Register

Thread: Still at it

DQ 1337 Member ...I'm not telling you!'s Avatar

Honestly I don't think anyone was expecting constant updates on your progress, so don't worry, no one's going to take it like a Youtuber stopping uploading for a few weeks and people determine they're dead ^^. As far as making the music yourself goes, are you going for the same tones and ambience? I always took the music for being ominous in the calm before the storm, and then dialed up to 11 for being dramatic during the action sequences. Will this be the same here, or are you planning on going in any different directions now that you're personally making the music?

Hehe, I've always had longer periods of total silence so nothing new there I suppose ^^

I'd say something along the lines of what's been used previously, though now I have the possibility of 100% customization to the script which is awesome.

DQ 1337 Member ...I'm not telling you!'s Avatar

Something I always enjoyed a lot with Castle, particularly with the last episode of part 3, is how you timed things to the pre-selected music tracks, essentially making you tailor the scene to the music. Curious to see what you do with the situation being reversed, but I hope to see you marrying the two aspects in the final part, 'cause that was such a huge part of what makes Castle so damn admirable to me ^^

Hey! Who said you could leave your cave?!
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

HE HASN'T UPDATED IN NEARLY A MONTH! BURN DQ TO THE GROUND!

But in all seriousness, don't worry about constantly updating to show progress! I'd prefer to see the entire episode with a lot of surprises than to be spoiled little by little before the actual release. It's great to see that you're working on the music, and I'm looking forward to hearing that test track ;)

What are you using to make music?
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Fl studio as DAW with Kontakt as main host for various orchestral plugins

Kontakt has to be one of my favourite plugins to use when making music, 8dio and SoundIron patches are super nice and I do recommend!

So excited, I watched the entire series over and over again! I've put so much castle related stuff as my wallpaper, profile pictures for social media, everything
    Oscar is in SWEDEN?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Kontakt has to be one of my favourite plugins to use when making music, 8dio and SoundIron patches are super nice and I do recommend!
    Will definitely check out, thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafter View Post
    So excited, I watched the entire series over and over again! I've put so much castle related stuff as my wallpaper, profile pictures for social media, everything
    Haha awesome to hear. Wish I could put my full time into this project