Register
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucidity

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

Arthur watched as the ultimatum was put to the group. The woman who Arthur thought had introduced herself as something beginning with 'F' earlier spoke up. "I'm in if you guys are in?" She said, bringing the crushing realisation that Arthur would have to make yet another, far more serious decision twice in the same few minutes. His mind was cast back to every sport he had every played. He was far too nervous to volunteer first, but he also knew all too well the terrible fate that waits for any who leave themselves for last. He was afraid, but he knew that if he didn't speak up now, he'd either be forgotten or have all eyes on him as the final Dreamer hunched over in the corner.

He couldn't let that happen.

Cradling his slowly retracting goopy arm, Arthur stepped away from the comfort of the wall. He tried to ignore the blood draining from his face and the way his legs were starting to feel a bit wobbly in ways that only a man made of goo can experience. Time slowed as he practiced what he was going to say over and over in his head until it was perfect. He knew what to do. He knew what to say. This was his chance to show everyone that he wasn't just some lonely guy groaning under his breath in the corner. He could be just like them. This was it. He lifted his head and spoke!

"yeah..." he practically whispered.

What have I done?

Vernon had been sold on the idea of joining the "squad" after Moriah told the group that each individual would be able to further develop their skills. Perhaps he would be able to tame the amount of sound that he was constantly bombarded with on a daily basis. Hell, besides reading thoughts maybe he could access deeper portions of a persons mind if he could just get rid of all of that excess noise fogging everything over. With the amount of people in the room, he was barely able to hear boy in the corner of the room faintly whimper a "yeah...".

He scratched his chin and scanned the room once more. It intrigued him. The obviously anxious boy facing the wall hadn't said but three words the entire time the group had been in the room, and yet his mind was one of the loudest in the entire room. So much though and over-analyzation for someone who was so quiet. Vernon cleared his throat before saying, "Well, if the kid is eager to join the group, then so am I."
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.

"What are waiting for, lets get this show on the road!"

Dre pronounced before Jolting out of his chair and donning his cap once more. As excited by this prospect as he was, the sooner he reached a place with running water and soap with the sooner he could rinse off the rodent print.

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

"Yeah, okay," said Larissa. "What's the worst that can happen?"

Ahahahaha.

part two in progress
    current update: save the cat that you maimed

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

"I'm not going to commit until I've seen what we're getting into, but Mox and I will tag along."
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

Holy fucking shit I'm going to be trained by basically the closest thing to a real life Batman.

Jules jumped out of her chair. "Anything I can do to be of assistance?"
    Creator of overly complex costume backstories.

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

Alex was something quite close to surprised by Moriah's entrance and figured that was as good an excuse as any to get rid of his hobo beard. Allowing the various loud and strange people to draw attention he faded back into the background and quietly reduced his facial hair to sand.

Then, rubbing his face and winking at his background companion in Arthur, he stepped forth smiling gently and rubbing his hands together.

"I don't know about you guys but Interesting and Exciting are my middle names."
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

Moriah smirked a bit. Them showing that they would volunteer themselves was good; it would make the next coming months much easier on all of them. "Alright, since everyone is so eager to get this done, then let's get 'er done! All I need you to do is stay still, and know that, no matter what happens, it is supposed to be happening, and that you will be fine."

Moriah then stooped her head, looking as if she was concentrating hard to remember something.

(Make a roll for VS. Environment)

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

[Roll(1d10)+0:
    2,+0
    Total:2

:C ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

[Dwayne rolls a 4]
    [Dwayne cries inside]

[Mainstream 7]

After a few seconds of Moriah meditating, everyone could feel the world around them start to change. Suddenly, you were as light as a feather, floating around in a slurry of colors that you seem to recall from the world outside of the cramped little room you were all just in. It was intimidating; otherworldly, even- but exiting, all the same. That is, until everything blacked out for a split second.

But it wasn't long before there was a perceivable environment in front of you again. Now, you were on top of a flat bed of grass-heavy, gray rock. In front of you was Moriah, with her back turned to a huge, almost manor-esque building, which was in front of what looked to be a taller mesa of the gray stone that was underneath your feet. The house was a good hundred or so meters away, and the air was crisp and clean.

"Alright, there we go," Moriah said as she opened her eyes, looking at the squad to make sure they had all made in as many pieces as they had started. "Congrats, guys and gals; you just went through your first teleport."

"Doesn't get more ostentatious than the Dreamers," Goose commented. "So we're, what, investigating some grisly crime committed here by a power-mad nutjob? Collecting skulls from some puffed up Duke of Imaginaryville?"

This was going to be easy.

Aww hell, they didn't let me fetch my dog.

Lace felt gravity die beneath her, and her shoulders relax. She could finally breath deeply again, but decided not to let this show. She glanced up at the sky, which looked like a massive bowl of air.

Teleporting? I'm just glad to be out of that room.

Max unfolded his arms and took a moment to examine his surroundings. He really picked the worst time to zone out.

"Niiiiice, my uncle owns a place just like this... hang on a second, are we in North Dakota?"

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

[can't believe I made both rolls for this info so early]

Larissa's eyes darted to the subtle movement as Lace's shoulders untensed. You were really having a rough time in that room, weren't you? And not just 'cuz of the bland interior design either, I'd wager.

Notes for another time, I guess.

"Can't be North Dakota," said Larissa. "There ain't even one shitty roadside church with a cheesy neon cross visible between here and the horizon."
    Last edited by Varthonai; January 2nd, 2015 at 07:01 PM.

part two in progress

Moriah put her hands on her hips, and then gestured with her thumb at the building behind her. "This? This is a global secret, kiddos. You're on top of a mountain known as the 'Back Table'; that other big piece of rock in front of you is known as 'Table Mountain' by the locals, both of which are located in South Africa. You, however, can just call it 'home'." Moriah turned towards the place and started walking. "As it stands, it'll take us an hour or so to actually show you around, so let's get a move-on."
    Last edited by ASaluteToYou; January 3rd, 2015 at 03:33 AM.

"How high a level do you have to be to teleport so many people? Or even teleport at all?" Fallon asked in amazement.

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

I'm not sure I like teleporting.

Arthur looked around with an feeling of amazement hidden behind the face of a very worried man who looked like he was about to vomit. The amazement was quickly replaced by a more standard Smedley response. Was it legal for Ms. Stockton to teleport everyone here without telling them the destination? What if something happened to her during training? How would everyone get back? If she was displeased with Arthur during training, would she teleport him to the top of some other mountain as punishment?

All of this seemed very likely. So he promptly followed her towards the house at a safe distance, hands in pockets, head down. The way man was meant to walk.

Goose scratched the back of his head. "Oops," he said, finally comprehending that this was, in fact, their own home.

"Just so you know, my dog's still back in my dorm at the school. Can you like... un-teleport me for a moment? Or would that be too easy for the Dreamers to allow?"

Hmmph, I guess all mountain tops feel the same. Either that of being cooped up in that basement for an hour has messed me up the point where even the Arabian desert would feel cool in comparison. Glad to know I won't have much trouble keeping this tan up anyway.

"Just so you know, my dog's still back in my dorm at the school," said the bespectacled giant with the five o'clock shadow, 'Dwayne'. "Can you like... un-teleport me for a moment? Or would that be too easy for the Dreamers to allow?"

"I'm pretty sure they got dogs in South Africa, too," said Larissa. "Ride into Cape Town tomorrow, find a pet shop, problem solved."

part two in progress

"Aight, I'll grab you a new rat while I'm there," Goose answered. A thought occurred to him.

"You sure know a lot about the world for someone who seems to hate it so much."

"Enough," Moriah said to her bickering disciples. "Goose, don't worry about your dog. It will make its way down here by the end of the day, I promise you."

As she said this, the group had made its way to what looked to be the gate surrounding the property, which was already open. Moriah turned back to the group and gestured in. "Well, I guess this is as good a moment as any to formally welcome you all to your knew life."

As the images of the room started to swirl into obscurity the chaotic strings of noise that filled the air started to dissipate. Suddenly everything became dark, and for once silent, before new scenery began to materialize around everyone. Vernon closed his eyes as things began to settle and once again he started to hear faint noise coming from the others who were just teleported. For a change though the thoughts of everyone radiated outward and spread throughout the outdoor space. He let his eyes focus before looking around the green but rocky area and toward the manor-like building in front of the group.

"This? This is a global secret, kiddos. You're on top of a mountain known as the 'Back Table'; that other big piece of rock in front of you is known as 'Table Mountain' by the locals, both of which are located in South Africa" Moriah continued as they began to move toward the large, intricately detailed building.

For Vernon, despite the foreign surroundings, it still hadn't dawned on him that he, and his new group of acquaintances had been taken under Moriah's wing. I wonder if I'll finally be able to think clearly here.

Moriah turned back to the group and gestured in. "Well, I guess this is as good a moment as any to formally welcome you all to your knew life."

The gate began to open and without thinking Vernon stepped ahead of the slow moving crowd and went ahead.
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.