Register
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tyemdi View Post
    Nice drawing. Though there should be butterflies on the chainsaw imo, since it's her cutie mark.
    I don't make MLP stuff, that one's from DA
    Last edited by TheOnlyHorse; February 20th, 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreekakon View Post
    I just finished watching the newest episode: "A Friend in Deed".

I thought the entire thing was super hilarious (Featuring super amounts of Pinkie being Pinkie). Thought the ending was a bit ridiculous/painfully ironic though.
    How was it ironic? XD

and I almost literally cried during the smile song.

Dammit.
    I am clinically insane.

I especially liked the rap one (although it was kinda ironic considering Princess Celestia is famous all over Equestria).
    Okay, new theory. Celestia has no friends and can never have any, because her loyal subjects (all the ponies) have immense respect for her. They alwas treat her in a way no friend would - all officially and stuff. Even twilight does that.
    Because Celestiua has no friends, and cannot be happy, she sends Twilight off to make some friends. Nopony should ever be without friends, she thinks. So when she sees Rarity leave her friends behind, she freaks and rap battles the crap out of her.

The last episode was really cool As always I missed it as always, but there hasn't been that incredibly much fanart of it so quickly, so I might still contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastersarge Redux View Post
    I almost literally cried during the smile song.
    Manly tears bruh.

Delivering the Hurt Killervirus's Avatar

Hey, guys, remember Bon-Bon having like two-three different voices?

Check out the Flim Flam song. Bon-Bon twins in the background! (when the crowd fiest starts singing along to the chorus and a second time after that to.)

that means Bon-Bon is def not canon

EDIT: Two doctor whooves as well! Time travel shenanigans! And before the Twillight episode to :3
    Last edited by Killervirus; February 22nd, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

I wonder if there's anyone counting all the mistakes in MLP: Fim. Derpy's first appearance should not be counted though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyHorse View Post
    I don't make MLP stuff, that one's from DA
    Well, that does make sense. From what I've seen, you're not the type of person to draw that stuff... I think.

Wait, so whose the artist then?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtime23 View Post
    Okay, new theory. Celestia has no friends and can never have any, because her loyal subjects (all the ponies) have immense respect for her. They alwas treat her in a way no friend would - all officially and stuff. Even twilight does that.
    Because Celestia has no friends, and cannot be happy, she sends Twilight off to make some friends. Nopony should ever be without friends, she thinks. So when she sees Rarity leave her friends behind, she freaks and rap battles the crap out of her.
    Good theoy. Wait, what about her sister, Princess Luna? She can be a friend.

I'm just gonna leave this here...
    Sometimes, the hardest part of being alive is learning how to live.

Good art, although she does look a bit muscular for a cartoon pony... But otherwise nicely done.

HOOF-THUMP!!

Imao, this song wasn't MLP's or Pinkie Pie's best ones...

But my, does it put a smile on my face... without having to put a knife in my mouth.

Who else here is excited about the new Fluttershy episode tomorrow? Cos I am!

Just finished watching the newest episode, "It's About Time"

I thought it was a really good episode, even if it did have one of the most predictable plot revelation of recent episodes. Other aspects were quite awesome.

EDIT: Also...

One of the best ten minutes of my life.
    Last edited by Kreekakon; March 10th, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

DQ wannabe Member Thecommander236's Avatar

Wow, everyone really does love this show.
    Don't make me destroy you.

Shit, missed the livestream aain. Will watch tomorrow.

I have yet to see the newest episode. Until then I'll just write a short review about the last episode "Putting Your Hoof Down" which I've been putting off for a week.

Spoiler for Review:
    The episode was good and obviously is the most violent one out of the entire series. It also revealed to me that ponies can be much nastier than they seem. I'm also surprised that Fluttershy didn't turn gray during her rampage, which was pretty frightening and the character Iron Will was assertively funny, not to mention the numerous pop culture references.

If there's one complaint is that the rest of Mane 6 was not involved in the episode, or at least Twilight Sparkle since she's often the more logical one, given the situation.

Also, for all those who watched the episode, the 3D capture of Fluttershy's head as she listened to her friends was a very nice touch.

Also...

[video]

One of the best ten minutes of my life.
    Is... is this fan-made?

Is... is this fan-made?
    Fan-made, Tara Strong voiced.

Tara Strong voiced.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS S

Also, on the new episode:
    Last edited by Shadowtime23; March 11th, 2012 at 03:39 PM.

Gee, I don't remember Rainbow Dash twitching like that in the new episode, which btw was very good and funny and like Kreek said, kinda predictable. They did not have to repeat the same scene of Twilight talking to her past self though. We KNOW already what's gonna happen.

The best scene imo of the episode, is this one:

Spoiler for New episode scene:

That's pretty awesome. Even after reading the guy's YouTube description, I still can't believe he managed to get in contact with her to voice this song parody.

Looking forward to more Tara Strong voiced parodies!

They did not have to repeat the same scene of Twilight talking to her past self though. We KNOW already what's gonna happen.
    Actually I found that to be a nice/hilarious touch to the whole thing.

Gee, I don't remember Rainbow Dash twitching like that in the new episode
    It's to show how good the episode made me feel
    They did not have to repeat the same scene of Twilight talking to her past self though. We KNOW already what's gonna happen.
    I sort of agree. I would've liked to see the same scene from some other perspectives.

Maybe I didn't find it too hilarious having had watched other TV shows/movies run it in different perspectives instead of the same scene. But granted, I don't see any other way of running the scene except having it over again, plus the fact it is kinda hard to think of other perspectives.

Also, I like the fact MLP has canon (in this episode, the Pinkie sense) rather than have its characters gain and lose characteristics/roles each episode, like The Simpsons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtime23 View Post
    It's to show how good the episode made me feel
    Huh. Wait, then which episode is the twitchy Rainbow Dash from, do you or do you not know?

Huh. Wait, then which episode is the twitchy Rainbow Dash from, do you or do you not know?
    I don't remember the name, but I'm sure it was from season 1 and RD was telling Applebloom that she could get her a cutie mark "in a yippie!"
    AB: "But my sister said, you can't force them"
    RD: "Hey! are you going to listen to someone doing *this* all day," *does the twitching, applebucking thing* "or ME!?"

Ah yes, "Call of the Cutie" then.

Hey have you guys heard of the Derpy voice change cos some people found it offensive to people with disabilities. After some protests, the MLP staff then removed Rainbow Dash's mention of Derpy's name and gave her a new voice, of which is shunned by the majority of the brony community.

Personally I felt Derpy's old voice was in keeping with the character Bronies viewed her as and made her funny and loved. Her new voice just made her sound uh... dumb. As to what effect it has on society and views on people with disabilities, that is only dependent on a person's character and sense of security. I wouldn't act harshly to people with disabilities after hearing Derpy's old voice, just as I won't harass a person that acts like Daffy Duck (although I would be annoyed).

I think this is something we should discuss. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on the matter.

Also, a touching protest video about Derpy's voice change made by the same people who brought you "Epic Pie Time".

I very nearly cried watching this, which is something considering I am not much of an empathic person toward any emotional situation. It's probably this fandom...

Since we're on the topic of Derpy...

Voiced by nearly 200 individual voices.

THAT is how much the fans love Derpy. I was touched through the whole song, but I lost it at "Fill my heart up with bubbles, bubbles."

Ah yes, "Call of the Cutie" then.

Hey have you guys heard of the Derpy voice change cos
    STOPPED READING RIGHT THERE

Dude, how could you just hear of that? I mean, just now?! Shame on you!

That's a beautiful collab, Kreek.
    Last edited by Shadowtime23; March 16th, 2012 at 02:57 PM.

I didn't. It's actually been on my mind for some time now. I'm just surprised fellow MLP fans on this forum never mentioned or discussed it, considering her voice was changed.

Collab's just beautiful, even though I really can't tell if there are 200 people involved or not...

You know, the baby-like voice in the collab as well as the one in "Save Derpy" would have been a far more suitable voice for Derpy than the two voices featured on the actual cartoon. Far more suitable... plus no possible controversy.

Anyone here have also drawn parallels between Brony culture and religion? For example, Bronies and anti-Bronies engaged in flame wars on 4chan because Bronies were spreading the message of MLP around, just as any of the 3 monotheistic religions (Islam, Christianity and Judaism) came under fire after people started spreading their religion, hoping to give people the same hope they received under those religions. Not to mention Bronies relocation to Ponychan and Equestria Daily is also similar to religions' relocating to places where they would not come under discrimination (except in the case of Bronies, the relocated place does not have any people already inhabiting the place).

It's amazing how history is repeated and how many parallels can be drawn! It's actually pretty disappointing of human Nature...
    Last edited by Tyemdi; March 17th, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

My boy, these ponies are what TRUE warriors strive for!

NEW TRACK BY MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great track Cod. I especially liked the very fresh and lively beginning later accompanied by the synthesized beats. This track, like your other ones fits the character really well. Is it not meant to have an outro or is it not finished yet?

Also who did the artwork?

Quote Originally Posted by DataaX View Post
    [IMG]
    My boy, these ponies are what TRUE warriors strive for!
    Zombie ponies? What about them?

Hey guys, the last episode of season 2 has been confirmed to be the end of next month. Then we have to wait 4 months again.