IV. Story Based Articles
    V. Additional Lore

I. Setting - WIP

The Manor

Back Table - WIP

II. Major Non-Player Characters - WIP

III. How Vernon See the World

The Basics:

In addition to being a (unknowingly) powerful telepath, Vernon suffers from a condition known as synesthesia. He is able to perceive sound as images of color. However, since thoughts he is able to "hear" produce their own specific frequency, different types of personalities can also trigger different perceived colors. Other ambient noises (wind, pops or cracks, creaks, etc) give off shades of blue.

Note: A character can act one way, but the color that Vernon perceives will show what their true personality type is or what it could be developed into.

Color to Personality Chart

Key:

The Duty Fulfiller: Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful life. Responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Work steadily toward goals and can accomplish any task once they set their mind to it. Individualistic.
    Example: Vernon, Moriah

The Scientist: Independent, original, cerebral, and determined. Value knowledge, competence, and structure. Exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. High standards of performance and leaders, but will will if they trust an existing leader.
    Example: Branson

The Artist: Quiet, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict. Extremely well-developed senses, and high aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Creative and original but not interested in controlling others.

The Protector: Quietly forceful yet sensitive. Extremely intuitive about the emotions of others. A high standard of self values that they strictly adhere to. Individualist, rather than leading or following.
    Example: Jim, Jerry, Joe, Joshua

The Idealist: Quiet, reflective, and loyal. Adaptable and laid back unless their values are threatened. Extremely talented writers. Mentally quick. Interested in understanding others.

The Guardian: Practical, tradition, and organized. Athletic. Not interested in abstraction or theory unless there is practical application. Like to be in charge and capable of organizing and running activities. Value security of others.

The Doer: Adaptable and action-oriented. Live in the present. Are risk-takers who live fast-paced lives. Impatient with long explanations. However, extremely loyal to peers, but not usually respectful of laws or rules. Great social skills.
    Example: Poker Face

The Thinker: Logical and creative thinkers. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Value knowledge, competence, and logic. Hard to get to know well. Individualist and hold no interest in leading or following others.

The Nurturer: Quiet, reserved, and conscientious. Is inclined to follow others. Usually puts needs of others above own. Rich inner world of observations about people and events. Extremely perceptive about feelings.
    Example: Fallon

The Performer: Fun loving and people oriented. Like to make things enjoyable. Dislike theory and analysis. Like to be the center of attention in social situations. Well developed common sense and practical ability.

The Caregiver: Warm-hearted and popular. Strong sense of duty and responsibility. Need positive reinforcement to feel good about themselves. Well-developed sense of space and function.
    Example: Mei-Lan

The Inspirer: Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Excited by new ideas but bored with details. Flexible and have a wide range of interests and abilities.
    Example: Avi

The Executive: Assertive and outspoken. Excellent ability to understand difficult organization problems and solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed. Have little patience. Natural leading ability.

The Giver: Popular and sensitive. Outstanding people skills. Externally focused and dislike being alone. Interested in serving others and probably place the needs of others over their own.
    Example: Max

The Visionary: Resourceful, resilient, and intellectually quick. Good at a wide range of things. Enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.
    Example: Moriah

The Mechanic: Quiet and interested in how things work. Excellent mechanical skills. Loyal to peers and live by a set system of values. However, not overly concerned with laws and rules. Detached and analytical, excel at finding solutions to practical problems.
    Example: Arthur

IV. Story Based Articles

V. Additional Lore

While there are quite a few people gifted with Lucidity that are among the ranks of both the Dreamers and Vivid’s Army, there are also people with Lucidity that are part of neither faction. These people chose to “draft dodge” and become part of something called a Historic Ethnic Society of the Lucidity-Gifted, of which every continent has at least one. While it is not truly rare to see someone belonging to such a society, the qualifications for becoming a member of a Society are both strict and convoluted, with the only sure-fire way of being a member to already live (or otherwise be accustomed too) the cultural aspects and lifestyle of said society, whilst being a person with Lucid abilities. As I’m not going to make any of you pass a law exam to understand this, the general gist of the qualifications for joining a society are as follows:

) New initiates must be claimed by three people of the Society, one of which must be highly regarded as a leader within said society (being born in a settlement in the official territory of the Society in question drops it to two, being born to parents also gifted with Lucidity drops it to one)

) New initiates must be able to comply with the customs and societal norms of the Society they are trying to join. (This is technically true of the people born in the turf of the Societies as well, but is generally overlooked for pre-residents due to already having lived the lifestyle)

) New initiates, pre-resident or not, must be able to provide proof of relation to the Historic-Ethnic group they wish to join. (This could either be as simple as a birth certificate or as complex as an expansive family tree proving you are 1/128th related to the Ethnic group in question. Some groups are relatively accepting of not-blood ties to the ethnic group (marriage/adoption/conversion), while others are stricter about the relation being genetic.)

The Historic Ethnic Societies of the Lucidity-Gifted (HESLG):
    British Isles Pagan Charter
    Germanic Residential Index of the Mesmeric (GRIM)
    Society of the Night-Walkers (Scandinavian Peninsula)
    The Yagas** (Mainland Scandinavian/Russian)
    Order of the Kitsune (Shinto)
    Order of the Wheel (Buddhist)
    Society of the River Ganges
    The Family of the Dream Time
    The Native Angrish/Canadian Congregation
    Society of Mayan Visionaries
    The Incan Kingdom of the South American Lucid

*Each HESLG is broken up into smaller chapters for ease of management. Some societies only have a few chapters, while others easily have a few dozen. The record for most chapters in a single city goes to New Orleans, U.S.A, with 9 different Chapters (including offshoot chapters for “less indigenous” Societies)

*The majority of the African Tribes are registered as individual HESLG’s

*The Christian, Jewish, and Islamic faiths have no HESLG’s, though they do not turn away the Lucidity-Gifted individuals that choose to participate in their religions (i.e., there is no Christian-Lucid Youth-Group). Many of the people that first recognized their Lucid abilities viewed themselves as “the second coming of Christ” (or their respective religion’s equivalent), and there was a time where all of the Lucidity-Gifted were expelled from the Judeo-Christian-Islamic religion set. As the Dreamers keep a tight management over the HESLG’s and their own members, however, the major religions of the world have started opening their doors to those with Lucidity.

*All the Societies are affiliated with the Dreamers, and each Lucidity-Gifted goes through Dreamer training. If a Dreamer is deemed too powerful, they receive heavy suggestion (borderline coercion) to become a Dreamer, both from the council and the society they want to join.

*Being born on a settlement does not guarantee a Lucidity-Gifted joining a society, though the rules for them getting in are a bit more lenient. Some people actively opt out of joining the Societies for a varying array of personal reasons.

** If a person is not either a Dreamer or a member of a HESLG, they are considered rouge and treated as a potential ally to Vivid and his Army. As such, many smaller (currently unnamed) “HESLG’s” are not actually registered with the Dreamers, and are considered small terrorist organizations/gangs until they can negotiate and agree to partner with the Dreamers. Up until very recently, The Yagas were not registered, and were thus viewed as an organized crime ring.
    Last edited by Avver; August 14th, 2015 at 09:00 PM.
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

Oh man, this is super useful, thanks Avver.

I think Larissa is in Room 8?

part two in progress
    current update: save the cat that you maimed

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

daaaaaaaaaaaang I love you for this

except the myers-briggs stuff

myers-briggs is the devil

edit: I missed that this was in-character. I'll let you live. For now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

Double edit: I just realized that while in-character the nature of the device implies an essentialist reading of myers-briggs to apply cross-universe so no I'm coming for you avver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey guys! New info up in the OP, if any of y'all are interested. You will find the new section at the bottom of the first post.

Bumperino