Register
    I'm a level 22 Buttbuttin Killing_Time's Avatar

Default UPDATED - I usually don't brag, but this is my best art to date. (Mild Nudity?)

I've been reading Hyperion lately (The Omnibus) and it has really been an inspiring experience.

I really enjoyed working in this style and I finally feel like I'm reclaiming the canvas!

I won't be here to see all of your comments and critiques before the weekend but I hope you guys will enjoy this as much as I enjoyed spending my afternoons and evenings for the past week. Many thanks to Aval for feedback, ideas and suggestions.
    Last edited by Killing_Time; August 1st, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

Faaaaaaaabulouuuss. It's been a joy seeing it develop from my end too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

Spoiler for my reaction:

This is just beyond amazing!

It is a quite interesting color pallet you have used for the girl's skin. I like it, but it gives me a sense of unease. Was that deliberate?
    “Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up” – Pablo Picasso

hehehehehehe....she's naked.

Yes Cody. Yes she is.

I like it (the painting, that is). The shading is lovely all around. The hair is particularly pleasing and looks very soft and clean :3

The water/liquid could've stood to profit by some extra highlights, just to get the general idea of what she's submerged in and its consistency. It would've also made her pose make sense, as waves could reveal recent movement of her hands, for instance, that feels like they should be submerged otherwise.

It's great to see you drawing/painting again. Don't stop

Quote Originally Posted by codbarley View Post
    Sigh

I also feel compelled to give my two cents, other than just my still massive praise for this. I'm no artist by any stretch, so I hope you don't mind my using layman's terms.

Basically I'm finding the floor the tank's resting on to be a bit distracting, just due to the brickwork. While the woman and her tank are still the obvious centerpieces and eyecatchers, all the brick just really sits nagging in my peripheral.

By that same token, I know a blank background would be really dull, and the brick serving as a distraction is most definitely not true for everyone.

Edit: I also need to mention that the lighting and shadows are simply fantastic.

I really like this piece as a whole! My favorite part is the massive attention to detail on her features. What stands out for me most are the features on her feet. Seeing them so detailed just is so awesome.

Also are the glowy effects. I love how the whole image feels like it has a subtle glow to it.

I do have some complaints about the drawing though, mainly at the water. To me it looks too "flat, and still" to be water if that makes sense. The looks like a stretched surface of plastic foil that she has her body parts sticking out of. It's too smooth. I feel that it should have some ripples, some other form of defined shading, and/or lighting glows.

Again, dem feet.

My guess is that the unnaturality of the pose can be explained by rigor mortis.
    *glares antagonizingly, then runs away to medicate panic attack*

I told you on Skype last night and I will say it again: this is incredible. I really dig the style, those colors, lightning, shades...
    I will only complain about the water. It doesn't give much of a feeling it's actually there. I think adding some waves or lightning on the surface would give much better impression.
    Well pretty much what Kreekakon said.

Her face gives me the creeps. Eyes, man. Those eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by codbarley View Post
    ._.
    Last edited by Zumiyon; July 23rd, 2013 at 09:49 AM.
    In some cultures refusal of lady's invitation to play game with her would be sign of homosexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammor View Post
    My guess is that the unnaturality of the pose can be explained by rigor mortis.
    She's not dead.

I'm a level 22 Buttbuttin Killing_Time's Avatar

Thank you so much for your feedback everyone! I'd like to present to you an edited and far better version. I am really happy with how this has turned out and I think i can finally call it done.

Last edited by Killing_Time; August 1st, 2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Caught some cropping issues

Quote Originally Posted by Killing_Time View Post
    Thank you so much for your feedback everyone! I'd like to present to you an edited and far better version. I am really happy with how this has turned out and I think i can finally call it done.

[IMG]
    This looks great KT, I compared it with the previous version and you've sure added many things to make it more life like. Especially the water and lightning.