Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I agree with Waddles. Before long this Resheph is gonna have us chopping our genitals as a sign of devotion, and giving us two millennia of suffering for the slightest mistake.

>First Villager explore the surrounding forest for old, well-seasoned trees to ensure a good supply of quality wood. Or, forage for hemp/moss to make rope. Second Guy, head back to the village to speak with the village elders about Datsin and what she offers to those who worship her. Third Guy, take available resources to improve upon existing infrastructure, if possible. If not, forage for either a second pig or wild fruits/cereals that can be transplanted and cultivated.

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

> First Villager, give yourself and your two companions proper names. Society works better when you can refer to each other unambiguously.

> Second Villager, build a shrine to Resheph without consulting your companions. Be prepared to defend your actions with your newfound diplomatic skills.

You guys could be underestimating Resheph here. Sure we already own this small patch of land, but he is offering to guarantee its continued ownership by our civilization indefinitely. More importantly, though, if he can make this offer to us and we refuse, who is to say he won't later offer it to one of our rivals?

I'm not saying Resheph is for sure the way to go yet, but deity sponsorship is not something we want to be caught without in an emergency. If Datsin can make us a better offer then I say go for it. Do you think it's possible that we can get a loophole in Resheph's contract by building a multicultural society in which we have multiple deities' sponsorship but Resheph-worshippers are the majority and worship him exclusively as he demanded, thus making him still obliged to protect the civilization of which they are the greatest part?

part two in progress
    current update: save the cat that you maimed

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

!!Discussion and Naming are free actions and can be taken between turns at any time.

*You name your 3 Villagers

*Karrus

*Leader
    *Level 1 Woodcutter: produces Wood in all woodcutting he oversees [1 experience point from level 2]

*Nathia

*Level 1 Diplomat: gleans more information in diplomatic exchanges [2 experience points from level 2]

*Forn

*Resheph-Touched

!!Names can be changed and names for new Villagers suggested by players at any time.

*After talking with Forn and Karrus, Nathia concludes that the experience with Resheph and hallucinatory effects of Acrid-Smelling Fungus in general are probably no more real than the content of dreams and does not mention the strange unease he now feels when he looks to the forest as the sun sets behind it.

*Nathia gains +1 Reasoning Experience and can now earn Science by observing Anomolous Phenomena.

!!Players hold ultimate executive control over the actions of all Villagers unless Civil Unrest occurs and are not bound by the opinions of the tribe.

!!Travel, Construction and Gathering all require Action Points

!!I'll wait for further consensus before passing the turn, feel free to engage in strategy and meta discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

Perhaps we should start with simple research into the various gods of this land then? I like Jedi's suggestion of having Nathia travel to the fishing village to hear the word of Datsin. While I'm not entirely opposed to the possibility of worshiping Rasheph, the idea does strike me as setting off on a long journey and choosing to stop at the first inn on a long road. An inn that appeared to you because of some funny smelling mushrooms, and one that has a customer contract that says you can't sleep anywhere else ever again.

Maybe Nathia, while investigating Datsin, can feign being an ignorant barbarian and claim a wandering scavenger mentioned the word Resheph. He can act super worried and ask how our village should respond to the idea of other gods. What do y'all think?
    Last edited by Wadling; March 15th, 2015 at 01:30 PM.

How duplicitous. I love it.

However, given that Forn at least is a worshipper of Rasheph, I think it would be wise to further consult him about what the faith of Rasheph entails beyond being a covenant, monotheistic theology.
    Last edited by Jedi-L; March 15th, 2015 at 12:50 PM.

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

Fair enough, that sounds reasonable. It sounds like that'd count as a free action, so Nathia can get on that before heading off to the fishing village too.

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

> Nathia: Take Karrus for safety and go into the forest in search of Anomalous Phenomenae. Ambassadoring can wait, there is Science to be discovered!

part two in progress

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

I'm with the Warrenator on this one.

Nathia: > Explore the forest. You may find or learn something which would have otherwise been quite costly in a trade.
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

!!Equal number of requests for two different non-probibitive courses of action, the first posted will be the first executed as per rule 7

-Karrus harvests +10 Rope from surrounding hemp plants

-Nathia returns to the Prosperous Fishing Village and inquires about the cult of Datsin. The inhabitants are happy to give information.

*Datsin may be worshiped alongside other Gods as part of a Pantheon

*Worshiping Datsin grants buffs to Fishing and Irrigation

*Datsin does not require an entire Village to worship her but community-wide buffs are doubled if the whole community worships.

*Datsin prohibits the consumption of Mammal and Poulty meat among her worshipers

*Datsin receives Tribute at the river or at a Shrine

-The Prosperous Fishing Village elders offer plans on the construction of a Chapel of Datsin for free to help civilize your barbarous and savage community.

!!Construction of a Chapel requires 15 Wood. It is a Sacred structure.

-The Prosperous Fishing Village elders offer plans on the construction of a Shrine of Datsin for free to help civilize your barbarous and savage community.

!!Construction of a Shrine requires 5 Stone. It is a Sacred structure.

-Nathia enquires about Resheph without letting onto Forn's vision. The elders say they have no knowledge of any Resheph and that Nathia should probably leave.

-A mile down the road the village vagrant confronts him and explains further.

*This world is Carrion to be purified by Rot.

-Forn resists the temptation to build a shrine to Resheph just yet, and constructs a further square of Farmland [-2 Wood]

*You now have 4 rows of Corn and 4 rows of Maize

*You are now once again producing surplus Food

!!Insufficient Living Space for further population growth

!!Surplus Food not consumed may go off if not appropriately Stored

Quote Originally Posted by Varthonai View Post
    > Nathia: Take Karrus for safety and go into the forest in search of Anomalous Phenomenae. Ambassadoring can wait, there is Science to be discovered!
    !!Two actions are already queued; one more action point may be spent before the next turn is passed.
    Last edited by Aval; March 25th, 2015 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

Some form of granary may be in order, lest we live no better than the swine we keep.

Quote Originally Posted by A crazy bum View Post

*This world is Carrion to be purified by Rot.
    Sounds legit.

>Begin work on a storeroom, so that a supply of food and goods may be kept safe from the elements and/or vengeful gods.

So for n number of villagers, we only get a flat 100% increase in the effectiveness of Datsin's bonus at the cost of an n*100% increase in her worshippers? Even with a village of only three people that's some pretty shitty scaling. If all the deities work like this then a multicultural community is definitely the way to go. We should aim for as many religions as we have villagers, at the very least.

> Nathia: Practice informal worship of Datsin. Don't let this detract from your generally skeptical approach to the world and your newfound Reasoning skills doe. Think along the lines of Dana Scully's Catholicism.

We can add Forn as a worshipper of Resheph once we work out whether or not that's a safe thing to do. Well, maybe "safe" is the wrong word. Obviously it's not gonna be safe, but I wanna get enough info to run an objective risk/benefit analysis here. Offering up a few of our newborn infants in exchange for horrifying eldritch powers could be interesting if the horrifying eldritch powers can give us better bonuses than Datsin's.

EDIT Datsin says no poultry. What about waterfowl doe? No love for delicious ducks? Are the avifauna of the rivers not also her children?

DOUBLE EDIT In other words, would Datsin, upon seeing one of her followers indulging in some tasty glazed roast duck breast, proclaim "Dat's a sin?"
    Last edited by Varthonai; March 26th, 2015 at 08:04 AM.

part two in progress

Can one of the villagers explore/scout for other villages? Also, definitely let the other village build you a shrine. It may foster a more lasting peace and/or cooperation.