sense of momentum. Your warrior doesn't so much look like he's leaping off a cliff to strike a dragon, as much as he's hopping on a cliff, holding his sword up like a torch. There's no movement, there's no energy, and I feel like if you were to let the tape roll, he wouldn't be leaping towards the dragon; he'd be tumbling down the cliff side; he seems to lack the strength to make it all the way to his target.

You could've really gained by having him further off the cliff, to imply a sense of motion and thrust, and bending his arm would create more potential for a swing. It's silly, but missing this one element makes the dragon seem... kind of annoyed at the spastic challenging him.

That's cool, interesting seeing an interpretation of the ancients' glory days!

I feel I have to make a comment however about the three point perspective you start off with for the castle: It's generally not the way to go to have isolated "islands" of perspective grids like that (you always have one perspective in real life which is your eyes or the camera). I'd suggest a unified grid which the whole piece (every element in your painting, including the Castle) follows. Example:

... Or if you were aiming for some iconic style, then disregard what I just said ;)

You're in a flow, keep 'em coming. I'd love to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    Good stuff. I don't want to criticise this too much, because I feel like the point of this is to share a process of minor refinements, but if there's one thing that really bug me in action poses it's stiff and rigid poses that defy a sense of momentum. Your warrior doesn't so much look like he's leaping off a cliff to strike a dragon, as much as he's hopping on a cliff, holding his sword up like a torch. There's no movement, there's no energy, and I feel like if you were to let the tape roll, he wouldn't be leaping towards the dragon; he'd be tumbling down the cliff side; he seems to lack the strength to make it all the way to his target.

You could've really gained by having him further off the cliff, to imply a sense of motion and thrust, and bending his arm would create more potential for a swing. It's silly, but missing this one element makes the dragon seem... kind of annoyed at the spastic challenging him.
    Thanks for the crit! Will keep this in mind for more paintings, guess I need more practice in action poses.
    Etrius: FIGHT MEH-- *falls over cliff*
    Dragon: >_>'

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    That's cool, interesting seeing an interpretation of the ancients' glory days!

I feel I have to make a comment however about the three point perspective you start off with for the castle: It's generally not the way to go to have isolated "islands" of perspective grids like that (you always have one perspective in real life which is your eyes or the camera). I'd suggest a unified grid which the whole piece (every element in your painting, including the Castle) follows. Example:

... Or if you were aiming for some iconic style, then disregard what I just said ;)

You're in a flow, keep 'em coming. I'd love to see more.
    Thanks! Blended in some Roman, Egyptian and Medieval roots to create the city's architecture style. Perspective is something I really struggle with and find super intimidating- all those straight lines... But will keep one grid only in mind to improve even more. Thanks for the crit and the advice! More coming soon this week.

Big thanks to Ducky for allowing me to use his fanmade Castle score.

Doing these motivated me to take the youtube channel more seriously, and create tutorials and videos to help artists. I'm not an expert artist as of yet, nor is my art industry quality, but I feel if I make an early rise in building an audience, it'll be better for the future.

In a world where Trump runs the country, perhaps art can put our worries to rest and give us something creative to think about.

And yeah, Bulgarian Choir because it matches the theme of the book. Constructive feedback is welcome!