Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Castle Marathon

Info about the streams:

We have no teamspeak room set up yet. Anybody up for that? There's a chat on the streaming site for texting and we can use webcams (but some people couldn't see those).

No accounts are required to watch and chat.

Feel free to join before the stream begins if you want to chat. The Castle III OST will be playing until the actual thing starts.

After the final episode of Castle III and before Castle Repercussions, we will have a little break to refuel our hype juices and popcorn and run to the toilet. If you want, you can stay during this break. The break will consist of the 5 minute long music video of "Ride Like the Wind" written and performed by.. oh shit, you guys know all this

I will be the moderator of this stream and can ban inappropriately behaving people and have control over playback.

The entire stream will take about 1h40min.

During the stream we can have spontaneous polls whether to extend the break, skip a trailer or so. It's our event and we'll shape it however we want to.

I really hope none of you had playback problems. If you did, I am terribly sorry. My shit internet provider can't offer a stable connection.
    I would go to an internet cafe to do this but today is saturday and there are non open within 30 minutes of where I live.
    It's so frustrating. I don't know if you guys can watch thew marathon or not.. I am disconnected and can only wonder.
    Just a few minutes ago I had a connection for mere SECONDS which I used to paste a text I wrote while waiting for the connection to come back.
    I need someone else to host the stream. You need to create a new room on this website and use the search bar to recreate the playlist of this room.
    Then turn moderation on so noone can mess with the playback or anything.
    I feel like a disappointment, can't even know what's going on. Maybe you all are watching without any worry..
    I will keep on restarting my router and watching the damn lights as I have been doing for almost an hour now. Sometimes I have a connection for a slit second.
    But that only happens every 20 or more minutes and immediately disappears. I hope you will understand. This is why I have been asking for volunteers to stream for over 2 weeks.
    I hope that Nox is there to set up a new room or that someone else will be able to figure it out.
    Again, I am so sorry. I feel awful about this. I just wanted to have a good time with friends.
    There is nothing else I can do.. The entire neighborhood has the same problem I do.
    I hope that I will be able to post this within an hour or so and really hope that you won't be mad at me.
    When I tested the connection-disconnection issue with Nox yesterday, this problem didn't occur although we tested it several times.
    I just hope you will be able to watch it. I won't.
    I can only repeat myself at this point. I feel terrible about this. I took responsibility and now I am completely out of possibilities to fulfill my self-given task.
    I don't blame you if you got mad at me, or if you still are. I shouldn't have taken this responsibility, knowing the unreliability of the infrastructure of this place.
    Now all I'm doing is refreshing the router, looking at the damn lights, waiting to be able to post this.
    Last edited by Shadowtime23; October 3rd, 2015 at 07:49 PM.

Default Planning post

Planning

All of the castle videos, without pause, take about 1h30min. (plus/minus some 10 mins)

Streams will occur on weekends. Fri-Sat (Sun?)
    They'll start in the evening and end in the night.

Saturday's streams

I will be streaming the marathon 3 times tomorrow.

First screening will be at 14:00 UTC-6 (mid-US). Second one at 16:00 and third one at 18:00.

Please figure your local times out for yourselves! Or calculate by the countdowns.

Additional streams

If there are people that can't make it to this weekend's stream or just wanna watch the marathon again, feel free to plan it in this thread. I will not be streaming after this Saturday anymore but I'll help organize another one if enough people want it.

Anybody could do the streaming as the streaming site of choice (watch2gether) allows you to simply select youtube videos and stream them.

It's really simple, just google the website and check it out, or shoot me a pm and I'll set it up with you.
    Last edited by Shadowtime23; October 3rd, 2015 at 03:20 PM. Reason: updated

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

are we just like synching these things manually or is someone going to livestream it or what
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

What kind of programs can download the episodes straight from DQ? I could help with downloading and uploading if you'd like :3

DQ 1337 Member

All this data is kind of overwhelming, and I can't access to the countdown nor the voting poll, so I assume it's closed? Just pick a date within Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then people will choose when, I think.
    Last edited by Melanism; September 10th, 2015 at 12:38 PM.

I don't suppose we can hold off for another week? Like the rebellious son of a gun I claim to be I went out and made plans for Saturday night D:

There was a poll? Didn't even get the chance to vote :[ EU time plz

i think we should use teamspeak for this yanno

I like talking over things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.

DQ 1337 Member

I read that as "I love taking over things", is that also right?

As far as I know Polo, yes.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Ah dang it... I have a test to revise for over the weekends. :<
    I'm voting to hold this off for another week. By the next weekends, it'll be into my mid-semester break.
    Feel free to visit my small part of the universe.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Dilly890

Alright dudies, when I checked this thread the last time, it had only 2 replies and I thought the thing was over. But now there are more replies, although the last one is two werks old. Wow, time passes quickly. Sorry for not organizing.

First to clear some things up:

This will be livestreamed and there will be a chatbox next to the livestream. I tested it and it works great.

We can set up a teamspeak.

Let's see about the times:

I suggest we have 2 streams per evening. With one hour of pause inbetween.
    That means that for example, if the 1st stream starts at 18:00 in your country(it will end at 19:30), the second stream will be starting at 20:30 (and end at 22:00).
    Good idea?

I'll suggest a time and we can see how that works out.

This is for the US people.

I suggest: first screening at 18:00 UTC-6 (mid-US).
    That means 17:00 for the west coast and 19:00 for the east. 18:00 if you are living in the mainland of the US.

This info should help you determine about what time the screening will start in your loocation. I just did the US because I don't think there are many latinos on this forum.

For Europe, we could have the same hours:

18:00 UTC +2 for Germany, Norway and Sweden.
    That would be 17:00 for France, Spain and the UK.
    19:00 for Finland and Turkey.

Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Do you think these times are fine? Should we add a third screening?

My computer is broken so I definitely can't re-record and/or upload the castle series. If you have a good screen recorder and know how to crop, cut and render videos and feel up to the task, let us know in this thread.

This time period works for me.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtime23 View Post
    My computer is broken so I definitely can't re-record and/or upload the castle series. If you have a good screen recorder and know how to crop, cut and render videos and feel up to the task, let us know in this thread.
    Before anything is settled you should get that done first. Can't run a Castle cinema without Castle!

I've seen loads of youtube videos of Castle, maybe it's possible to slap together a playlist and play them in fullscreen?

n00b!

there is Castle : The movie on youtube, it's the whole Castle III and Castle Repercussion smacked together.

Exactly. The entire thing already exist. The playlist thing works. The quality could be better, but that's all.
    So whatcha think about the times?
    Last edited by Shadowtime23; September 26th, 2015 at 12:15 AM.

Sure, I'm down for the times.

Yep, this works for me. Let's do this!
    It would be nice if we could get a Skype going alongside.

Just curious, I can't seem to find the actual date for this? Only the times. Which day is it? I have bad eyesight I guess.

Also, I'm thinking I should really upload all the episodes under my own Youtube channel. I could probably get the best possible quality on there. I can't shake the feeling that it's just not right having lots of other people do it, apart from myself.

A graveyard somewhere in Poland, bell doesn't work please knock

I think the times will be good for me Because Germany and Poland have the same timezone, right?
    And the date... I don't know, can be next week on weekend. I hope I won't have Physics or Chemistry test to revise for
    BLACK METAL IST KRIEG!!1!!!11oneone
    My DA, don't look .-.

Hey Osc, that'd be great if you would upload these yourself. You got the raw project files, so you probably can render them as videos with ease.

We haven't decided on a date yet, just checking which times eill work out for people. Seems that those I suggested seem acceptable, but I just want some more confirmations and/or denials as well as suggestions to improve this thing.

How about we elect some dudes to do some of the chores?

Polo could set up a teamspeak room. (Would you?)

Dilly, maybe you could start (or rather rediscover) a DQ-Skype chatroom. Although the chatbox next to the stream and teamspeak should make skype obsolete. I'll leave that up to you guys. I'm probably not gonna be using it myself.

My pc's out of the question as the repair will cost me a bit and I got other stuff to worry about first. However I just might be able to do the streams myself.

So I believe the current questions are:

Who sets up the teamspeak?
    Who sets up the skype group?
    When should we start this?

Next weekend seems reasonable. I'd be down. I'd prepare popcorn and have doritos and all that good stuff and probablz watch both streams if it's fun to chat with you guys.

Hi ShiroMausu, I don't think I've seen you here before.
    Please check your timezones by yourself! I'm not gonna do it for everyone.

Forgive my typos, phone keyboard..

Times work fine to me as long as it's weekend, I work late during weekdays.

My pc's out of the question as the repair will cost me a bit and I got other stuff to worry about first. However I just might be able to do the streams myself.
    If somebody is to stream Castle make sure they've got a decent computer AND good internet connection - preferably 100/100 mbit/sec. I don't think ADSL's gonna make it considering the crappy upload speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Also, I'm thinking I should really upload all the episodes under my own Youtube channel. I could probably get the best possible quality on there. I can't shake the feeling that it's just not right having lots of other people do it, apart from myself.
    Are those old .fla files resizeable? It's object graphics after all *1080p hype*

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyHorse View Post
    If somebody is to stream Castle make sure they've got a decent computer AND good internet connection - preferably 100/100 mbit/sec. I don't think ADSL's gonna make it considering the crappy upload speeds.
    My MSI is still brand new and apparently able to work with 5 photoshop files open, and I'll be free on the weekends, so I could volunteer for that if it's alright with everyone.

Dilly, maybe you could start (or rather rediscover) a DQ-Skype chatroom. Although the chatbox next to the stream and teamspeak should make skype obsolete. I'll leave that up to you guys. I'm probably not gonna be using it myself.
    Ah Teamspeak, of course. That will suffice for commentary recording (Skype can act as a backup). I figure the recording could be used to edit in a commentary track for the Castle videos.

Updates in the second post!!!

That's what I like to see, people trowing ideas out there and offering help.

NoxArcana, sure, any help is appreciated. I hereby crown thee the streamking

Although I don't think considerable computing power or internet speed is reauired. The site "watch2gether" lets you select youtube videos, create a playlist of them and play them from youtube. So as far as I understand, noone's streaming files from their computer and over their internet connection.

Skype as a backup sounds good. Anybody here who is unfamiliar with teamspeak, it's like skype without the camera. You don't need to create an account. As long as you have a mic, you can participate.

AND YES OSCAR PLEASE RENDER YOUR FILES AS VIDEO! I'd definitely download all of castle in 1080p (starting with Castle III).
    Last edited by Shadowtime23; September 27th, 2015 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Yes oscar! Please do it! Your community demands it!