Register

Default Ready to Learn - Wallpaper

Hey fellas, how you doing?
    I'm working on a stick figure movie called ''Ready to Learn'', I made a wallpaper to promote it:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/a...earn-wallpaper

I'm working hard on it, I have some minutes done already, maybe in the end of the month it might be done!

that's it, use as your wallpaper.
    Last edited by Alucard; June 14th, 2013 at 10:40 PM.

So uh, what are we ready to learn exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.

Wallpaper looks pretty boss. So what's the main plot of the movie?

looking pretty swish! reminds me of the stickfather
    “Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up” – Pablo Picasso

Hey dudes,
    I can't really tell what's the plot, it's a open concept. I listened to a song called ''The Jeweller's Hands'' from Arctic Monkeys, and I pictured the movie in my head. But what you can certainly understand from the animation is the personal revenge of a blue stick figure, he will kill every one in this table, one by one.

So yeah, why he is doing what he is doing I'll try to explain only by photos, symbolizing his ''memories'', I will try to leave it open the best I can.

a distant citadel overlooking a monument at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    But what you can certainly understand from the animation is the personal revenge of a blue stick figure, he will kill every one in this table, one by one.
    Aha! I knew it!
    Meet Hot Singles Standing Right Behind You

DQ 1337 Member

Shit, you are the guy from Shao Kahn Party movies, now I don't have to worry about the success of your future stickfigure animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanism View Post
    Shit, you are the guy from Shao Kahn Party movies, now I don't have to worry about the success of your future stickfigure animation.
    Hahahahahahaha Jesus!

DQ 1337 Member

Now, being constructive, the windows detail gives a very complex and serious touch to the picture, and the man facing it already give us the clue of who he is, which is a cliche, but there's no other way to introduce him.

I'd also like to talk about the textures used in the image: The table, papers and guns look realistic, and the particles of the smoke also look very good. That is an interesting choice, since it would contrast the simplicity of a stick man (when they are generally portrayed with a single colour choice and head details).

My only complaint so far would be the light entering through the window, it looks bold and effortless unlike the rest.

Overall, I trust you are doing/will do an excellent work, keep it up and good luck!