Register
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucidity

Fallon flinched. Her eyes were now glued to the floor as she squeaked, "I'm Fallon. And no sir, no advil"

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

Larissa took her mouth off of her drink to smirk. "Perky goth with the braids that won't quit, questioning my behavior? Doesn't matter what I'm tryna do, you're obviously scared either way. And you should be. They always take the insecure ones first, their Dreamer powers are easier to negate."

"Don't waste your breath, girl," said a previously-quiet fellow, a brown-haired guy whose head nearly reached the level of Larissa's shoulders even while seated. Glancing around, Larissa noted a disproportionate number of giants among the crowd; the gullible girl who'd started harassing the guards at Larissa's provocation was particularly huge, maybe six feet tall. Dumb self-consciousness plus Dreamer powers, she speculated. Guess it'll do that to people.

"Name is Vernon by the way," the brown-haired guy continued. "Anyone have some Advil?"

"Does it need to be adulterant-free?" Larissa asked. "I mean, I'd just give you some and say 'knock yourself out', but y'know, then it could end up being literal. The name's Larissa, though. I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you folks, but then, I haven't really known any a you long enough to say that with certainty."
    Last edited by Varthonai; September 3rd, 2015 at 07:27 PM.

part two in progress
    current update: save the cat that you maimed

Lace shut her eyes and tried to block out the sensation of walls closing in. She'd been in worse situations than this, and her powers had waned to the point of nonexistence due to her weakness. She just needed to hold it inside until she could get out.

She would settle for anything than letting someone know her powers' weakness. It's what kept her alive. That, and her addiction to fear.

For now, she just needed to distract herself, and maybe that could mentally block out the enclosing sensation.

"The name's Lace," She drummed her fingers against her knee. "Lace Riley."
    Last edited by NoxArcana; December 28th, 2014 at 11:41 PM.

"Does it need to be adulterant-free?" Larissa asked. He stopped listening there. It was curious, even though the room was erupting with noise coming from the nervous and confused students' thoughts, there was complete silence with Larissa. All you are is talk, Vernon smirked and looked toward the table in front of him, "How cute."
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.

Well, this is a hell of a thing I've gotten wound up in. Right now I could- no, should be chucking back martinis in the Del Franze Lounge with Matilda X0 and Enrico Castro, but instead I'm stuck in a stuffy, drab, Tv-less cell with the dropouts. I, Maximus Dre was at the top of the class, it's impossible that I failed the finals so spectacularly as to end up with this dreary rabble.

Max snapped out of his internal struggle just in time to hear the guards mention something along the lines of employment. It all made sense now, the corporate looking room, the guards, all this hush hush nonsense. He was in the big leagues.

Max sat up from his chair and paced the circle, examining each individual in the room. He concluded that he'd have to carry the team in the looks department. He went so far as to cast an masking illusion on the obese one, such a sight was only going to throw him off. Max hoped that the kid would be appreciative of his alterations and maybe take notes.

He went to seat himself next to the least visually offensive member of the group, the comic book girl.

"Names Dre, Maximus Dre. Perhaps you've heard of me?"

Max removed his stylish cap and shades before making an elaborate display of sitting down on the cheap plastic excuse for a chair. He ran a hand through his auburn hair and made sure the girl saw gold speckles brush loose.

"Is it hot in here or what?"
    Last edited by Mattbot; December 28th, 2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: general buffing

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

Alex grinned. "I'm sure the hot is just you, Max."

He gave a quick survey of the room before settling on the nervous looking, but spontaneously less obese guy in the heavy metal gear.

"Haven't heard yours yet, buddy?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

“It’s a little hot I guess,” Jules answered the guy who sat down next to her. “You’ve heard of Deadpool right? Are you more into Marvel or DC or maybe one of the smaller labels?”

She was determined to find someone to talk to while they waited.
    Creator of overly complex costume backstories.

I've made a terrible mistake.

"Err, yeah. He's that super sniper, right? I'm more of a Daredevil fan, red leather is in this season."

It's probably too late to move next to that Alex guy, he seems on the level.

Having found his excuse to remove his jacket, he let it drape down his sides and flexed the near exposed muscles beneath.

"speaking of, what do you think of this vest? I had it tailored to best exhibit my abs. It's made from 100% cashmere silk, have a feel!"

“Uhhh… no thanks,” Jules said. She was about to start talking about Daredevil when a thought occurred to her. “Hang on isn’t cashmere a type of wool? And isn’t silk spun by silkworms? How can something be both?”

"If you would take a moment to feel the fabric you would find that this is no ordinary woolen shirt, this particular weave of wool surpasses the smoothness of enough silks to be considered one itself."

There may be hope for this one yet.

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

Larissa looked up from her drink at that, and began taking measured strides toward Dre and Jules' position. "I'd take you up on that offer, 'Max', if what's-her-various-faces isn't up to the task."

part two in progress

“So it is wool,” Jules said. She touched the vest at his shoulder. “It’s not really silky though is it, I mean it’s soft but I don’t get why they’d call it silk when it’s not spun by silkworms. I bet I can beat it for silkyness.”

Jules raised a hand to her hair and concentrated for a moment. Her perfect curls drooped slightly.

“Touch my hair.”

Max begrudgingly moved a hand through Jules hair, he wasn't usually one to turn down a woman although she was making him uncomfortably nervous.

"such majesty, how can this be. You must share your secret with me!"

What I would give for such perfect hair.

In desperate need to recover from such a mighty blow, Max welcomed the frail womans touch. What could go wrong.

"By all means, you are all more than welcome to experience this woven ecstasy!"

Larissa snaked around the back of Max's chair and gleefully felt him up from behind. "Damn, Max, you give it up pretty easy," she chuckled. "Even for a dude."

A small lump travelled down the length of Larissa's bathrobe sleeve and emerged from the wrist, a scraggly ball of brown fur that scurried across Max's torso for a second before Larissa seized it back. "Whoa, hey, simmer down there Colocolo," said Larissa, putting the creature back up onto her shoulder. "Sorry about that, Max. Colocolo's a shameless donut puncher. Sees a dude givin' it up, rat or human or other, he's like a lovesick puppy on an ironic bunny slipper."

part two in progress

Jules was going to ask about the rodent she'd barely caught a glimpse of when a phrase confused her.

"'Donut puncher'?" Jules asked.

"Yeah. Ring raider. Marmite miner. Crafty butcher. Fudge packer," Larissa elaborated helpfully. "What I'm saying is he's a dude rat who fucks other dude rats."

part two in progress

"Oh." Jules banished the icky images her euphamisms had brought to mind. "How old is he?"

"Dead pools and strangers' pet rat ages," said Larissa. "You got an eclectic blend of interests there, what's-your-various-faces. You gonna join in the name game or do I gotta keep callin' you by a seven syllable nickname?"

part two in progress

"Oh, sorry about that. I'm Jules."

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

Dwayne looked around.

"Sorry, did I seriously zone out for that long? Heh."

On closer inspection things seemed... entertaining at best, painfully awkward at worst. It occurred to him that he'd be better off zoning back out than joining the ranks of what seemed, judging from their actions, to be a collection of hormonal fourteen-year-olds.

Bacteria, viruses and even various fungal spores filled the room like a cloud. When did they last clean this place? He wondered to himself. It was nothing to be too scared of but enough to make him feel dirty.

"Hey, uh, rat lady. Coca-cola or whatever his name is has lept- errr... Your rat has field fever. He's doing fine against it, but I'd be careful 'cause that disease is a bit of a pain in the ass when you catch it."

Dull eyes set in cold-sweating pale skin darted from person to person. The hippie was a complete dead-zone for microbial visits. Keep your distance from that one.

What are the odds that someone isn't listening to me thinking right now?

"I'd help your rat kill the disease quicker but you're kind of a dick."
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

"You don't like me, so you're taking it out my innocent gay rat?" said Larissa. "Sounds like homophobia to me."

part two in progress

"Yeah, I'm the worst. Just yesterday I ate the last bagel in my dorm and didn't buy more. Practically no conscience. Besides, the strain is too weak to really affect him. You'd already know if he had something really bad."

As the banter in the room continued, one of the guards- the one that had mentioned the rumor- slowly looked over at the guard who seemed to be their ring leader with a concerned expression. "Wait, what direction does the door open?"

"Towards you," The higher up replied.

"Uh, can I move, then? I-"

The head guard didn't let his underling finish- he didn't need to. "Of course. Move two and a half steps to your right."

With small sighs of relief, the two guards posted on other side of the door moved to their right, away from the door. "So, then, you heard it, too?"

"Of course I did."

"Hoping someone gets back before you all collapse into sloppy makeouts. Mox will get hungry if I don't show up 'til New Year's," Dwayne murmured, looking around.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. Apparently we're doing that. My name's Dwayne, but everyone calls me Goose ever since... ah, that's a dumb story."

Fallon glanced over at so called Goose.Okay, so the people in the room are Jules, Max, Vernon, Larissa, Goose, some girl, some guy, and some guards. Goose and Fallon made a moment of eye contact before Fallon looked across the room. Eye contact is bad. Just remember that you don't look unless looked at. Wait no, you aren't born victim anymore. Now you are a dreamer. Be brave. She looked over to the guards before saying: "What? What are you talking about." She glanced down and then she raising her face with a defiant jut of her chin. "We want more information."
    Last edited by FayeFox; December 29th, 2014 at 03:07 AM.