Register

Thread: Rocks n Humans

Default Rocks n Humans

Hey there all. I posted a thread about this flash game I was doing for a school project some while back. I finished it a long time ago, but never got around to translating it. However, just a few hours ago, I got a spike of motivation, and did the translation. So here is the game! Hope you like it

There is currently no noise in the game as I couldn't add anything into the game without making it sound ridiculous in my opinion.

Link to Game: http://www.fileize.com/view/c4c0586f-c9b/

Read up more about the game if you like at the old thread: http://forums.deletionquality.net/sh...ame-Pending%29

Bug reports, balance issues, and criticism are all welcome. Also, if you feel like you have an idea for another feature, feel free to tell me, and I'll see about adding it if I can.

This looks rather fun, but I think that maybe the minions should do less damage to champions, it seems that if I run ahead of my minions I get eaten rather quickly, its a shame to almost kill the enemy champion only have to run because I can't tower dive to kill him, especially when the minions eat my health like I'm a tasty human burrito.
    Alright guys, who wants napalm donuts?!

Well, my reasoning for their current values is so that the minions can help some more early to mid stages of the game without becoming obsolete too quickly if I lowered their damage output too much.

A strategy you can use against the AI is playing conservatively at the beginning, by out-earning the AI in terms of money through killing minions, since the AI isn't all that great at last-hitting. After you get your first upgrade, everything can start to snowball in your favor.

Featured it!

I see something promising here , it does need some polishing in my opinion though. The playback of the SWF seems kind of choppy for some reason, or it might be the animations. The movement of your character is a bit sluggish too. I may also suggest something a bit more noticeable when getting coins, I didn't notice at first, ahe. In overall the gameplay is classic and fun, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Featured it!
    Thanks for that Osc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar
    The playback of the SWF seems kind of choppy for some reason, or it might be the animations.
    It's probably the animations. I didn't make them since I'm horrible at designing neat characters, so I had a friend do it for me as you can see in the little copyright symbol down in the bottom left. I'm more of a programmer at heart hehe.

So, yeah that's basically unfixable unless I yank up my friend, and tell her to add more to the animation, which I really don't want to trouble her for right now.

The movement of your character is a bit sluggish too.
    As for the movement being sluggish, do you mean the animations being choppy like before, or that they're just too slow?

I may also suggest something a bit more noticeable when getting coins, I didn't notice at first, ahe.
    I'll see what I can do ;)

Also...anyone have suggestions about the noises I might be able to add?

Your character is way too slow, its even slower than the enemy when first starting. Also, the enemy seems to be stronger and have more initial health. To me it seems quite unfair seeing as they seem to be unbeatable . Everything costs too much as well, it takes forever to get enough coins to get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
    Your character is way too slow, its even slower than the enemy when first starting.
    That might be because the enemy, and your character inputs different calculations of speed in the programming. It's actually quite complicated. I might have a way to fix it for 1P, although the issue would still persist in 2P.

Also, the enemy seems to be stronger and have more initial health. To me it seems quite unfair seeing as they seem to be unbeatable .
    That's impossible as you, and the enemy both run on the exact same health, and damage system with identical starting values. Are you sure you weren't pummeled by enemy minions the same time you were fighting the enemy?

The first time I played, as soon as i started the enemy ran right past me and took out half of my towers health and then ran back to his own to heal, the whole time I was hitting him. He also upgrades faster than me somehow, he had already bought 2 upgrades and was half way to a 3rd while I was just able to get my first. I understand that you only gain money from killing the minions yourself, but I had killed nearly all of them myself and he still always had more money.

The first time I played, as soon as i started the enemy ran right past me and took out half of my towers health and then ran back to his own to heal, the whole time I was hitting him.
    From what I know, the first exchange of a game should never involve any character getting up in front of one's tower.

In that case, can you tell me what browser you are playing the game on, and perhaps any other information that can be useful? I've known the game's values to go crazy in some situations, especially if played as a SWF from the desktop.
    He also upgrades faster than me somehow, he had already bought 2 upgrades and was half way to a 3rd while I was just able to get my first. I understand that you only gain money from killing the minions yourself, but I had killed nearly all of them myself and he still always had more money.
    Did you die early on? I designed the game with a snowball effect in mind. If you allow the computer to get ahead in the early game, you can almost never catch back up unless you play conservatively, and try to catch back up with the minion gold upgrade.