(L) codbarley - Varthonai (W)
    (W) DrunkCat - go_habs_go (L)
    (L) Rockonman - SirrinNacht (W)
    Hyperion - Animators

Round 2 (Nov. 29)
    (L) Varthonai - Wadling (W)
    (L) go_habs_go - Paperback Writer (W)
    (W) DrunkCat - codbarley (L)
    (W) SirrinNacht - Hyperion [replacing Mattbot] (L)
    (L) Animators - Rockonman (L) [Game Forfeited By Both Parties]

Round 1 (Nov. 18)
    (L) Mattbot - Paperback Writer (W)
    (W) Varthonai - DrunkCat (L)
    (W) Wadling - SirrinNacht (L)
    (W) go_habs_go - Rockonman (L)
    (W) codbarley - Animators (L)

Alrighty kiddies, this is what the D10 determined to be the first round. These are the rules so far.

We're gonna be playing regular round-robin chess rules. A win is 1 points, a loss is 0 and a tie is 0.5. Everyone plays everyone, with each succeeding round having pairings done by current standings.

Players on the left are to play White, players on the right are to play Black.

To create your match go here: http://www.chess.com/echess/create_game.html

MANDATORY RULES:
    • Standard Chess
    • 1 Day Per Move
    • Rated Game

Just to clarify: Chess.com works like correspondence chess. Once you start a game, each opponent has a set time allowance to make their move. Once that player has made their move, their time clock resets, and the opponents clock begins to tick down. With the above "1 Day per Move" this basically translates to having 24 hours to make your move, or else forfeit the match. Once you make your move, your opponent will have 24 hours to respond. Then when he makes his move, you will have another 24 hours to respond.

After creating it either PM me the link to the game (e.g. http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=48538133) and I will hook it up to the match-ups above.

The pairs will be responsible for the match. Everyone has three days from today to start their game or get 0 points. You will have one week from the time your match starts. If time runs out with no winner, both players will be awarded 0 points.

Whelp, I think that's all for now. Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kept for legacy purposes
    That's right! If you know what a knight is, and know how to castle then feel free to sign-up! If you don't, that's alright too, padding never hurt any tournament.

So, to the chase. We'll be using Chess.com for this tournament, so if you don't already have an account with them consider signing up. The site is pretty good except for the in your face "PAY US MORE MONEY FOR REAL FEATURES".

Anywho, those interested please make an explicit post stating so below. I'll keep this first post updated with those who have entered. I'm thinking round-robin style tournament so everyone will play everyone twice, once as white and once as black.

Entries will be open for one week from today or when ten players sign up; which ever comes first. So get to it!
    Last edited by DrunkCat; January 22nd, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax.

Sign me up!

What if you know both of those things but can only play reactionary chess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    why the fuck can i never find what I'm after this is so gay

I'll do it. Creating my account now. The username is Rockonman1 - pretty original there, but hey, it works.
    DQ's medical advisor.
    "What is food to one is to others bitter poison" - Titus Lucretius Carus

sign me up (hope i'll be suited for it since i live in canada and you live in the east of the world...)
    I'm super crazy... no arguing please

South Florida is considered the east? And it'll be correspondence chess. Sparring parties will be responsible for the match.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

I'm on the west coast, so yea, it will have to be correspondence chess.
    DQ's medical advisor.

I used to play chess quite frequently many years ago and I was pretty good. I'm very rusty at this point though.
    Anyway, this looks like a good opportunity to get back in practice. I might get whupped a few times, but I'll learn along the way.

So sign me up. My account name is SirrinNacht.
    'All my followers shouldn't accept my teachers out of faith, but out of constant investigation.'

Hmmm... Don't know if I should sign or not.
    Knowledge is power - and power is hilarious

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

I AM TERRIBLE AT CHESS AND SO I WILL SIGN UP!

I'm also terrible at chess but want to prove that I am slightly less terrible than Wadling so sign me up :3
    Deletionquality Chronicles Page 65

DQ 1337 Member Paperback Writer's Avatar

Time is a problem, hell I'm a casual player anyway.

Hope its on a weekend. I haz school and sleep.

If so, Sign me the FUCK up!

Had a chess club in high school. I was the 3rd top player :3

Yup, I'm that much of a loser that I can't even get #1 in a high school chess club...

Alright! Amazing, we got 10 people in less than a day. :3

Alright you guys, I'll be drafting up the rules of the tournament and how it's going to play out. I'm going to be rolling D10s to determine initial match-up. Check back to see the match-ups. I'll be PM'ing everyone their opponent.

if it'S not too late i will be able to play

hope you will keep that in mind with the one i'll be playing against.
    I'm super crazy... no arguing please

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Alright! Amazing, we got 10 people in less than a day. :3

Alright you guys, I'll be drafting up the rules of the tournament and how it's going to play out. I'm going to be rolling D10s to determine initial match-up. Check back to see the match-ups. I'll be PM'ing everyone their opponent.
    Could you tell us who's who on the chess site?
    DQ's medical advisor.

That would've been helpful for me to have required to start with. Sorry about that, but don't worry, I made a specific provision to protect me:
    The pairs will be responsible for the match.
    Seriously though as soon as I find out I'll make the Standing names link to the player's profile on Chess.com

I HAVE CHALLENGED THE LEGENDARY SIRRIN NACHT AND UPDATED THE FIRST POST TO INCLUDE A LINK TO OUR GAME. SURELY THIS IS A CLASH OF THE TITANS!

What the cunt, I did mean I couldn't effectively play because of the somewhat tight schedule I have. Very well though, if by chance we could do this then let us proceed. If not, then just disqualify me all the same.

And give Matt an easy win? Hmmph. HMMPH I SAY!

Apostolic Moderator
    One Time Chess Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    What the cunt, I did mean I couldn't effectively play because of the somewhat tight schedule I have. Very well though, if by chance we could do this then let us proceed. If not, then just disqualify me all the same.
    In my experience it is rare for a game to take more than 45 minutes if both players do it all in one sitting. People with tight schedules, PM your opponent and arrange times. I am fairly confident all of you can manage to find, if not one period of 45 minutes' worth of free time, then at least a few periods of 15 minutes' free time over three consecutive days. As long as you don't go 24 hours between moves you're golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by C. S. Lewis
    When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

USERNAME ZHALYO ONLINE.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadling View Post
    And give Matt an easy win? Hmmph. HMMPH I SAY!
    How does it feel all the way down there in spot 03 Will?

And why the hell is the crown not the king? CURSES!!!
    Last edited by Mattbot; November 18th, 2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Deletionquality Chronicles Page 65

MY GAME HAS BEEN ABORTED BY ONE OF THE PLAYERS AND SEEING AS I DIDN'T DO IT I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT SIRRIN NACHT HAS FORFEITED IN THE FACE OF EXTREME DANGER! I WIN!

I've changed the mandatory rules to be only "Ranked" games. I realize that if this is going to be a more than once affair, it'll be helpful to have some sort of ranking to make the tournaments more enjoyable.