Register

Default Dragon Age 2 Review

(Hey gang. First better review I have made in a while. Tell me what you think.)

It's amazing.... Where the fuck is it?

It's awesome. How much time you needed for it?
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

This thread is leaving me incredibly confused.

Default Dragon Age 2 Review

(Hey gang. First better review I have made in a while. Tell me what you think.)

I been a Dragon Age fan for quite a while since Origins came out. The statistics and detail, combine with the dark fantasy elements and hard work put in it made you think of LOTR. Except not as much LOTR but you can easily compare them.

However, Origins development itself took more than 5 years to make. And that's a lot to accomplish. Sure there were minor flaws in the game, but it was vastly overlooked due to the story, the incredible characters with a unique personality and gameplay that redefined RPGs.

Of course, with every good idea that made a shit ton of cash and reviews, it wasn't long till it was milked to the very brim when it came to it's sequal.

Dragon Age 2.

First off, let me say that the game alone is not considered an RPG. No, it's not. It's more of a button mashing action game that really didn't have flavor or any details to appreciate. It was shortly after Origin's release was a Sequal already planned and in development.

After watching the demo I could say that I was flabbergestid. I looked to see that this game wasn't what I expected at all.

Let's start out with the graphics.
    I literally almost cried when I saw how freakishly stupid and ugly the DarkSpawn were. I mean god, the hell made those guys? They look like zombified anime wackjobs with little to no intimidating qualities whatsoever. Sure they looked less like Orcs, but it was twice as bad in design. Hell even the Enviroment didn't look that pleasing. It was all to light like, shaders upped a notch and all too animated. :/ Seriously, the Elves even look like anime characters themselves. Xp The other characters don't look impressive either. I was a bit dissapointed with the look of the humans and dwarves too. The background and structures, as well as the outside lands were too narrowed and uninteresting to explore. Hell even the deeproads failed to inspire me to play.

From Start to finish I played this game, and I noticed a hell of a lot of things wrong in this game that I can't stand to understand.

The reusable, copy pasted levels and scenarios. Seriously I walked into like fifty, and I'm not exxagerating, FIFTY alley ways and they all looked the same. But it's not just that. The sewers, the mountains, and every frigging nook and cranny in Kirkwall was EXACTLY THE SAME. I got bored with the side quests that I was like 'fuck it, I'm out of here.' To add insult to injury, swarms of enemies seem to come at you in waves in each and every direction of the area. It felt like a bother to kill them off, it even took time to do it.

Next is the stats and characters themselves.
    I can't understand it. How did we go from a detailed written complex menu of items, characters, codex as well as statistics to... to... I'm not sure what to say here.

Everything in this has been dumbed down. It was all shortened and thinned that it made it uninteresting for me to read what these items were, what speciality class I should take or what skills or attributes I should concentrate on. The feeling for usage left me. The items were all worthless. WORTHLESS! Devoid of bonuses that actually make a damn difference. And there's no rating, no value to them, it's all just there. It's like Bioware just insulted us by thinking were not fit to handle a complex and distorted detail and decided to give us eye candy instead. The inventory system was abhorrable and useless from the first that I barely used any of it except for selling shit and buying potions.

And what of the story you ask? What story? There's no focus anywhere. I'm supposed to be the champion of Kirkwall right? Right. But how come I don't feel championish? Seriously, I went through like two thirds of the game and didn't see like there was any signifigance to my 'destiny' to championship. First you started out poor. Ok, so I gotta work my way up. Went to the deep roads and found hoards of treasure. Ok! I gain gold and recgonition, am I champion now? Nope. Now I gotta deal with Oxmen over some silly book or artifact or whatever the hell they were looking for. I defeated them, and claimed champion. So ok! I'm champion is that the end? Appareantly no it isn't.
    There was no direct focus to the story whatsoever! If you wanted to make something potraining to mistreatment of the mages then JUST FOCUS ON THAT! Don't make me go through the first or second half thinking this is what's meant to be!

Now I don't mean to insult anyone, but whoever things Dragon Age 2 is better than Origins, I gotta say you are on Meth. Unless you can give me a logical, reasonable reason WHY DA2 is better than DAO than I will gladly listen and drink tea with you.

Dragon Age 2: A dissapointment that has never grew so bigger up until now.

3/10

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Wait wtf....?! D: Two posts?

I like the first review at the top better. It was more to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    I like the first review at the top better. It was more to the point.
    hahah. The first post was a mistake.

Daww Vic why you be so meany? ((((

Your memory of me must've rot in your absence. I don't do nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    Your memory of me must've rot in your absence. I don't do nice.
    Doesn't hurt to try.

haha.

Nah my memory of you is still perfectly intact. You are still the same fun loving cynical perescutor of the forums.
    And I say that with a lot of love. <3

Rude and arrogant! But why? Flashlight's Avatar

Why do i see 2 of these threads in latest forum posts with different times on them...

Quote Originally Posted by Flashlight View Post
    Why do i see 2 of these threads in latest forum posts with different times on them...
    That's what I was wondering.
    I'm using the school computer, so it's actually bad on my end.

I liked the game, it was actaully better than the first one. Not sure what you were playing...
    Ain't no party

DQ Member

I agree with sarge, but they made this sequel because fans wanted more and more. And all of us know that every good game needs years to make. That's the reason why it isn't good because you cannot make a great game in 6 months or a year

DQ 1337 Member ...I'm not telling you!'s Avatar

Hated the second game, thought it was a joke. First was hardly gold but, never the less I can't see how they turned up with such shit for the sequel.

I have just come to the conclusion that there is no Dragon Age 2. The game company was just trolling us.
    Man rule 48. Any dispute lasting any longer than 3 minutes must be settled by rock, paper, scissors.