Register
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    DQ wannabe Member aciDC14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    196

    Default Metal Gear Survive



    *Crosses fingers*

    Please be good.
    Oscar is better husbando-material then Victory

  2. #2
    DQ 1337 Member Shinoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    tbh this looks retarded
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

  3. #3
    DQ wannabe Member aciDC14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Can't wait for Castle Survive.
    Oscar is better husbando-material then Victory

  4. #4
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    tbh this looks retarded
    I wouldn't be so harsh. The only reason I expect it to be trash is because it's part of a philosophical clusterfuck epic that got violently removed from its creator and turned over to the marketing department. The trailer itself is pretty good and if it were an original game it would move at least four of my eyebrow hairs upward.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

  5. #5
    DQ wannabe Member aciDC14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    196

    Default



    Song is finally out.

    I would love to buy it off itunes however...
    Oscar is better husbando-material then Victory

  6. #6
    Cynical Puppeteer Victory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    I wouldn't be so harsh. The only reason I expect it to be trash is because it's part of a philosophical clusterfuck epic that got violently removed from its creator and turned over to the marketing department. The trailer itself is pretty good and if it were an original game it would move at least four of my eyebrow hairs upward.
    The trailer wasn't that good to be honest. It feels like the product of polls and committee, crossing off everything that they'll think people will get excited over in rapid succession. (Presumably) Open world exploration. Survival. Crafting. Bows. Female character. Zombies. Monsters. etc. etc. et flopping c.

    Also, I'm so fucking sick of zombies. The reason why the undead work in games like Dark Souls are because they're bleak, nondescript husks of something that used to be distinguished and dignified. It fits a theme of the world, and by design they're the least interesting thing about that world. As an enemy design on its own, it's fucking boring. They're not scary, they're not interesting to fight, and they're not a cool monster. I frankly don't care what that crystal is supposed to be, because it's a zombie. All enthusiasm ends there.

    I feel the opposite. If this wasn't a MGS title, and if I was't sure they'd use the fantastic Fox Engine, I'd never give this a passing thought ever again. Meh is frankly too strong a sentiment for this.

  7. #7
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    It feels like the product of polls and committee, crossing off everything that they'll think people will get excited over in rapid succession.
    Everyone lost their right to complain about this the moment they allowed Halo to exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    Also, I'm so fucking sick of zombies
    I honestly didn't think they were zombies, I figured it was something more sci-fantasy involved given the universe. I mean, the roar at the end feels like it hints that those were just smaller versions of whatever bigger threat there exists. But if they really are just zombies... Meh.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

  8. #8
    New member Akai Lackus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Four player coop with hordes of zombie-like enemies and a somewhat unimportant story.

    HMMLMM4MMDMM.....
    Empty of Mindset

  9. #9
    DQ 1337 Member Shinoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Konami thinks "stealth game" means "survival horror".
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

  10. #10
    New member Akai Lackus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    Konami thinks "stealth game" means "survival horror".
    I'd imagine their conference was like: "Hey, you know the Flood. From Halo? Let's do that but with AP Virus Crystals and STEALTH! And then let's add a Metal Gear in it to remind players that this is a Metal Gear game and for good measure!"
    Empty of Mindset

  11. #11
    Administrator Oscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,753

    Default

    I haven't played the latest metal gear yet, so I don't even know if these zombies/whatever are part of the original game. If they randomly decided to add them for the sake of a survival game, I'm also leaning more towards thinking it's just a game made to maximize the amount of players. If they are though, and makes sense, I'd be more curious to actually try it

  12. #12
    DQ 1337 Member Ducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea
    Posts
    1,797

    Default

    My secret weapon is my total lack of knowledge of mgs so hey this trailer has some really nice colors and gem faces and who knows maybe it'll be fun somehow
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

  13. #13

    Default

    Is it bad that I've never touched a Metal Gear game and have literally no idea what this thread is?

  14. #14
    DQ 1337 Member Shinoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Yes, it's very bad. You might get banned from the forums for not knowing what Metal Gear is. Even worse, you might get banned from the internet. We take this kind of disgusting offence very seriously.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

  15. #15
    DQ 1337 Member Ducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea
    Posts
    1,797

    Default



    You're in deep shit
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

  16. #16
    DQ wannabe Member aciDC14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    196

    Default

    The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo will come for you...
    Oscar is better husbando-material then Victory

  17. #17
    New member Akai Lackus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Actually I have never touched a Metal Gear game either.

    But I can still tell that this game is a bad idea.
    Empty of Mindset

  18. #18
    New member NegativeVelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Roughly 1000 Miles From Anything
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Wow, this new Resident Evil game looks pretty good.

    Wait, this is Metal Gear?

    ...

    Shit.

  19. #19
    DQ 1337 Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Not only is the trailer generic, but also the zombie design is incredibly boring, what were they thinking? At least try to tie it into some MGS universe lore, do not just come up with a unrelated theme.
    Last edited by Melanism; August 21st, 2016 at 02:10 AM.

  20. #20
    DQ wannabe Member aciDC14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Oscar is better husbando-material then Victory

  21. #21
    DQ wannabe Member CatsAhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Hey, new Left 4 dea- wait... shit...

  22. #22
    DQ's Terminator Mattbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Wha



    For the briefest of moments I thought they were going for a Predator crossover... one day.

Similar Threads

  1. Metal Gear Rising
    By woo1693 in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM
  2. A new Metal Gear is....
    By DrunkCat in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 18th, 2008, 06:10 AM
  3. Metal....Gear...?
    By Draunia05 in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: December 10th, 2008, 08:29 PM
  4. metal gear and other ***T
    By ZycosE in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: August 18th, 2008, 12:08 PM
  5. Metal Gear Awesome spoofs.
    By Mastersarge 300 in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 21st, 2008, 05:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •