Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SCP – Containment Breach

Here comes a small game from the same people who brought you SCP 087-B. The alpha was just released so you can check that out.

http://scpcb.wordpress.com/

It mainly revolves around the SCPs, namely the most famous one SCP 173, but many others too.

For people who don't know about SCP 173, it's basically a statue which cannot move when being watched by any sentient being. When not being observed however, including the time you blink, SCP 173 can move extremely fast, and is very deadly.

So yeah, share your thoughts on this =)
    Last edited by Kreekakon; April 15th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

That΄s pretty scary, reminds just a little bit of amnesia.

DQ Senior Member ArtoriusVonKrieg's Avatar

You mean these guys right?

Last edited by ArtoriusVonKrieg; April 15th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtoriusVonKrieg View Post
    You mean these guys right?

[video]
    They're very similar, but I don't know when SCP 173 was written, so I can't tell you which one comes first.

DQ Senior Member ArtoriusVonKrieg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kreekakon View Post
    They're very similar, but I don't know when SCP 173 was written, so I can't tell you which one comes first.
    Doctor Who came first.

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

I've always loved the SCP world, and I love the idea of a game where you have to survive encounters with the various SCPs. I look forward to seeing how this progresses, such as if you are able to interact with some of the non-hostile SCPs and get help/equipment from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadling View Post
    I've always loved the SCP world, and I love the idea of a game where you have to survive encounters with the various SCPs. I look forward to seeing how this progresses, such as if you are able to interact with some of the non-hostile SCPs and get help/equipment from them.
    Well, the creator has stated that SCP 914 will be in the game, but of all the helpful SCPs, he says that that's currently ("Currently" is key word here) the only one.

EDIT: On my last run I encountered a super scary moment. I had just sneaked past 173, and was now at a catwalk fork. I took the way on the right, and opened the door at the end. 173 was RIGHT THERE on the other side. Then I just slowly backed away, and took the other door. I was so careless in my state of mind that I walked straight into 106 who was halfway through emerging through the floor.
    Last edited by Kreekakon; April 15th, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Digging this up to remind everyone of its existence. It's since release been constantly getting updates to this day, and from then looks of it has more than DOUBLED its content when compared the the previous time I checked it.

The game now has an ending(s), and has multiple new SCPs in it as well as many new gameplay aspects.

The game's site has also moved here:
    http://www.scpcbgame.com/

SCP Containment Breach always scares the %&^$ out of me every time I play it

DQ Senior Member

Both Slender and SCP were unable to scare me, I actually got bored. Now, driving a jeep out of a cliff in Far Cry, that did scare me.

PewDiePie must play SCP, as well as me, even though I'm easily scared.
    If the Earth were to fall into the sun, I'd eat all the ice cream before it melts.

DQ Senior Member

He already did, not the full version though.

huh, I'll have to take a look
    If the Earth were to fall into the sun, I'd eat all the ice cream before it melts.

I'm a fan of the SCP wiki. How the good fuck did I not learn about this?
    Ain't no party

Quote Originally Posted by GolyBlood View Post
    So creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanism View Post
    Both Slender and SCP were unable to scare me, I actually got bored. Now, driving a jeep out of a cliff in Far Cry, that did scare me.
    It's important to distinguish between scary and startling. When something is scary, it mostly lies the atmosphere, and the player's propensity to scare himself through nerves and anxiety, or full fledged panic. Being startled can be conducive to such an atmosphere, but it is not itself sufficient for horror. Driving off a cliff - in a video game - is not scary, it's startling.
    Last edited by Victory; February 3rd, 2013 at 02:28 PM.

Been playing the latest version for some time now. It's actually pretty hard, since levels are different every time and you don't know what to expect. One of annoying things though, is that in some sessions you get killed right from the beginning, like when you're trying to get out of the very first room through door and there's SCP 173 waiting for you right there. Happened to me three times already, twice in the row. Or the wall of lightning which I have no idea how to get through. Unless there's some way around it, I consider this an annoying problem and hope it's resolved in some way. The other problem is enormous framerate drop in certain places, in one place I got 7 FPS and it's not my computer's fault, game has 2002-era graphics. But I guess that problem is because game is not finished yet and it runs directly from the folder, no installation is needed.
    But so far I enjoy this and it has awesome SCP feeling to it. It's creepy, it's dark, it's haunting and it can scare/startle the shit out of you sometimes. One of interesting mechanics is blink meter, your player character has to blink from time to time and due to certain SCP being stationary and undangerous only when you have direct eye contact with it you encounter some dire situations.
    Last edited by Shinoi; February 3rd, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

I've had problems dying immediately as well, once in SPC-173 containment cell during the intro and once near the door you enter from in the room just outside the containment cell. The first I believe was a hitbox error in that accidentally standing close to where he moves during the cutscene kills you like it otherwise would when the light goes out. The other is when it escapes into the ventilation shafts, which changes the environment in certain spots in the room. Standing on one of those spots seems to make you fall through the floor when the new map loads in.

The blink meter is quite pointless for most of the game, since only 2 SPC's currently use the quantum lock mechanism, and only one of those two is any real threat. Rather, the charm of the blink meter seems to be when you either forget to blink and the sudden darkness freaks you out, or when the extra command input starts to stress you out when you're feeling vulnerable. So far I've encountered some 5-6 SPC's, and it's a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    The blink meter is quite pointless for most of the game,
    Not really, because if you think about it almost half, or at the very, very least a third of the game's threats come from 173 anyways.

Wadling discovered to be an escaped SCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    Wadling discovered to be an escaped SCP.
    [IMG]
    Goddamn them Anomalous Ducks.

But it's kinda sad how lucky you must be to get a good level. In first session I couldn't procede furhter that two hallways, because in middle of third one there's this wall of lightning I can't pass. In the second session I got pretty neat level, but at some point there's this lightning wall again and there's no other way around.
    EDIT: So there actually is way to pass testa coil hallway.
    Last edited by Shinoi; February 3rd, 2013 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoi View Post
    But it's kinda sad how lucky you must be to get a good level. In first session I couldn't procede furhter that two hallways, because in middle of third one there's this wall of lightning I can't pass. In the second session I got pretty neat level, but at some point there's this lightning wall again and there's no other way around.
    Well, I doubt after so long in development/public beta, the creator would be sloppy enough to allow "unbeatable" scenarios to arise in the game too commonly, if at all. So maybe if you're stuck try look around a bit more before jumping to the conclusion that you're in an impossible level scenario?

Then again since the game is constantly evolving, such bugs might also creep in when new content is added before the creator can catch up on them.

No, I found out the way around it. Turns out if you mark your time JUST RIGHT and run through it you can pass.