Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I apologize for pulling the trigger early! Don't fatigue and forum guys.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax.

what is it suppose to mean?
    I'm super crazy... no arguing please

Ivyn and go_habs_go have finished their Round 3 match. Habs won on time.

Game here.
    'All my followers shouldn't accept my teachers out of faith, but out of constant investigation.'

Updated. I just realized I never linked to me and Bluelilly's game.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

I also won on time against kronos for round 2... but never told it since you said that match must finish on sundays...
    I'm super crazy... no arguing please

Apostolic Moderator
    One Time Chess Champion

Revived to say.

I won.

After nearly five months.

That is all.

*ollies outie*
    Quote Originally Posted by C. S. Lewis
    When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Congratulations Varth! And thanks to all the participants for making it possible!

Next tournament to be started soon.

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

I'm afraid there's only room for one grand master champion guy who is good at Chess on this here forum. I look forward to seeing you on the board next time.

More than likely the schedule will run as follow: Next Monday (7/16) will be registration and Tournament 3 will start the following Monday (7/23).

So go over to chess.com and register for an account if you haven't already and get in some practice. It'll play much like this Tournament played, with match ups being generated Sunday in the evening with current standings. Matches are considered forfeit until finished, and it will more than likely played to 4 or 5 rounds. This means that the quality of the tournament is directly proportional to your active participation.

Apostolic Moderator
    One Time Chess Champion

165-turn match. Man. No one has worn me down like Sirrin before, to my memory; I think my longest game on record before this one was 130ish. Congradz, was close.

EDIT: Will, the honor is mutual.

Last edited by Varthonai; July 10th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by C. S. Lewis
    When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

I think it's best I'm not in the next tournament. I'm outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.
    Quote Originally Posted by codbarley View Post
    I mean, my brain is a real piece of work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Varthonai View Post
    165-turn match. Man. No one has worn me down like Sirrin before, to my memory; I think my longest game on record before this one was 130ish. Congradz, was close.
    Not bad considering that prior to these DQ tournaments, I hadn't played a game of chess in close to ten years. I think I've managed to scrape off a fair amount of the rust over the course of these tournaments, but I'm still not as good as I was when I was little. Anyway, congratulations on winning the the tournament Varth.

Edit: I'm totally going to kick your butt next time of course. Wadling's too.
    'All my followers shouldn't accept my teachers out of faith, but out of constant investigation.'