Register
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

Marc heard Angel's cry and the roar of his engine, and frowned. "Perhaps I am mistaken," he said. "Do with the radio as you will."

part two in progress
    current update: save the cat that you maimed

Thorsten smiled at Angel's brief display, before slotting his iPod into the Honda's dock. Propane Nightmares blasted out of the stereo as he revved the car again.

He threw the car into gear, before slamming down on the accelerator. It leapt out of is starting position, trailing close behind Angel.

Arlaen grinned with excitement as she opened the throttle, the bike leaping forward and down the ramp after Angel. Her hair flashed in the sunlight for a brief moment before turning black, her eyes turning a bright hazel. She felt her chest swell and she let out an excited peal of laughter as she caught up to Angel, riding just behind him to his left.

"So what's the plan?" she said into the mic.
    Sometimes, the hardest part of being alive is learning how to live.

I'm a level 22 Buttbuttin Killing_Time's Avatar

Villa heard the now only faint roars behind her, having already reached her first rooftop she quickly scanned the cityscape before her. The area which the base was placed in was not one she was particularly familiar with but she knew where she was going and now had an idea of how to reach her destination.
    “Alright guys, The PDA’s are all automatically set to this conference by private satellite (HELL YEAH!) you can pick out a specific team member or other phone number by voice command. The headsets also have a separate function as a short range interpersonal radio incase we lose signal in a tunnel or something.”
    Villa appreciated the voice command. She didn't exactly feel like having to fiddle about with the machinery too much.
    "Angel," Villa commanded the headset. She heard a short blip as the headset dropped out of the conversation and entered a new "You got a plan I assume."

As the team shot down the highway away from the hanger, the exit began to close and revert back to the wall of windows that had been there before.

Angel spun his bike onto the hard shoulder to avoid an approaching traffic jam, his mind kept pacing back to his earlier actions questioning the drunken wisdom of him giving a gun to Ryan, he doubted that Ryan would need to use it during the rescue given what Angel had planned for him, he'd have the gun back before there was any reason to fire it. But then what if he wasn't present at the time? Angel paused and answered his teams questions.

“Well I‘ll need to see the situation first hand before I finalize a game plan. From what I could gather from the news report, we should first clear en los alrededores of civilians, we‘ll also need to deal with those heavy gunners on the upper floors, I reckon their numbers are around the twenties. Marc, have you got anything in the area that can give us a heads up on what we‘re dealing with?”
    Last edited by Mattbot; August 27th, 2010 at 10:45 PM.

The main problem with the float-chair was momentum. It took a while to get up to speed, and then you were in trouble if you needed to stop or change direction.

Gish was accelerating as fast as she dared and was already starting to fall behind a little.

“I am afraid my float-chair was not built for speed,” Gish said into the headset. “I think you should plan for me arriving a little after you.”
    Creator of overly complex costume backstories.

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

"I disagree. The last thing we need to do is let them become aware that someone is becoming involved."
    Last edited by Aval; May 7th, 2010 at 06:35 PM.

Apostolic Moderator Diplomacy Domination VictoryOne Time Chess ChampionDiplomacy Domination Victory Varthonai's Avatar

Marc had been taking another deep swig of tea when his ambassador's severed head picked up Angel's voice coming out of Ryan and Ian's PDAs, so he delicately put down his tea again and focused his awareness to all his tiny scouts and spies in the area. Marc's bigger and more powerful infantry (mostly humans and dogs) tended to stay within the confines of the Princedom--but his tiny spies, his mice and rats and bats that numbered in the tens of thousands, were spread more evenly around the city. Marc had hundreds of creatures within range of the crime scene that could answer his call.

"Already searched, Angel," called Marc's head. "I count twenty-five hostiles spread out across four floors. Guards at the bottom, heavy gunners on the second, more guards on the third, hostages on the fourth. There're also some hidden civilians who haven't been taken hostage trapped on the third floor... some of them look as if they've been injured in a crossfire, a shootout between the police outside and the gunners, perhaps? The hostiles' ultimate objective would appear to be a large fourth-floor safe. Smells like... C4 plastic explosive they're using. Possibly Semtex, but more likely C4."

part two in progress

Angel ran the information through his head and went over various tactics, dismissing most of them as a risk to the hostages on the forth floor. He began going over his teams strengths and uses in this situation. Ryan would be perfect if they could get him onto the forth floor, his invincibility factor maybe able to save hostage lives if the men got pushed to far. Angel could get them both up there but he’d need to find away to take down any men that caught them without drawing attention. He quickly glanced over Springer and Marc and how he could use them effectively however this would require some killing to work. Angel struggled with his mind for a moment, he had always been against killing people ever since he avenged his father, however deaths were going to be inevitable in this situation, better it be the guilty than the innocent and this way he would be able to keep the death toll far smaller than if they had just stormed the building.

The Orion building was now in sight, it was a large tower made of beautiful stone architecture, most of the windows on the lower levels were broken, pieces of documents and curtains swept out of them and inside Angel could just make out the flicker of broken lights. Around this building lay complete disaster, cars and vans lay as smoldering wrecks and what was left of the police force were scattered around loosely cowering behind whatever cover they had, further back was a group of ambulances that were tending to a few wounded civilians and cops who had been dragged from the earlier gunfight.

Angel called the team to a stop a few buildings away from the scene. He stepped of his bike and singled out Villa. “Springer, how close are you to the Orion building? Meet us a few buildings down Coal street, we shouldn‘t be hard to miss.”

The Honda screeched to a halt near the ambulances and Thorsten stepped out and locked it behind him.

He tuned his new earpiece into one of his company's many frequencies, to see is any of his operatives were nearby.

"Thorsten calling all stations, anyone nearby?"

After a moment of static, he was rewarded with a new voice on his headset.

"Call-sign Archer reporting in. Situations bad up on the top floor Thunder, I count ten hostages and at least three terrorists. I can probably defuse the situation if-"

"Hold your fire Archer, I'm not the only one approaching today. If you see any strange looking individuals, do not shoot them, no matter what they appear to be doing. I'll signal you if I want anyone to disappear."

"Roger that Thunder, holding position"

Thorsten smiled. Gabriel 'Archer' McNamara sure knew how to do his job.

He approached Angel, donning a pair of sunglasses he kept in his inside pocket. These did more than block the sun, they were also a handy heads-up-display. The gamer in him orgasmed when he wore them, he always admired how well he designed some of his stuff.

"Angel, I have a sniper posted on that rooftop there."

He pointed.

"He's been ordered to keep a low profile unless the situation calls for it. I assume we're walking straight in the front door?"

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

"And I thought I was supposed to be the unstable one" Felix laughed at Thorsten, stepping out of the car after turning off the radio and fitting his mask on "Surely we can't walk in the front door, they've got hostages. I was almost certain we were meant to keep them alive. Plus aren't there police around? I don't do well with police, and they'll be all over the entrance."

"Well, let's look at it this way. Either they kill them and I fry 'em, or they let them live and I fry 'em less. Either way, they're gonna have a very bad day."

NON-NEGOTIABLE ENJOYMENT! Wadling's Avatar

"Hah!" Felix grinned "And here I had you pinned as the business type, all work and no play. You're not so bad, Electro."

Arlaen slid her bike to the side, parking it beside Angel's. She put the kickstand down and sat on the padded leather seat, watching and listening.

"I'm not sure what I can do in this situation, but I can control anyone's emotions within a ten-yard radius. I don't know if that will help any, but I thought I would let you know."

Marc picked up his ambassador's head and stepped out of the Ford as well, scowling at Felix and mildly put off by Thorsten's bravado.

"Unless Angel tells you to, I don't think you'll be 'frying' anyone, mon ami." said Marc. "His plan will be to minimize casualties."

Or so he told me, Marc reflected. Now we shall see... just how competent our drunken leader can be.

part two in progress

Villa saw the building from a rooftop a bit away from the Orion building, waiting for the others to approach. She had found a building she could easily jump down from as Angel called her: “Springer, how close are you to the Orion building? Meet us a few buildings down Coal street, we shouldn‘t be hard to miss.”
    She looked down and saw Angel and the team. "I'm already here"
    She jumped down and landed by Angel's bike with a powerful slam, her legs and arms in an unnatural arrangement which took most of the impact. As she stood up her limbs went back in position. She did not like to look unnatural at street-level. She checked the PDA was still safely stored away then looked expectant at Angel. "You better have some sort of plan by now."

Angel pulled out a large sniper rifle with a heavily modified scope from the back of his bike and trained it on the building, he counted 10 men on the bottom floor who were well dug in, above them lay 5 more men all armed with heavy support weapons, on the third floor he could just about make out the other 5 men patrolling the level and watching the police barricade below. He was unable to see clearly into the forth floor, he could only guess that the other 5 were up there. He turned back to the team as Springer leaped down beside them.

“Ok, our first priority should be the safety of the hostages. Ryan, if we can get you amongst them can you get the crooks to use you as the bargaining chip if they get a little frantic?”

“Yeah, I think I could do that.” The man replied nervously

“hombre bueno. I’ll also need Wanderer with me so we can deal with the situation up there and to stop any of the police from trying to prevent us from running over to the building. Springer, I‘m going to need you to cover us as we scale the walls.” He paused for a second and took another swig of a now refilled flask to help him through this “I‘m going to need you to take out anyone that may notice us, try and make the shot unnoticeable, Marc will then have to resurrect them and have them continue their duty so as not to alert anyone else. Once we‘re at the forth floor I will need a distraction so that Ryan can sneak in amongst the crowd of hostages, nothing to obvious though we can’t risk alerting the men inside to our presence. Any suggestions?”

The ambassadors head chirped up “I think I have the distraction you need.”

“Good to hear Marc. once Ryan‘s in place me and Arlaen will clear out the third floor and secure any civilians, we will then make our way to the forth and deal with those on that floor. Once these floors have been secured we can focus on the lower two. I'll call you on the headset when I need you to act. You guys cool with this?”
    Last edited by Mattbot; May 9th, 2010 at 01:27 PM.

"So a stealth mission," Villa concluded. She could probably do it, but she was more the type for blasting her way through rather than cover others from the shadows. She hoped there would be more time to organize some plan layouts after this mission. "How do I get inside soon enough to be in position to cover you?"

(Whoops I missed this part out of my previous post)

Angel handed the rifle over to her and an extra clip of shells and a silencer. “You won‘t need to get inside, with this rifle you should be able to cover us from a safe distance without being noticed.”

Villa's expression did not give away much though her eyes behind the mask frowned. No close combat, at all? she thought to herself. She took the rifle. "I'll keep in contact over the PDA and take position from a place I can see you." She then leaped upwards and grabbed onto a windowsill from which she crawled further up and onto the roof.

i am 12 and wat is this? Diplomacy Domination Victory Aval's Avatar

Ryan left his gun in the car. With this plan it was sounding more and more redundant. His heart was beating hard and fast in anticipation, and his hands were shaking slightly. He was literally going to place himself at the centre of a hostage situation. His awareness was tinged slightly with adrenaline.
    Last edited by Aval; May 9th, 2010 at 02:44 PM.

With Springer now in position Angel called the Wanderer and Ryan over to the front of the group. He noticed that Ryan had left his rifle inside the car. That removed his concern over Ryan harming anyone but that was now pointless as he had just given the go for Villa Springer to kill. He reached into his bike and pulled out another rifle, this one resembling a harpoon gun. Angel locked up his bike before addressing the team.

“Wanderer, Ryan, your with me. Marc you stay ready to act. everyone else, circle the lower floor, look for possible ways to enter around behind the main group at the entrance and stay alert for when I need you to act.” Angel made his way down the street towards the broken and near unmanned barricade sticking close to the buildings on his left so as to remain in the shadows, in close tow were Arlaen and Ryan.
    Last edited by Mattbot; May 9th, 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Gish listened anxiously through the headset as plans were made. She really needed to get more confident maneuvering her float-chair at higher speeds or needed to find some faster mode of transportation.

“I should be there in a few minutes,” Gish said into the headset. “But I should warn you that I seem to have been attracting a good deal of attention on the way.”
    Creator of overly complex costume backstories.

Name: Steven Grey

Sex: Male

Personality: A strict, prejudice, and corrupt man. Or so how the public perceive him. In person he is a somewhat assertive, easy-going and disjointed man, who perhaps gives into bribes too easily. While some of his closest cabinet members would perceive him as eccentric, others would see him as an extremely dangerous person.

Despite being old, he has a sense of youth about him, as if he sees himself to be younger in his mind. Often there is controversy that he is fit for a leader, often acting far from the part of being a senator, and more like a hedonist.

He is also said to be an insomniac, some say it's what leads to his very bizarre personality. And yet, despite all this he is still able to run and maintain his position of being a senator, which has lead people to believe he is holding his position through some form of established fear.

He also likes to collect various swords, ranging from medieval broadswords to modern day Katanas.

His religious beliefs are presumably Roman Catholic.

Enjoys curries and long walks at night.

Transport: Often by vehicles such as a limo.

Ability and Equipment: Rumoured to have some form of mind control technique which has lead him to raise up to his position in power.

Often said to carry daggers on him, hidden amongst his clothes for self defence.

Appearance: 6 foot, Shoulder Length grey haired man. Wears square glasses, and is often seen wearing metal encased boots. Wears a black blazer, amongst his other formal clothing, with white stitches running through the seams.

Biography: Information not available. Rumoured to have been an orphan after his parents were killed in an accident between super-humans.

Anything Else
    : Dislikes formal dues. Loves toffee. Known to work-out. Also likes closets, and often seen stuffing his cabinet members into one. Possibly a metaphor for homosexuality.
    Last edited by Polo; May 13th, 2010 at 09:08 PM.

Arlaen followed Angel and whispered into the headset, "D-Do we really need sniper cover? I don't want anyone to get k-killed...I can handle anyone who t-tries to stop us..."

She felt fear rising up within her, making her stutter slightly. She didn't want any more people harmed. Just glancing back at the ambulance vehicles made her uneasy. She quickly pushed away her emotions and focused at the task at hand.