Register

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Mass Effect 3

I've been playing the Mass Effext 3 demo alot and man does it look awesome. I've never played any of the games I'm missing alot of the story. But Mass Effect 3 makes me want to get the last 2 to understand what the story is and right now im playing it on xbox 360 the demo is awesome... but im bored got no one to play with either
    any one want to play
    omarX87/NWLY

Get the first 2 games and play them before you touch ME3. Otherwise its like watching Return of the King before any of the earlier LotR films.
    Quit the bitchin'
    we gon' make it in a second.

Liked ME2 but not going to buy ME3 because of Origin and other factors including:

Meh. Doesn't seem so nice anymore.

The Mass Effect games have always been terrible. The writing is terrible, the graphics are terrible, the animations are terrible, the characters are shamelessly stolen from other stories and yet serve as the only interesting thing in the entire series. The action is boring, the conversations are stilted, completely devoid of context and personality, boiling down to overly written hours of exposition about the slightest inquiry regardless of circumstance and position.

I could write an entire essay on why I hate this series... Oh wait, I did.

Even so, I did enjoy some of Mass Effect 2, if only for the secondary characters, but never managed to complete it. I got somewhere around 30 hours in before I got bored which is an improvement over my 6 hour record in the first game so maybe the trend will continue upwards and I'll actually beat this game... but somehow I doubt it.

The character interactions all reminded me a hell of a lot of other games like the Fable series. That system is fun for a while, but after that, it starts getting annoying.
    DQ's medical advisor.
    "What is food to one is to others bitter poison" - Titus Lucretius Carus

Is it just me or is it in to hate Mass Effects? Not like they were the best games of all time, but other sci-fi series have just about the same pros and cons, which nobody mentions while they discuss them.
    Quit the bitchin'
    we gon' make it in a second.

Yeah, but Mass Effect is like Halo - grossly and highly overrated. The reason people hate these games is not exclusively for the games themselves, but for the reception they unjustly receive.

Mass Effect reviews.

Mass Effect 2 reviews.

At least, that's my interpretation of it. Some people hate just to hate, after all.

Rude and arrogant! But why? Flashlight's Avatar

Meh, my idea is similar to this guys. Also I really wish for jetpacks, s/he would never have died in MA2 if s/he had a jetpack.
    Man rule 48. Any dispute lasting any longer than 3 minutes must be settled by rock, paper, scissors.

Hey guys, sorry for a late post, but I think most of you should see this.

I am clinically insane.

You what'll suck, that dlc on release date that you have to pay extra for. I had better have misheard that >

Edit: Just checked the vid above my post, god dangit
    Last edited by Mattbot; February 23rd, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Deletionquality Chronicles Page 61

You know what's even more disgusting? They said this character was a core character, and he plays an important role in the Mass Effect game. They deliberately took away The Prothean and made him a DLC character instead. But he has a big download size to him. And they charged him 10 bucks more, and placed him on the CE as you watched the vid.
    I am clinically insane.

DLC are what you might use to encourage buying a new copy as he said, or latter as maybe a after thought, I agree with the guy entirely. Iffy with weapons though, I can see a point in non-multiplier having some special weapons for the extra's list, and making it where its extremely strong can be understood....as long as its not automatically given to you, might be better to give it as part of a hard to do at a low level mission. So....I agree about the bull crap about the dlc character costing a extra 10 bucks while being actually part of the main plot. That feels like they are pissing on their fan base....

...bo....boycott....it is.
    Last edited by Zolen; February 23rd, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
    Man rule 48. Any dispute lasting any longer than 3 minutes must be settled by rock, paper, scissors.

Horrible game. Truly horrible. The gameplay was awkward and clumsy, a trait in all ME games, and the combat was even worse. The dialogue was cheesy and even more one sided, and I expected exactly these remarks from myself before I bought the game. Mass Effect 3, like other game series such as Halo and Dragon Age, was publicized to be something that it wasn't. I knew I would be disappointed, just as I was with ME and ME2, yet I bought ME3 to see if my view would change.
    Forgive me if I am bashing, just giving my view.