Register

Thread: And So He Lurks

Default And So He Lurks

Hello DQ. It has been an excruciatingly long time.

For those that don't know me from a grain of sand I used to go by Tawl on the boards, did the voice work for Boomer way back when, and was a mod here (which, holy crap, I still am).

For those that remember me, yay!

I ended up completely dropping off the radar over the last few years. I ended up finishing university completely with a BA/BCom with Honours and I now work at an ad agency here in Wellington.

But have tried to keep myself sane with some ongoing freelance projects. Wellington is getting a massive injection of creatives/start up ventures at the moment and i've been fortunate enough to be able to dip in and out on aspects on branding/comms structure.

Have also been doing a lot of work with theatre in Wellington as an actor/producer/script editor. The next show I'm in is called Retraction, in the Fringe Festival in late February next year which I'm really excited for. I've also been keeping up (and hopefully vastly improving on) voice over work, latest being a weekly skit segment called Old News with Radio NZ.

I'm aiming to get my work/life balance back into proper shape in 2016, so am hoping to show my face around quite a lot more than I have been of late.

Omg hi Welcome back to the forums! Will you still be voice acting in Castle IV?

Haha wow, didn't think I'd see you around. You've been inactive for more than a year and a half! Welcome back, mate.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Oh, this guy again.

<3
    http://forums.deletionquality.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=884&dateline=12447687  75

I like seeing these old legends come back from the shadows, returning home to the land of DeletionQuality!
    Good to see you around here again, Towel.. Tawl.. Eh, I mean Calvey!

Glad to hear you're still doing work in the entertainment industry, hope we'll see/hear some of your work around here again.

Hey, Harry. Is it that time already? I figured you'd be down for longer this time.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's been so long, what I remember about you may as well be the memory of another person entirely. It's certainly not like welcoming back an old friend, because much like with Rezuth, every time you post I'm reminded just how little I know about you. A regular stranger.

So rather than welcoming you back, perhaps new introductions are in order. That's to say, if you actually stay long enough to read this, this time around. As I recall, this is is the third thread in a row of you teasing your return. It's a bit of an unfortunate tradition you got going here, and ever the cynic, I picked up on the pattern somewhere after the first one.

Still, if you have time to spare, I wouldn't mind getting to know you again. Well, hopes are cheap anyway. You'll let me know if hell freezes over, right, but in the mean time, I wish you a happy new year. I'm a bit early, but by the time you read this, I'll be a bit late instead =P

Quote Originally Posted by NoxArcana View Post
    Omg hi Welcome back to the forums! Will you still be voice acting in Castle IV?
    That's entirely up to Oscar and how he's approaching the next chapter. I've been off the radar for quite a long time now, so while I'd be flattered if I was asked to I completely understand if there was new cast in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    I figured you'd be down for longer this time. Snip.
    Fair enough, not taken the wrong way at all. I mean I pretty much dropped out entirely a few years ago and infrequently lurked at best. Quite a lot has changed for me over the past few years as well, so it almost very well could be completely new. I'll likely never be quite as active as I was back in the heyday, but the effort will be there to be around more.

First piece of re-getting to know me. As of a few years ago I actually adopted my middle name and go by James now rather than Harry. The nickname that I since got given at work is Jim Jams.
    Last edited by Calvey; December 29th, 2015 at 06:40 AM.

And so he returns. Long may he lurk!

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calvey View Post
    First piece of re-getting to know me. As of a few years ago I actually adopted my middle name and go by James now rather than Harry. The nickname that I since got given at work is Jim Jams.
    That's not even that new, doe. I had your name as James when I wrote QD back in 2009. And your character arc was about conspicuous absence during the times you were needed most, hurhurhur : 3

I have always enjoyed contributions you have made to the DQ community, though, regardless of size, duration, or consistency. So I am happy to see you, bro. Welcome back!

part two in progress
    current update: save the cat that you maimed

DQ 1337 Member

Yaay, the guy with the best voice in the world is back! <3
    The projects you are involved in sounds amazing. I hope you will have fun in those and I wish you all luck!
    Boomer's fangirl since 2006

<3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Varthonai View Post
    That's not even that new, doe. I had your name as James when I wrote QD back in 2009. And your character arc was about conspicuous absence during the times you were needed most, hurhurhur : 3
    I genuinely can't remember if this was a real thing or not, or if the wool is being pulled over my eyes. Could be either haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Yaay, the guy with the best voice in the world is back! <3
    The projects you are involved in sounds amazing. I hope you will have fun in those and I wish you all luck!
    Dash! You're still around as well? I'll send you links to some stuff you might be interested in haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    <3 <3 <3
    <3

Greetings.

No, I know what you're thinking, who is this guy? Well I'm like, a pretty big deal around here. People call me the El Que Aspira. It's a status symbol, I tell ya. Respect, that's what! I hold all the cards here.

So, Calvey, if that is your name. Your move. Just remember, its nothin personnel kid... pssshh..

Seriously, good to see an old face drop in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.

DQ 1337 Member

Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    El Que Aspira.

Oh man, you better give us more context about that nickname.

Anyway, so as not to be off topic: Welcome (back) to the forums, Calvey! I believe we've never crossed paths til now if I'm not mistaken, hope your stay here is long and prosper!!

Also, good luck with your work on the acting side, it sounds very interesting!

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

Welcome back TaCalvey!

What's your current rate on 'narrating my life while it happens?'
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You