Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xiox' Style Packs

Hey, I recently had this item on GraphicRiver accepted and am just trying to get it out there and more noticed

You can download it here http://graphicriver.net/item/action-...styles/2997949

I'm afraid I can't put a preview image directly on here because I'm on mobile and it won't let me get the image link.

Rule of the internet: No pics, no clicks.
    Ain't no party

I'm not sure if there's people on DQ who'd like to download those, but I must say, Those styles look gorgeous! And your advertising image is very well done, respect.

Agreed, Shadow.

If I could, I'd buy it right now. Looks awesome.

Though, as much as I'd want to use these for the logo I plan on working on later... I'd rather avoid someone else's materials and ideas...

Though the font appears that there's little variation, I don't think it's bad since I believe the choice of font is practical anyway. If anything, they'd make great logos. :3

e_e I can't stop staring at them...

Alright, since some of you don't like to click links if there isn't a picture, here it is since I am able to use a computer now.

And thank you for the kind words, I will be releasing many style packs like this one with different themes in the future. The font I chose does compliment the styles, but it does not literally effect them, you can make any layer look like these styles, regardless of the typeface.
    Anyway, I'm glad you like them It's encouraging to hear stuff like that.

Also, I should add that I'm always looking for ideas for what styles I should make, so if you have anything mind that could be possible with this, please let me know

I have recently released 2 more packs, take a look! I noticed when I first posted the pack above I got an increase in sales, so I thought I'd try it again, plus when I'm proud of my work I like to show it off

Action Premium 2:
    http://graphicriver.net/item/action-....z_author=Xiox

Zombie Styles:
    http://graphicriver.net/item/zombie-....z_author=Xiox

Hopefully, someday, I will be in the hearts of all member of DQ....hopefully....

Needless to say, these are awesome. My favorite is the zombie one even though I don't like zombies . I loved how you designed
    each different theme in such a grotesque and fitting way.

I like Shack and Melt The others are looking good as well.

As a fan of the zombie genre, let me say that your zombie themed fonts truly do the undead justice.
    'All my followers shouldn't accept my teachers out of faith, but out of constant investigation.'

Hopefully, someday, I will be in the hearts of all member of DQ....hopefully....

You bet they do. Zombies are cool.

Thanks guys . I do have more packs on my profile on the same website, but they are of lesser quality in my opinion. Also, if anyone here does actually buy my work and wants to see something specific from me or if anyone just has an idea I could do, please give me ideas. All the style packs I do are for fun, so I don't always have new ideas for them as I am often thinking a lot about other things.

I like your styles, but I don't think there's enough variation when it comes to variation.
    What I mean is you often do these effects where the top or bottom half of the outline/the entire letter has a reflection and the other part doesn't. I hope I could explain what I mean.

And I'd love to see some simplistic styles as well, some that aren't as extreme and "noisy". Some calm, majestic styles ;)
    Think about it but don't take it too seriously - I'm not a customer and have no idea what actual customers demand/request.

And the styles you have atm are gorgeous anyway.

Lol thanks. There is actually a higher demand for simple, clean styles, but like I said, I make these for fun in my spare time, and I find it more enjoyable to do high detailed and heavy effects, though I'll probably try some nice simple and clean styles, possibly even for my next pack. I don't really get what you mean Bout the reflection though

I totally haven't seen those zombie styles yesterday... I love 'em!

About that reflection thing, see here:

Of course, they just seem overused when I see them all together. If I were to see that text in a movie title or the menu of a game, it'd be perfctly fine.

Ah yea, I see what you mean. Now that you mention it, yea, it is a bit overused, but there is a somewhat good reason why I use it, and thats because it gives it a semi-realistic shine effect, makes it look like it has some sort of reflective surface, it can also make the words pop out a bit and give them depth depending on how you use it.
    Just a little side note, the silver 'A' and golden 'P' are the same style with only the colour changed

You are right about seeing them separately, and thats what they would be for, movie and game titles, thats what I designed them for.

By the way, I took your advice and started working on a nice clean effect pack that could be used for website design and things like that. Never really tried it before, but they are looking pretty good I think so far

EDIT: Is there any way to get the name of this thread changed to "Xiox Style Packs" or something like that? If not thats ok. I was just thinking that I could use this thread as a base to post my style packs that I release (which I've started doing now) instead of creating a new thread for each.
    Last edited by Xiox; October 10th, 2012 at 09:43 AM.

That's cool, looking forward to them! I'm imagening some simple gradients with subtle inner glows and soft shadows. Let's see

I'm sure a mod will change the title.

I'll post a WIP image of them sometime soon, then I can see if people like them

And yea, I'm thinking they will, but I don't know for sure if thats something they do

Here's one that I recently posted. I had submitted this pack about a year ago but it was rejected, so I thought I'd make some changes and submit it again, so here is the accepted version.
    http://graphicriver.net/item/fruity-styles/2193564

I'm a level 22 Buttbuttin Killing_Time's Avatar

Looks yummy, but the lens flare present in almost all of font examples is really distracting.

Strawberry font is the best in my opinion. Looks juicy.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

Yea, I think I went a little over the top with flares but they are only present in 3 of them. Strawberry is my second favourite, Orange is my first.

Well... I did do a more clean and web-based style pack as suggested and submitted it... but it was rejected because apparently there are already a few items like it on GraphicRiver.. so I wont be doing anymore simple styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
    Well... I did do a more clean and web-based style pack as suggested and submitted it... but it was rejected because apparently there are already a few items like it on GraphicRiver.. so I wont be doing anymore simple styles.
    May I suggest a military themed pack? You could mess around with that typical way they paint letters and numbers on vehicles. Add camouflage colours, metal, dirt, kevlar, broken wood/bricks/concrete, lots of stuff to use :]

That's a good idea, however, it's been done already as well

http://graphicriver.net/item/war-pho...r=INDUSTRYKIDZ