Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

> chop down those other 2 trees

my reasoning is that with your new experience, you'll be able to obtain greater quality wood which will help in the expansion of the village
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

!!Poor-Quality Wood cannot be used in Sacred or Large structures. It also produces structures with fewer Hit-Points.

!!You Yeilded 20 units of Poor-Quality Wood. 5 of which were spent on the Perimeter Fence, and a further 2 on Farmland. You currently have 13 units of Poor-Quality Wood..

!!The region is a Humid Continental Climate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

* Approximately how much is one 'unit' ?

!!A Small Cottage can be completed with 10 units

!!Also don't feel like you need to wait for me to mention existing mechanics for you to use. If you guys come up with a cool idea I hadn't thought of I'll try to figure out the best way to actuate it.

For example you could probably get away with building a Sacred structure out of Poor-Quality Wood if it was a shrine to the Poor-Quality Wood God, but I'm pretty certain any buffs it would provide wouldn't be desirable.

Get creative.
    Last edited by Aval; July 8th, 2013 at 06:14 PM.

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

Oh I've got a few ideas, but for now...

>Build dat small cottage

> Use some of your crappy wood to create some throwing spears specifically designed to snap off in the target's body, increasing blood loss. Alternatively, if you're feeling less blood thirsty, use the crap wood to build a pen and go with Angua's idea.

!!Also this is part collaborative-village-design-request-thread, so if you've got a specific build in mind that you wanna see feel free to be specific, though I withhold the right to deviate from instruction for aesthetic decisions.

A stave church would be awesome, however as it is both large and sacred, we need some not crappy wood.

(thanks to Becca helping with the workload for this one)

*Small Cottage completed
    -10 Poor-Quality Wood
    +1 Villager granted you may now complete 2 Standard Actions per turn.
    *Building on Sty started but unfinished due to lack of resources

* how deep and swift flowing is the nearby river, and does it hold fish?

>Send our main guy to begin negotiations with the fishing village, officially he is there to set up trade of crops for fish, while his ulterior motive is to gain information on the village's population, offensive and defensive capabilities, as well as where they get their fish from (sea/lake/river etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wadling View Post
    >Send our main guy to begin negotiations with the fishing village, officially he is there to set up trade of crops for fish, while his ulterior motive is to gain information on the village's population, offensive and defensive capabilities, as well as where they get their fish from (sea/lake/river etc.)
    i dunno if thats such a great idea - they might figure something fishy is going on
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.

!! The river is difficult but not impossible to safely cross. It holds - Shuffeling Kelt - a small, meaty fish and Oxen Barrow Bulger - a small, poisonous fish.

> Make Barrow Bulger the faction banner.

*what materials are needed to make a fishing rod?
    music is what keeps me alive
    my deviantart

>I would work on a well for a steady supply of water. Unless there is some way to purify the river water. Is there?
    I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.

DQ 1337 Member

> Approach (sneak) any boar and burn Acrid-Smelling Fungus next to it to decrease its defensive capabilities, then kill the beast with the spear.
    Last edited by Melanism; July 8th, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

I forgot about the skill system, and would like to amend my suggestion so that the newcomer becomes our emissary. That way he can get his charisma skill or whatever up while our dude can use his woodcutting skills to get some boss wood, if that's cool with y'all.

>Map the surrounding area.
    Rachel Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
    Michael Kitz: Continue.
    Rachel Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me. What interests me is that it recorded approximately eighteen hours of it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall Relax

>Send the newcomer out to forage for berries and other useful flora.
    Ain't no party

Kill the newcomer and eat his flesh to gain his strength and skills!

> Go with Wadle's suggestion and send the fool out while you do important work, like chop down more tress.

[major necro but who cares]

!!Given two years worth of absence and a large backlog of orders I'll say two turns have passed.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_Angua View Post
    >Catch a few wild boar to raise.
    I forgot about the skill system, and would like to amend my suggestion so that the newcomer becomes our emissary. That way he can get his charisma skill or whatever up while our dude can use his woodcutting skills to get some boss wood, if that's cool with y'all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-L View Post
    [s]> Go with Wadle's suggestion and send the fool out while you do important work, like chop down more tress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanism View Post
    > Approach (sneak) any boar and burn Acrid-Smelling Fungus next to it to decrease its defensive capabilities, then kill the beast with the spear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avver View Post
    >I would work on a well for a steady supply of water. Unless there is some way to purify the river water. Is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbot View Post
    > Make Barrow Bulger the faction banner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmy View Post
    *what materials are needed to make a fishing rod?

*The Prosperous Fishing Village is fairly small but ideally placed as a centre of Trade and Fishing affording its community a comfortable life. It has facilities and expertise in Crafting. It has a sophisticated Irrigation system allowing it to efficiently farm small amounts of Rice. It has a small chapel and shrine to their river goddess Datsin. Their Village Banner is the Shuffeling Kelt.

*It has no perimeter defensive structures, only a Watch Tower which also seems to serve communal purposes, however its structures have high Hit-Points owing to construction from High-Quality Wood and Stone.

-The Prosperous Fishing Village elders offer plans on the construction of a Well for free to help civilize your barbarous and savage community.

!!Construction of a Well requires 5 Rope and takes 2 Standard Actions.

-The Prosperous Fishing Village do not use Fishing Rods to catch Fish, they use a Dam Fish-Trap and Fishing Nets. Their elders offer plans on the construction of a and a Fishing Net for free to help civilize your barbarous and savage community.

!!Construction of Fishing Nets requires 3 Rope.

-You trade -10 Maize for +5 Fish.

*Your explorations plus information gathered from your neighbors allows you to create this Map of your surroundings.

-You fell the tree closest to you and yield +20 Wood. You earn +1 Woodcutting Experience
    *Construction of Sty completed [-3 Poor-Quality Wood, -2 Wood]

*You have exhausted your supply of Poor-Quality Wood

-You successfully hunt wild boar in the forest yeilding +5 Pork. Burning Acrid-smelling Fungus incapacitates a +1 Pig.

*Exposed to the hallucinatory effects of the Acrid-smelling Fungus, a Villager wakes from a trance to bring news of the Great Lord Resheph, who promises this land to you and your descendants if you worship him and only him.

*Food Excess earns you +1 Villager. Your domeciles are now at capacity.

*The Oxen Barrow Bulger is desegnated as Village Banner
    Last edited by Aval; March 14th, 2015 at 05:20 PM.

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

> Build a shrine to Resheph!

Oh my good heavens this is amazing.
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

Alright we've got our main man resource gatherer, second guy our negotiator/trader, and I suggest we make this next guy our construction expert. He can get started on this well as a test run and see how he fares.

>First guy go collect some Hemp or something similar to make into Rope, preferably enough to make the Well and at least one Fishing Net.
    Third guy will need to make the Well once the resources are gathered, but perhaps in the meantime he can try to get his hands on a second Pig to begin some kind of farm.
    Second guy, go back and forth between the two others and discuss the pros and cons of Resheph to hone his debating skills and form an articulated mind.

Anyone feel free to suggest other things, these are just the first ideas that spring to mind. Also I say fuck Resheph, we already own the land. Where does he get off telling us he'll 'give' it to us.