Register

Default How was your holidays?

Hey guys,

As usual, the front page is left in a state of dust and agony. Again, thought I'd just make some post to show I'm alive and kicking

I know a lot of you have just had their summer holidays going on, so why don't you tell us about something fun/dramatic/boring you did?

Myself, spent a week in Monte Negro with my girlfriend just taking things easy. Food wasn't that good but it was sunny and the ocean was warm enough to be in for extended periods of time. Then spent the remaining weeks also mainly chilling and being awesome. On monday I'm back to work, which feels quite alright to be honest.

See you around!
    - Oscar Johansson

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Again, thought I'd just make some post to show I'm alive and kicking
    Oh look, Oscar's auto-poster is trying to convince us he's still alive. How cute.

I've been up to my ears in tiny, loud lads scampering around the place. Adorable and chaotic at the same time.
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

I've been super busy with school. Exams are a bitch. And the fuckin diploma. I won't finish it this year anyways. My situation at home is pretty much a clusterfuck right now with mother and brother hating on me again for no valid legitimate reason - mother is pissed at me because I gotta study which means I can't work around the house as much as I could, but it doesn't concern her that I have to study.

But not all is bad, since I got a side job from my oldest brother - he's running a small business and I am to design some stuff for T-shirts he's gonna sell and I'm gonna get paid. Which means a lot to me.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

I'm a level 22 Buttbuttin Killing_Time's Avatar

Busy as hell. I had a job in London until early July, so 3 days before I went home I spent time in central London with Aval and my little sister. Then I got home and spent 5 days cleaning and organizing everything for a bunch of DQers whom I hosted for nearly 2 weeks. Driving the local area thin in a rented car, sleeping in a huge tent and eating homecooked meals and drinking excellent drinks. What a good time! I'm finally recovering from that madness and have taken up swimming to maintain the shape I gained in the UK. Also a ridiculous amount of family reunions squeezed in here and there.

Now I just need to figure out what the hell I'm gonna do about my unemployed and uneducated ass.

DQ 1337 Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killing_Time View Post
    Now I just need to figure out what the hell I'm gonna do about my unemployed and uneducated ass.
    I'm not one to talk, and I figure you already know it, but stay busy, don't let procrastination get the best of you. Swimming already sounds like a plan, and I'm pretty sure you have other hobbies you could pursue while you look for a job or anything like it.

I worked like crazy until late July. During the last day I got another cold and ended up wasting my holidays on rest and medication. I'm still in lousy condition and won't get get to enjoy our short summer until next year.

I should stay the fuck away from relatives, they always bring diseases.

Busy as hell. I had a job in London until early July, so 3 days before I went home I spent time in central London with Aval and my little sister. Then I got home and spent 5 days cleaning and organizing everything for a bunch of DQers whom I hosted for nearly 2 weeks. Driving the local area thin in a rented car, sleeping in a huge tent and eating homecooked meals and drinking excellent drinks. What a good time! I'm finally recovering from that madness and have taken up swimming to maintain the shape I gained in the UK. Also a ridiculous amount of family reunions squeezed in here and there.

Hey, that sounds pretty awesome. Looks like the work paid off in the end. Good luck in finding a job in the future!

--Wait.

I spent time in central London with Aval
    O_O -_- O_O What.

Been busy over here, looking into colleges, scholarships, trying to find a job OTHER than retail. Most likely going on a college campus tour next week. Dealing with the shit my brother hurls at me. Turned 17. Pretty damn close to getting an agent, though; was asked for a partial. Who knew I had the ability to stay up until 3 AM doing nothing but editing and polishing.

I'm a level 22 Buttbuttin Killing_Time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melanism View Post
    I'm not one to talk, and I figure you already know it, but stay busy, don't let procrastination get the best of you. Swimming already sounds like a plan, and I'm pretty sure you have other hobbies you could pursue while you look for a job or anything like it.
    Of course, I have an abundance of potted plants that needs my caring attention and lots of art that needs to be done. I have been working on my portfolio for the past couple of years since the school I want to get into doesn't love me, so there's lots I'm doing to keep busy.

TOH, what did you catch? Sounds pretty crappy to be ill for so long.

Been working the past few weeks. Money's alright, so no complaints on that front.

Also, over the past few weeks I've been in the process of moving out of my folks' house. Short of it is my dad, stepmom, and stepbrother are awful people and it took me too long to realize it. Since I got set back around $900 for my fall semester at college, along with the money I've set aside to go through with a legal name change, my friends offered to let me under their wing for a while until I've got my funds back up and find a second job.
    Ain't no party

TOH, what did you catch? Sounds pretty crappy to be ill for so long.
    Just a normal cold is what doctors say every time. Problem is my body amplifies even the smallest cold into a 1-month hell. This is my third "cold" 2015...

Maintaining good hygiene, eating healthy food and working out have never helped so I guess I'm the messiah of the flu gods or something

Hello everyone, been a while! I am currently on summer vacation after my first year working towards a master's degree in Games and Toy Development (Mostly games). I have also recently started an internship at a very large video game company in Taiwan, and it is estimated to last for a year. Currently I am helping the company research new development skills for Unity.

Also if anyone doesn't know yet, I have also been a moderator at the Frictional Games forums for a couple years now. They were the folk who made Amnesia the Dark Descent and are currently getting ready to release their new game SOMA. I frequent there very often so drop by and join the community if anyone's up for it! http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/

I complained about the heat, I've been working whilst looking for a different job since its time to move on. I'm going on holiday to Ireland on Friday which I am really looking forward to! Other than that, I've been playing a lot of the Witcher 3 and chillaxing. HEH.
    If relief is what you seek, head to the children's orphanage, and take a leak.

Well I'm doing a lot better than when I started, that's for sure. My summer is almost over so I'll be attending my 3rd year of highschool in about 2 weeks. I mostly spent my entire summer doing nothing besides take a week-long trip to Colorado to spend some time in the mountains. I had been feeling a bit depressed for the past year or two and about a week ago I finally saw a doctor and began taking medication for it, I've been feeling a lot better recently. I also finally have an inhaler to help with my mysterious breathing difficulty and another appointment scheduled to find out what exactly is wrong. If things keep going this well I might actually start functioning like a normal human for once! I've also begun to dabble a little bit in game development, but I haven't decided if I really want to pursue it as a hobby yet, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how busy I'll be when schools starts back up again.

I just got back from Ireland. I had a great time. The scenery was really nice, lots of fields, mountains, an old castle and a good view of the sea. There was LOTS of walking involved. I ended up walking for 4 hours straight before resting and destroyed my legs.

The hotel I stayed in was superb. Had a nice super comfy bed with soft sheets, private bathroom with probably the best shower I have ever used, TV, tea and coffee facilities, you name it we had it. Breakfast in the morning was super yummy. Irish sausages, bacon, fruit and fried egg. Absolutely delicious. And the endless pots of tea, OH THE TEA. So British. So yeah, I had a good holiday. Spent all my money on coffee because I was tired most of the time, but I had a fantastic holiday. Would go again.
    If relief is what you seek, head to the children's orphanage, and take a leak.

Did not get much luck with holiday this year. Got two weeks off from school (studying to become....floor dresser?) due to it being closed and at the same time I work part time at a place called Inflight Service. During those two weeks I spent some time with my girlfriend, played a lot of games and worked my butt off ^^

uneventful