Register

Thread: Search bug

Default Search bug

So recently I tried to search the forums using that search bar and I got this message:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 0

It appeared when I tried to search for "killing spree", then I searched for "castle" and the search worked normally. This seemed weird to me, so I made a little test. Words like "time", "spree", "boredom" (just some random words that came across my mind) gave me this result, while searching for "castle", "news" and "drunkcat" did not.
    Now I just wonder, what is this? Is this a bug? Or is it something way more sinister? Is it DrunkCat's shenanigans again? Are we all being played without us knowing it? Will we soon fall under an iron gripped rule of the hidden mastermind? Who is behind all of this? Conspiracy? Or a mere programming mistake?
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    Is it DrunkCat's shenanigans again?
    I for one am offended.

Though if I had to guess, there are words being found in which the forum itself does not have the access to display. Either they're saved in the DB but the actual pages are missing or some other shenanigans.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

I have no problem searching for "Killing spree". I do see the error message flash up briefly on a white screen but it disappears almost instantly and the search goes through without problem. Same thing goes for "boredom", "time" and "killing" as individual key words. Try removing cache and cookies and see if the problem isn't related to your browser.

Alternatively, searching "Killing Spree site:deletionquality.net" in Google will work just as well for trying to find related threads and posts. In fact, using the site operator on Google might be better if you just want to find an old thread or post because google searches includes more results.

Try and see if it works for you now - after cleaning your browser. Otherwise I'll give Oscar a nudge.

As shit "Killing spree" was, at least it had the courtesy to actually finish itself...

*coughjoezombiecough*

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    I for one am offended.
    I'm sorry dude, I didn't mean it seriously. I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    Try and see if it works for you now - after cleaning your browser. Otherwise I'll give Oscar a nudge.
    I clean my browser, cookies etc every few days.

Well, it looks like I can search for things as long as I am signed in. If I sign out of my account, every single search ends up in the same error messages you are receiving and stops there (even crashed my monitor display drivers at one point). It's strange that some search keywords seem to work for you while they do not for me, but maybe it works differently for gusts, members and staff members since I can search just fine while signed in.

It definitely seems to be a problem though, so I'll see if I can catch Oscar as get him to take a look. In the meantime, use google to search for things.

Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I did a quick fix that should have solved the issue.

Fixed on my end.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

Oh and that the display drivers were affected would just be pure randomness, Vic I would bet my balls on that but then again, I sometimes remind myself that I never do that for anything. And the guests must fill the keyCaptcha thing, that's why it was different.

May Oscar be praised, the bug is gone. I thank thee, good Lord, for my night has ended.
    In all seriousness, good job, man ^^

*feels like a god*