Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 177
  1. #51
    n00b! Animators's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Codbarley still has yet to answer >_>

  2. #52
    DQ Member go_habs_go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Quebec
    Posts
    422

    Default

    yeah, invites are sent
    I'm super crazy... no arguing please

  3. #53
    DQ 1337 Member Paperback Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The United States of Antarctica
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Holy shit, Varth was able to open and deploy faster an I could - Must mimic.

  4. #54
    Apostolic Moderator
    One Time Chess Champion
    Varthonai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    I emerge triumphant from the scene of a 40-turn-long black-and-white massacre the likes of which haven't been seen since Schindler's List, preceded by a long and tense black-and-white standoff full of fail-deadly black-and-white traps the likes of which haven't been seen since Dr. Strangelove. DC was indeed a shifty and clever opponent in the opening and midgame. I pity his next opponent.

    http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=48557125
    Quote Originally Posted by C. S. Lewis
    When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

  5. #55
    DQ 1337 Member Paperback Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The United States of Antarctica
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    If fate decrees, Varth. I look forward to kicking your ass.

  6. #56
    DQ 1337 Member Sirrin Nacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    If you need to know I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Ready when you are Wadling.
    'All my followers shouldn't accept my teachers out of faith, but out of constant investigation.'

  7. #57
    NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    2,232

  8. #58
    n00b! Animators's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    29

    Default

    One day left for codbarley.

  9. #59
    NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Checkmate!

    Hey Sirrin, remember when I said I was terrible at chess?

    I lied.

    Spoiler for Chatlog:
    Wadling: Oh hey look there's a chat here

    Wadling: Sup dude

    SirrinNacht: Nothing much. How are you doing?

    Wadling: Pretty good, pretty good.

    Wadling: Just got rid of Mattbot, thank god.

    Wadling: I hate that guy

    Wadling: And am better than him at Chess

    Wadling: In fact I'm better than him at most things

    Wadling: And I'm not just saying this because I'm going to post the chat logs on DQ after

    Wadling: I SWEAR

    Wadling: Wait a minute... I just castled. This is a DQ Chess tournament...

    Wadling: DQ is largely based around the Castle series

    SirrinNacht: Haha, ok man.

    Wadling: OHMYGOD IT'S A CONSPIRACY

    SirrinNacht: Ah, the humor.

    Wadling: I can't help but think you're not taking this entirely seriously, Sirrin

    Wadling: Then again I could just be trying to distract you so that you make mistakes

    Wadling: But I can assure you I would never do anything like that

    Wadling: Ask anyone who knows me, I'm an honourable guy

    Wadling: Isn't that right, Matt, Vic, Becca, Andrew, Peter, Warren and Claire who will be reading this some time in the near future

    Wadling: They say yes, don't worry

    Wadling: You can trust me

    SirrinNacht: Don't worry dear, I can multitask.

    Wadling: I'm a moderator on the site, I would NEVER lead you astray

    Wadling: Good to hear, good to hear.

    Wadling: That move you're thinking of doing right now?

    Wadling: It's a bad idea

    Wadling: That other one's the way to go

    Wadling: Yeah, that one

    Wadling: Well. That was an ummm. An interesting move. Yeah... Interesting...

    Wadling: Okay that one genuinly screwed up my plans

    Wadling: I'm telling the truth

    Wadling: In case you weren't sure

    SirrinNacht: Mmmm.

    Wadling: Oh I wasn't taking so long because I was thinking by the way

    Wadling: I was just looking up The Riddler quotes to throw at you

    Wadling: Well, well. So the shaved monkey is failing. How utterly, utterly expected.

    Wadling: Oh snap, that had to hurt

    Wadling: Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't see that move...

    Wadling: Alright I'm gonna take some risks here

    Wadling: Don't screw this up for me, I have to show Mattbot up!

    Wadling: Checkmate!

    Wadling: Good game, good game

    SirrinNacht: Oh well. My rustiness got the better of me.

    SirrinNacht: Sorry I couldn't put up a better fight.

    Wadling: My advice would be to not take turns as quickly as you do, 'cuz I think you forgot about a lot of pieces, which lead to them either being undefended or simply not used

    Wadling: But yeah it's all about practice I guess, I hope you face Mattbot later and kick his ass

    SirrinNacht: Sorry I couldn't put up a better fight.

    SirrinNacht: Thanks for the advice. Also, there's something wrong with the chat on my end, which is why I posted the same message twice.


    Our chat was rather one sided
    Last edited by Wadling; November 19th, 2011 at 08:27 PM.

  10. #60
    DQ 1337 Member Sirrin Nacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    If you need to know I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    I was pretty sure you were being sarcastic when you said that. Saying it in all caps was kind of a red flag.
    'All my followers shouldn't accept my teachers out of faith, but out of constant investigation.'

  11. #61
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,724

    Default

    Awesomeness. I really wasn't expecting you guys to finish these games so quickly. This is awesome sauce.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax.

  12. #62
    DQ 1337 Member Sirrin Nacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    If you need to know I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wadling View Post

    Spoiler for Chatlog:
    Wadling: Oh hey look there's a chat here

    Wadling: Sup dude

    SirrinNacht: Nothing much. How are you doing?

    Wadling: Pretty good, pretty good.

    Wadling: Just got rid of Mattbot, thank god.

    Wadling: I hate that guy

    Wadling: And am better than him at Chess

    Wadling: In fact I'm better than him at most things

    Wadling: And I'm not just saying this because I'm going to post the chat logs on DQ after

    Wadling: I SWEAR

    Wadling: Wait a minute... I just castled. This is a DQ Chess tournament...

    Wadling: DQ is largely based around the Castle series

    SirrinNacht: Haha, ok man.

    Wadling: OHMYGOD IT'S A CONSPIRACY

    SirrinNacht: Ah, the humor.

    Wadling: I can't help but think you're not taking this entirely seriously, Sirrin

    Wadling: Then again I could just be trying to distract you so that you make mistakes

    Wadling: But I can assure you I would never do anything like that

    Wadling: Ask anyone who knows me, I'm an honourable guy

    Wadling: Isn't that right, Matt, Vic, Becca, Andrew, Peter, Warren and Claire who will be reading this some time in the near future

    Wadling: They say yes, don't worry

    Wadling: You can trust me

    SirrinNacht: Don't worry dear, I can multitask.

    Wadling: I'm a moderator on the site, I would NEVER lead you astray

    Wadling: Good to hear, good to hear.

    Wadling: That move you're thinking of doing right now?

    Wadling: It's a bad idea

    Wadling: That other one's the way to go

    Wadling: Yeah, that one

    Wadling: Well. That was an ummm. An interesting move. Yeah... Interesting...

    Wadling: Okay that one genuinly screwed up my plans

    Wadling: I'm telling the truth

    Wadling: In case you weren't sure

    SirrinNacht: Mmmm.

    Wadling: Oh I wasn't taking so long because I was thinking by the way

    Wadling: I was just looking up The Riddler quotes to throw at you

    Wadling: Well, well. So the shaved monkey is failing. How utterly, utterly expected.

    Wadling: Oh snap, that had to hurt

    Wadling: Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't see that move...

    Wadling: Alright I'm gonna take some risks here

    Wadling: Don't screw this up for me, I have to show Mattbot up!

    Wadling: Checkmate!

    Wadling: Good game, good game

    SirrinNacht: Oh well. My rustiness got the better of me.

    SirrinNacht: Sorry I couldn't put up a better fight.

    Wadling: My advice would be to not take turns as quickly as you do, 'cuz I think you forgot about a lot of pieces, which lead to them either being undefended or simply not used

    Wadling: But yeah it's all about practice I guess, I hope you face Mattbot later and kick his ass

    SirrinNacht: Sorry I couldn't put up a better fight.

    SirrinNacht: Thanks for the advice. Also, there's something wrong with the chat on my end, which is why I posted the same message twice.


    Our chat was rather one sided
    I'm a tad antisocial.
    'All my followers shouldn't accept my teachers out of faith, but out of constant investigation.'

  13. #63
    Ex-staff member Polo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrin Nacht View Post
    I'm a tad antisocial.
    *unsocial. I cannot stress this correction any further. If you were anti-social you would be seething at the mouth and trying to punch Will or something to that degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.
    Quote Originally Posted by codbarley View Post
    I mean, my brain is a real piece of work guys.

  14. #64
    DQ's Terminator Mattbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    I skimmed the chat, something about Vic being the Riddler. Makes sense when you think about it
    Deletionquality Chronicles Page 56

  15. #65
    DQ 1337 Member Sirrin Nacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    If you need to know I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    I suppose.
    'All my followers shouldn't accept my teachers out of faith, but out of constant investigation.'

  16. #66
    DQ 1337 Member Shinoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    This thread is pure platinum. I just love those chatlogs.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

  17. #67
    NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Polo challenged me to a game too, off the books you might say.

    http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=48589195

  18. #68
    Ex-staff member Polo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    It was quite thrilling.
    Chat log for funs:
    Spoiler for duedlyfirearms:
    poloxgs: lets try to reserve this chat for insults only
    Wadling: Okay, dickwad
    poloxgs: you willy-eyed pissant!
    poloxgs: oh fuck im freaking out here
    poloxgs: I'll be honest i have no idea what im doing here
    Wadling: You're freaking out already?
    poloxgs: yes
    Wadling: I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED KICKING YOUR ASS YET
    poloxgs: i am the worst
    poloxgs: i havent even started to get my ass kicked
    poloxgs: wat
    Wadling: CASTLED YEAH!
    poloxgs: quit... castling everywhere AFGHHG
    poloxgs: hey will, use your knight on that pawn please
    Wadling: I almost did
    Wadling: And then I was like
    Wadling: Waaaiiiit a minute
    poloxgs: YOU ARE THE WORST
    poloxgs: haha oaky fuck this im just going for it
    poloxgs: RAAAMBO
    Wadling: Yup, moving that pawn one space sure was Rambo of you
    poloxgs: i meant rambo in the sense that this is the game of chess, i shall rambo it
    poloxgs: but it will take a while before its clear im ramboing because i can only move one piece at a time
    Wadling: :3
    poloxgs: from my perspective, at least, i just rambo'd very hard. oh so very hard.
    Wadling: Alright I'll Rambo it a bit too
    poloxgs: oh god two spaces. ARE YOU MAD.
    Wadling: FIRST BLOOD
    poloxgs: hey you're trying to use my own pawn against me to allow your castle to nom up MY castle...
    poloxgs: I SHANT ALLOW IT
    poloxgs: maybe i shouldnt speak out loud
    poloxgs: *out text?
    Wadling: CURSES
    poloxgs: quit trying to weasel me out o' mah 'ole
    poloxgs: i didnt really want to end up moving backwards on the board for a second so touché
    poloxgs: uuuuuuuh fuck
    Wadling: Oh snap, that's right bro
    Wadling: Pawns can take other pawns like that
    Wadling: Did you know that?
    Wadling: YOU DO NOW!
    poloxgs: HOW
    poloxgs: IS THIS SOME KIND OF CHRISTIAN MAGIC?!
    poloxgs: you're en passant
    poloxgs: meant
    poloxgs: you're an pissant
    poloxgs: >: I
    Wadling: That heroic pawn
    poloxgs: AH FREAKING OUT NOW
    Wadling: AND THUS THE KNIGHT IS SAVED FROM THE PAWN
    poloxgs: THE BISHOP IS PISSED
    Wadling: Go ahead, Paul
    Wadling: Take the knight
    Wadling: Make
    Wadling: My
    Wadling: Day
    Wadling: Oh
    Wadling: Okay...
    poloxgs: BISHOPS ARE EXPENDABLE YOU KNOW THIS
    poloxgs: oh wait no they're not oh fuck
    Wadling: PAUL JUST ROLL OVER AND DIE ALREADY
    poloxgs: not without a fight!!
    poloxgs: stupid castle and porn... pawn defense
    poloxgs: STUPIDIDSF
    poloxgs: im pretty close to conceding here
    poloxgs: well that was just
    poloxgs: the worst move i have ever done
    poloxgs: amongst many
    poloxgs: Hah
    poloxgs: just like how your pawn becomes a queen on the other side of the board
    poloxgs: my knight becomes a useless piece of shit on your side of the board
    Wadling: The fuck is that knight doing
    Wadling: IT MATTERS NOT
    Wadling: CHECKMATE
    poloxgs: well played
    poloxgs: even i did get murdered


    (just in case the in-game chat does not show for you guys)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.
    Quote Originally Posted by codbarley View Post
    I mean, my brain is a real piece of work guys.

  19. #69
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,724

    Default

    More clarifications and improvements (because I suck at this):
    Added Round start date. Games are to start within 3 Days from round starting date. A match is to last no longer than one week from starting date.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax.

  20. #70
    DQ Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Serbia,Belgrade
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    It was quite thrilling.
    Chat log for funs:
    Spoiler for duedlyfirearms:
    poloxgs: lets try to reserve this chat for insults only
    Wadling: Okay, dickwad
    poloxgs: you willy-eyed pissant!
    poloxgs: oh fuck im freaking out here
    poloxgs: I'll be honest i have no idea what im doing here
    Wadling: You're freaking out already?
    poloxgs: yes
    Wadling: I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED KICKING YOUR ASS YET
    poloxgs: i am the worst
    poloxgs: i havent even started to get my ass kicked
    poloxgs: wat
    Wadling: CASTLED YEAH!
    poloxgs: quit... castling everywhere AFGHHG
    poloxgs: hey will, use your knight on that pawn please
    Wadling: I almost did
    Wadling: And then I was like
    Wadling: Waaaiiiit a minute
    poloxgs: YOU ARE THE WORST
    poloxgs: haha oaky fuck this im just going for it
    poloxgs: RAAAMBO
    Wadling: Yup, moving that pawn one space sure was Rambo of you
    poloxgs: i meant rambo in the sense that this is the game of chess, i shall rambo it
    poloxgs: but it will take a while before its clear im ramboing because i can only move one piece at a time
    Wadling: :3
    poloxgs: from my perspective, at least, i just rambo'd very hard. oh so very hard.
    Wadling: Alright I'll Rambo it a bit too
    poloxgs: oh god two spaces. ARE YOU MAD.
    Wadling: FIRST BLOOD
    poloxgs: hey you're trying to use my own pawn against me to allow your castle to nom up MY castle...
    poloxgs: I SHANT ALLOW IT
    poloxgs: maybe i shouldnt speak out loud
    poloxgs: *out text?
    Wadling: CURSES
    poloxgs: quit trying to weasel me out o' mah 'ole
    poloxgs: i didnt really want to end up moving backwards on the board for a second so touché
    poloxgs: uuuuuuuh fuck
    Wadling: Oh snap, that's right bro
    Wadling: Pawns can take other pawns like that
    Wadling: Did you know that?
    Wadling: YOU DO NOW!
    poloxgs: HOW
    poloxgs: IS THIS SOME KIND OF CHRISTIAN MAGIC?!
    poloxgs: you're en passant
    poloxgs: meant
    poloxgs: you're an pissant
    poloxgs: >: I
    Wadling: That heroic pawn
    poloxgs: AH FREAKING OUT NOW
    Wadling: AND THUS THE KNIGHT IS SAVED FROM THE PAWN
    poloxgs: THE BISHOP IS PISSED
    Wadling: Go ahead, Paul
    Wadling: Take the knight
    Wadling: Make
    Wadling: My
    Wadling: Day
    Wadling: Oh
    Wadling: Okay...
    poloxgs: BISHOPS ARE EXPENDABLE YOU KNOW THIS
    poloxgs: oh wait no they're not oh fuck
    Wadling: PAUL JUST ROLL OVER AND DIE ALREADY
    poloxgs: not without a fight!!
    poloxgs: stupid castle and porn... pawn defense
    poloxgs: STUPIDIDSF
    poloxgs: im pretty close to conceding here
    poloxgs: well that was just
    poloxgs: the worst move i have ever done
    poloxgs: amongst many
    poloxgs: Hah
    poloxgs: just like how your pawn becomes a queen on the other side of the board
    poloxgs: my knight becomes a useless piece of shit on your side of the board
    Wadling: The fuck is that knight doing
    Wadling: IT MATTERS NOT
    Wadling: CHECKMATE
    poloxgs: well played
    poloxgs: even i did get murdered


    (just in case the in-game chat does not show for you guys)
    You two forced me to cry XD
    Haven't played chess in years, I'll start to practice for the next tournament
    Shino let's play

  21. #71
    Ex-staff member Polo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=48597818

    Another off the tournament game. Strategy for this game was to threaten Varths king as much as possible, causing me to fuck up a lot. :3

    Spoiler for itkeepshappening:
    (10:29:49 AM) Paul: challenge sent out
    (10:29:55 AM) Paul: sausages cooked
    (10:29:56 AM) Paul: coffee to get
    10:30
    (10:30:01 AM) Paul: chess to endure
    (10:30:22 AM) Varthonai: :3
    (10:33:21 AM) Paul: shortest match i've ever had
    (10:33:40 AM) Paul: i made 2 moves started from the beginning of the game and got check mated
    (10:33:46 AM) Paul: by a level 2 computer
    (10:33:46 AM) Paul: :C
    (10:33:56 AM) Varthonai: :ha:
    10:35
    (10:35:42 AM) Paul: im WAAAAAIIITING
    (10:37:04 AM) Paul: oh wow im stupid
    (10:37:07 AM) Paul: so very stupid
    (10:37:12 AM) Paul: :x
    10:40
    (10:40:16 AM) Paul: and the moron reward goes to: paul
    (10:40:32 AM) Paul: if he could make it up onto stage without shitting his pants and hitting his head on the stairs
    (10:43:13 AM) Varthonai: :ha:
    (10:43:22 AM) Varthonai: s'cool bro
    (10:43:25 AM) Varthonai: thanks for playing :3
    10:45
    (10:46:55 AM) Paul: after zis
    (10:47:06 AM) Paul: after siz brutal manzlautherh
    (10:47:12 AM) Paul: i need to show you shit, nothing big
    (10:47:18 AM) Paul: musical shit... not my music
    (10:47:18 AM) Varthonai: ok
    (10:47:20 AM) Paul: but its still cool
    (10:47:27 AM) Varthonai: ossim
    (10:47:34 AM) Paul: quite screwing my plans over :C
    11:00
    (11:01:14 AM) Varthonai: goodness gracious, paul
    (11:01:17 AM) Varthonai: that was a master stroke
    (11:01:30 AM) Varthonai: you might win now
    (11:04:54 AM) Paul: .-.
    11:05
    (11:05:22 AM) Paul: my tactic for this game was to threaten your king as much as possible
    (11:07:49 AM) Varthonai: lost your chance
    (11:07:55 AM) Paul: snap.
    (11:08:55 AM) Paul: still, by having two rooks and a knight i can still pose a pretty nasty thread
    (11:08:59 AM) Paul: *threat
    (11:09:20 AM) Paul: oh you bastard
    11:15
    (11:16:02 AM) Varthonai: :3
    (11:17:00 AM) Paul: i really wish i knew what my master stroke was <:3
    (11:17:55 AM) Varthonai: taking my rook way back when
    (11:18:03 AM) Varthonai: you had an opportunity to take my other one too
    (11:18:13 AM) Varthonai: but you passed it up to threaten my king some more
    (11:18:15 AM) Paul: ah fuck freaking out here
    (11:18:29 AM) Paul: i needed him!!
    11:20
    (11:21:39 AM) Varthonai: long live the queen
    (11:21:56 AM) Paul: i like killing queenies twice
    (11:21:58 AM) Varthonai: the queen is dead
    (11:22:07 AM) Varthonai: shortest reign ever
    (11:22:07 AM) Paul: wait
    (11:22:32 AM) Paul: and now i am screweed
    (11:22:36 AM) Paul: i had to take your bait though
    (11:22:37 AM) Varthonai: :33
    (11:22:39 AM) Paul: it was dangerous bait
    11:25
    (11:25:05 AM) Paul: your rook is just raping all of my pieces
    (11:25:10 AM) Paul: this really isnt cool
    (11:25:24 AM) Varthonai: rape isn't… cool?
    (11:25:31 AM) Paul: oh no of course it is
    (11:25:34 AM) Varthonai: when did that happen
    (11:25:36 AM) Varthonai: oh good
    (11:26:07 AM) Paul: its just not cool when its happening to my pawns
    (11:26:22 AM) Paul: it was totally hot when you did it to my queen though
    (11:27:14 AM) Varthonai: oh ok
    (11:27:20 AM) Varthonai: I'll stop raping pawns then
    (11:27:25 AM) Varthonai: don't really need to anymore
    (11:27:34 AM) Paul: FORM A LINE
    (11:27:37 AM) Paul: fuuuuckj
    11:30
    (11:31:43 AM) Paul: well shit i might as well concede
    (11:31:47 AM) Paul: you can checkmate me now
    (11:32:09 AM) Varthonai: yurp
    (11:32:16 AM) Varthonai: s'what I'm tryin to do
    (11:32:23 AM) Paul: :3
    (11:32:27 AM) Paul: i lasted longer than i expected
    (11:33:17 AM) Paul: well
    (11:33:17 AM) Paul: GG
    (11:33:44 AM) Varthonai: indeed
    11:35
    (11:35:17 AM) Paul: just check mate me already ; - ;
    (11:35:33 AM) Varthonai: I have to get you to an edge first mate
    (11:35:47 AM) Paul: nah you can just put the rook and the queen next to one another
    (11:35:54 AM) Paul: while the king is at least 2 spaces away
    (11:35:58 AM) Paul: vertically speaking
    (11:36:39 AM) Paul: just move your rook to f3
    (11:36:49 AM) Paul: i won't take it <:3
    (11:36:55 AM) Paul: that would be incredibly superfluous of me
    (11:38:08 AM) Varthonai: of course not
    (11:38:12 AM) Paul: oh fine! do the corner thing
    (11:38:17 AM) Paul: >: [
    (11:38:53 AM) Varthonai: doesn't need to be a corner
    (11:38:56 AM) Varthonai: just an edge
    (11:39:04 AM) Varthonai: I can do it this turn
    (11:39:31 AM) Paul: DO THE FUCKING CORNER THING
    (11:39:44 AM) Varthonai: I DID THE CORNERY THING
    (11:39:49 AM) Paul: YOU FUCK YOU.
    (11:39:57 AM) Varthonai: I AM THE HEIR OF CORNER
    11:40
    (11:40:02 AM) Varthonai: IT'S ME
    (11:40:06 AM) Paul: and I am the turd of corner
    (11:40:17 AM) Paul: ew... just ew
    (11:40:23 AM) Paul: who went and took a shit in the corner of the battle field
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.
    Quote Originally Posted by codbarley View Post
    I mean, my brain is a real piece of work guys.

  22. #72
    Ex-staff member Polo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=48636792

    Another off-the-side chess match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aval View Post
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to make Madder praise the Beatles? I have been trying for three consecutive years to do that without success, but you managed it through the power of your wrongness. I'm kind of proud in a sick twisted way.
    Quote Originally Posted by codbarley View Post
    I mean, my brain is a real piece of work guys.

  23. #73
    Meow! DrunkCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,724

    Default

    Update, I've not received nor have seen posted Rockonman/Go_habs_go match. That means that there's a whole pairing up for grabs. To get this round done sooner rather than later, entry will open up to the first two players to finish a match with the title "DQ Round 1" and which adheres to all previously stated rules (ranked, 1day, standard). After Round 1, there will be no more changes to the entries.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax.

  24. #74
    DQ Member go_habs_go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Quebec
    Posts
    422

    Default

    we have started our match already, we both forgot to tell it i think :$
    I'm super crazy... no arguing please

  25. #75
    DQ 1337 Member Sirrin Nacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    If you need to know I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wadling View Post
    MY GAME HAS BEEN ABORTED BY ONE OF THE PLAYERS AND SEEING AS I DIDN'T DO IT I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT SIRRIN NACHT HAS FORFEITED IN THE FACE OF EXTREME DANGER! I WIN!
    What the fudge? I didn't abort that game either. That game was already aborted when I first saw it.
    'All my followers shouldn't accept my teachers out of faith, but out of constant investigation.'

Similar Threads

  1. [GAME] [C.SE] Vs [DQ] Game Tournament
    By Yurlyn in forum DQ Entertainment Zone
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: December 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM
  2. [ART]chess thingy
    By cyberprojects in forum Showoff
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 7th, 2007, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •