Register

Thread: Holidays

Default Holidays

Hey all!

As usual, the news section has been left inactive for a few months so here's an update! I'm currently enjoying my holidays for a few weeks. The first thing my fiance and I did was leave for a trip to Italy. Here are some photos: https://goo.gl/photos/QZaUvKGqYXWRp4616

What about you guys? How are you spending your summer or life in general?

See you in the froums!
    - Oscar Johansson

Wait... you have a fiance?

Aww
    Last edited by CatsAhoy; August 1st, 2016 at 07:23 AM.

Looks like you guys had fun! Italy is a gorgeous country~ Will be headed to Lebanon in a few days...

DQ 1337 Member

I just went home from a small trip in Helsinki actually! Other than that Im working on a portfolio
    It looks really nice in there you are, I've been in Tuscany years ago and I recommend to go there if you like italian food and Chianti wines ;)
    Boomer's fangirl since 2006

I travelled across the brick-obsessed regions known as Wales and England. The rain and warm air could never be escaped Food was good tho, I found a sushi bar with conveyor bands! As soon as I came back to Finland I visited the yearly viking market and got me some rad stuff including an ox drinking horn.

Quote Originally Posted by CatsAhoy View Post
    Wait... you have a fiance?
    Aww
    Aye!

Quote Originally Posted by NoxArcana View Post
    Looks like you guys had fun! Italy is a gorgeous country~ Will be headed to Lebanon in a few days...
    Relaxing and adventureous at the same time. I had never rented a car before but all went smoothly And the Italians were easier on the roads than I had imagined so that was a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    I just went home from a small trip in Helsinki actually! Other than that Im working on a portfolio
    It looks really nice in there you are, I've been in Tuscany years ago and I recommend to go there if you like italian food and Chianti wines ;)
    Cool, I still need to go to Tuscany, have heard good things of it. Love red wine so it's a pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyHorse View Post
    I travelled across the brick-obsessed regions known as Wales and England. The rain and warm air could never be escaped Food was good tho, I found a sushi bar with conveyor bands! As soon as I came back to Finland I visited the yearly viking market and got me some rad stuff including an ox drinking horn.
    Heh, didn't think of them as brick obsessed, should maybe counsel them for Castle building Anyways sounds lovely hope you had a good time

If you don't mind me asking, how did you and your fiance meet?

Mutual friends and university We also worked in the same place for a brief period of time, but got together some years after that

Out of curiosity, Oscar, how tall are you again?
    Ain't no party

I'm going to Italy to do a week long computational mechanics course. The best holiday anyone might hope for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivyn View Post
    Out of curiosity, Oscar, how tall are you again?
    187cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    I'm going to Italy to do a week long computational mechanics course. The best holiday anyone might hope for.
    Sounds awesome, best of luck to ye

That's really cute. We've never gotten so many pictures at once. Looks like you're having fun. All the best and enjoy the holidays!

Does your girl check these forums sometimes? Is she into castle?

I am back in Germany again since about half a year after spending almost 2 years abroad in South America. Now I know a bit of Spanish and have an Ecuadorian girlfriend. I'm trying to get a good job to save up for a plane ticket and marriage that's more out of necessity for her to be able to live with me in Germany than us actually wanting to get married. It's really hard for us lower class people to have her migrate here to live and work. But it's a goal in life that's giving me direction and although it's hard and there's many obstacles in the way, we're staying together and working on it.

I will also get my driver's license by the end of this month (hopefully). Then I'll be allowed to drive.. Legally

This whole taking my life into my own hands business has matured me by a bit.

I heard Rusty will come to Germany this year. Maybe I'll meet him. I could also let him spend a few nights at my place as he let me stay at his in Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    187cm.
    Damn it.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Damn it.
    And that's only when he's cold, he grows when it's warmer.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

At this rate DQ will be drenched in Yaoi fanfic.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    And that's only when he's cold, he grows when it's warmer.

DQ 1337 Member

Damn, Oscar.

That picture with the umbrellas and the mountain on the background is beautiful (though practically all of the pics you took are, but that one just stands out for me). It totally reminds me of a certain scene from Star Wars II.

DQ wannabe Member NorthernSkies's Avatar

I have been to Lake Garda, Verona, and Venice. Italy is the best country in the Mediterranean, without a doubt, with Spain taking second place.

Froums? What's a froum? Mind collapsing!!
    Last edited by Crafter; January 4th, 2017 at 02:49 AM.
    Oscar is in SWEDEN?!