Register

Default Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Review

After playing Bad Company 2 straight since the release date, my review might be a bit biased, please, give me your comments about it and criticism. Thanks.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 was released 2nd of March, 2010. The game was released by EA and uses the updated DICE, Frostbite engine which allows you to take down entire buildings, which I can tell you myself, completely changes the game. One minute you and your entire squad could be held up in an entire house, taking out the enemies that make it past the first line, next thing you know there could be a helicopter that comes in and bombs your house and you hear the warning, the sounds of the bottom of a build failing, so you jump out the window and parachute to safety while two of your squad mates aren't so lucky.

The Game-play.

While most people are comparing the game play to Modern Warfare 2. Please don't do that, this is an entire different game, Bad Company 2 has the biggest and most epic maps I've ever seen. Although the spawn killing gets out of hand if you use the squad re-spawn too much, the game-play is both sharp and epic.

At the start of each game and re-spawn you have the choice of choosing either the Medic, the main healer, who can revive people during game-play or lay down a med pack if someone isn't feeling so hot but isn't dead yet. but also the medic has the effective light machine gun.

Or you could choose the Assault, who brings out the assault rifle with, you guessed it, Noob-Tubes! Although you can get a few other Noob-Tubes they don't change drastically. The Assault is in and out faster then you can say, where'd my sniper go? The Assault can easily make a break in enemy lines and push into the main sniper pit and send them all crying, then he can let his team spawn on him, there you have four people behind enemy lines. The Assault has one more surprise, he can drop down ammo-packs, that's right, ammo-packs, in this game if you survive for a while, and get a lot of kills you're bound to run out of ammo, the Assault helps with that.

Another powerful asset to the team is the engineer, or what I usually call the anti-tank. As if running around with a screw driver, and twisting peoples fast around isn't enough, he also gets the usually silenced sub-machine guns, Also, he gets fucking rockets! Rockets! Already sound good? Well if a tank is a bit too close for comfort he could either blow the hell out of it, or he can run up and dissemble the wheels or something and again, blow the hell out of it. The screw driver also has another purpose, he can easily repair allied tanks, giving an unstoppable force to any tank with an engineer follower.

The last, but not least is the Recon, or more formally known, as the sniper. The sniper is almost always dressed up in a spiffy ghillie suit, so he can easily hide in a little bush or something, but he also gets either C4 packs, which can easily bring down a building or tank, but another thing is, MOTOR STRIKES! Yes, motor strikes, believe me they are awesome, you take out these little binocular things and you zoom in, quite a bit and target any place you like, then rain hells down upon your enemies! MUHAHAHAHAHA! Anyways, the sniper is must if you want someone covering your ass so no one comes up behind you and knifes you in the face.

Those are the four classes you choose from, the game-play itself during the match is amazing, it's not like those other first-person shooters, you really feel a need to survive, in this game camping is not frowned upon. During a game there is many different vehicles, there are the ski-do, the battle boat, four different types of helicopters, five different types of tanks, the transport (which holds four people, it has a machine gun on the top and goes FAST!), the jeep, the ATV, and the Humvee.

There are only three variants, The first variant is squad death match, where it is 4 v 4 v 4 v 4, You are in little squads and first squad to make it to 50 kills wins, In this variant you NEED to stay to together, or winning is just a dream. Second there is Conquest, which sounds like a big one, but is not, it's set in the medium maps, and it is up to 11 v 11. In conquest, each team starts with 100 re-spawns, if you get killed and re-spawn, you lose a re-spawn ticket, and the first team without any re-spawns left, loses. last but definitely not least, is Rush mode, Rush mode has HUGE maps, The map is split into 4-6 different parts. You are either a defender or an attacker, as the defender you defend two m-com stations containing enemy intelligence, if the attackers set a charge on one of them you can defuse it. As the attacker, you do anything necessary to blow up the m-com stations by either setting a timed charge, blowing the hell out of it, or if it's in a building, blow the building up. if both m-com stations are lost, the map moves back 1 spot and there are two more m-com stations, the game is over if the attackers run out of re-spawn tickets (they start with 100 and if they take two m-com stations they regain their tickets back up to 75), or all the m-com stations are destroyed.

One last thing i'd like to talk about, before I end this ramble. Is the specializations, there are three different spots to put your specs at, all the different sockets, give you different Specs, the first Spec slot gives you something like a new aimer for your gun, like an red dot sight, or it will give you new equipment, like light weight or more ammo. The second one is for your class only, the second one is hard to unlock stuff for, one thing I can tell you right away, is armor improvement, another thing is improved accuracy. stuff like that. And last but not least, is the vehicle Specs, you can put lots of different vehicle specs on, there's secondary weapons, even C4 and warhead resistance.

Game-play score: 9.5/10 I really think this game deserves 9.5 because the feeling of being in an actual war, coupled with the fact that team work is essential, has a amazing feel.

Graphics

The Graphics in this game are really dynamic, they are smooth but have a little bit of sharpness to them, the blowing up of building mechanics are amazing, I love it, and the overall realism blows my mind, I'm not gonna ramble on about the graphics like I did in game-play, because it's simple, nothing too amazing, doesn't beat Modern Warfare in over all plain graphics, but the mechanics are better then Modern Warfare.

Graphics 7.5/10 The graphics are sweet but don't really have that amazing feel to them, though the mechanics bring the score up quite a bit.

Sound

The sounds in this game, are near perfect, The sounds of an explosion sounds real, the sounds of a building toppling over sounds real, the sounds of all the guns sound real, hell, the sounds of you getting shot in the leg sounds real. I can really tell you much about this because I don't really know about sound that much, but if you put on ear phones, it does sound a lot like you are in a war movie.

Sound: 8/10 Again, i'm no expert on sound, but to me, it sounded appealing.

Overall score: 8.5/10 I'm telling you, this is a must-buy I love it, I love it, I love it! It's really good, I think it's better then Modern Warfare 2, Thanks for reading, and please, be truthful about my writing, thanks.

Korea, a wonderful place full of smog, exhaust, and, annoyingly skinny people...

it sounds like Battlefield was fused together with Wolfenstein:Enemy territory

I really want to get this, and I have the money, but alas. My parents are bitches about it.

good article overall
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Home of The Redhand (Stick Kombat) and Asylum Series. Check us out

The PS3 lag, the PS3 lag. Dice, no patch and i'm coming to do damage.
    "Bitches wit they own shit, we don' like golddiggers."
    -Bryson Tiller

I haven't really experienced lag with the PS3 version yet.

Probably not on 100 mb/s.
    -Bryson Tiller

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMagnum View Post
    The PS3 lag, the PS3 lag. Dice, no patch and i'm coming to do damage.
    They're making new servers, that's why. Be happy, because without that you wouldn't play another match on that thing.
    They underestimated their fan count. They didn't expect so many people to have this game, so they made around 6,000 servers, meant for the hundreds of thousands. Not the millions. Now they're way behind on them.

@Tobu:
    So you didn't buy the game on release, no? Usually it takes a little before you really notice it that much. It gets damn annoying....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evilmidget View Post
    They're making new servers, that's why. Be happy, because without that you wouldn't play another match on that thing.
    Thank God, don't have to go rampage on their office with a baseball bat.
    -Bryson Tiller

DQ 1337 Member Paperback Writer's Avatar

I think sound should've scored a 10 or at least a 9. I mean, have you guys listened closely to the background and notice it's not ambient noise at all..? It's the players who make those sounds.

Its cool game...But what do you think will be bad company 3 ?
    IN FLASH WE TRUST !!!

I started playing it yeah, Its great. Ps3 due to bad WiFi for other people, it lags bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil>:3 View Post
    Its cool game...But what do you think will be bad company 3 ?
    There won't. Next is Battlefield 3, PC only. Nothing to do with BC.

I still don't know what the Limited Edition does

I got the PC version, And it's a great game but the little things bug the living daylights out of me.
    I have to say this game is more like bf2 then cod6.

Quote Originally Posted by DataaX View Post
    I still don't know what the Limited Edition does
    You get a free VIP code until April 2011.
    It gets you map packs and such for free.

Is this game good for xbox 360? i because i'll buy it soon...

Damn, now I have to decide whether to buy this or RDR but considering what some of you guys have said about the PS3 lag I think I might wait until thats been settled.

@ grunbr: Yeah dude this games out for the 360.
    "Whats to understand about 'SWISH, SWISH, STAB'? Its a sword, dude, not a fighter jet."

Quote Originally Posted by jman1234 View Post
    @ grunbr: Yeah dude this games out for the 360.

He's asking if its good!.

To tell you the trust i have no idea my self. I can't get any of my Xbox controllers to work with it. So ether the game doesn't like 3rd party, or they didnt port the controls. even if i they did work it's not really like playing on the Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    I think sound should've scored a 10 or at least a 9. I mean, have you guys listened closely to the background and notice it's not ambient noise at all..? It's the players who make those sounds.
    I agree!

I also love the power of the sounds, it actually sounds like real guns and explosions! Just ask my subwoofer!
    You can really hear the difference when you compare it to MW2.