Register
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: castle novel

Default castle novel

I'm working on a castle novelisation which I'm hosting on fan fiction, it's more of an experiment and a tribute to castle than a serious book adaptation. Any feedback would be appreciated and can be viewed here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8645714/...e-A-Dead-World
    Sorry if I stood on some toes when i wrote the backstories and personalities for the characters but I didn't really have much to work with, also sorry that the story might suck and I'd be letting people down, but I'm not a professional writer, just a guy who grew up reading a lot of books. Again any feedback would be appreciated
    Last edited by AI_110; October 27th, 2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: first part has been published

You should probably get permission from Oscar on this, right?

it's not official yet, just a draft. If it becomes serious and official I'll ask for permission, if not I'll just delete it.

Fan fiction is always welcomed. Just as long as it doesn't get published by some big company and you take credit etc. You probably know the difference I'm referring to.

Been trying this a several times myself, i'm actually interested in seeing what you can come up with. I'll hit you up with an email.
    "Bitches wit they own shit, we don' like golddiggers."
    -Bryson Tiller

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMagnum View Post
    Been trying this a several times myself, i'm actually interested in seeing what you can come up with. I'll hit you up with an email.
    If you tried with the reaver938 then I won't be able to read it, that was actually an accident, this is the address I intended to post taffyfrancis@hotmail.com

Before you post the Castle novel on fanfiction.net you should probably put it on DQ. We proof read and sort out mistakes for free!

I am interested in this as long as you actually make something.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyHorse View Post
    Before you post the Castle novel on fanfiction.net you should probably put it on DQ. We proof read and sort out mistakes for free!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDN6DbfUNhw

Let's not go nuts here, think of the boats we could afford from such a venture
    Last edited by Mattbot; October 25th, 2012 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattbot View Post
    [video]

Let's not go nuts here, think of the boats we could afford from such a venture
    Our new member AI_110 has hopefully paid attention to the animations and all it's details as well as read all facts about Castle on the forums. We've had plenty of members trying to complete a Castle related novel/fanfic but all failed. Or maybe that guy Irish actually finished his version, I don't remember anymore.

I'm eager to see what Al will come up with, but I hope it doesn't turn into a mix of made up facts. Speaking of that, y
    esterday I received a message from some random member on DeviantArt, telling me that Boomers hair was blonde only because Oscars hair is blonde. He/she also explained to me that it was very important to know that Castle was made by this guy Oscar which I totally didn't know.

Stuff like that. Why do people even try lol

Well since your allowed, I look forward to seeing what you come up with

DQ Member

Looks interesting. Which character are you going to be focusing on?
    Old Soldiers don't die... They just vanish

Our new member
    I'm eager to see what Al will come up with, but I hope it doesn't turn into a mix of made up facts. Speaking of that, y
    esterday I received a message from some random member on DeviantArt, telling me that Boomers hair was blonde only because Oscars hair is blonde. He/she also explained to me that it was very important to know that Castle was made by this guy Oscar which I totally didn't know.

Haha, wtfux. If anything, I still think that design choice must have been subconscious. Besides, Tawl is the real Boomer around here

I'm a level 22 Buttbuttin Killing_Time's Avatar

*Obligatory Dash comment on sexy Boomer here*

Quote Originally Posted by woo1693 View Post
    Looks interesting. Which character are you going to be focusing on?
    if I were to narrow it down, so far the conflict between The General and Etrius, but all the other main characters play a big role

DQ Member

Are you thinking about incorporating your own character? Like giving one of the "random" soldiers a name and revolving around him for part of the story.

Are you thinking about incorporating your own character? Like giving one of the "random" soldiers a name and revolving around him for part of the story.
    no it revolves around the same story as the castle series, and repercussions maybe in a separate story

Our new member AI_110 has hopefully paid attention to the animations and all it's details as well as read all facts about Castle on the forums. We've had plenty of members trying to complete a Castle related novel/fanfic but all failed. Or maybe that guy Irish actually finished his version, I don't remember anymore.

I've actually been watching castle for years ever since castle II, but didn't create a DQ account until recently

Quote Originally Posted by Killing_Time View Post
    *Obligatory Dash comment on sexy Boomer here*
    She should totally come back to dq... :/

DQ Member

Quote Originally Posted by AI_110 View Post
    no it revolves around the same story as the castle series, and repercussions maybe in a separate story
    -_- no, I meant as in since there are so many soldiers that were in the operation who weren't given names or killed off easily, are you planning to expand on some of those characters. (For ex. Ray or Mullins were nameless in the Castle III until Repercussions)

-_- no, I meant as in since there are so many soldiers that were in the operation who weren't given names or killed off easily, are you planning to expand on some of those characters. (For ex. Ray or Mullins were nameless in the Castle III until Repercussions)
    Yes, the characters in repercussions will be named during the events of castle 3, but are basically like cameos, I don't want to place a big emphasis on them in the events of castle 3

DQ 1337 Member

I hope the cameos have a very disturbing and painful death, just like the ones in the series ^^.

Hopefully, someday, I will be in the hearts of all member of DQ....hopefully....

I didn't know fanfiction.net had Castle as well. Which category did they put it in?

I currently write fanfiction for Calvin and Hobbes there.

they haven't put it in there, I sent a few emails but they've only responded to one and it was just asking what category it should be in, I don't think they check there email often or they're ignoring me I've been sending to them for a few weeks now

Hopefully, someday, I will be in the hearts of all member of DQ....hopefully....

Well, really, what category should it be in?