PDA

View Full Version : More art - Lloyd, poster?

Oscar
October 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hey all,

http://deletionquality.net/art

Right – I've been spending all day on this picture. Finally made a non-stick version of Lloyd how I'm thinking he would look. I made another version but never got around uploading it, see my post below. I used Painter for sketch, outlines, paint and then moved onto Photoshop where after-effects were put in. Also used 3d-studio Max for the background.

Now I'm wondering, would anyone be interested in purchasing this as a poster? It's made in high resolution optimal for printing out(300 dpi) on an A3, or smaller if desired. If not feel free to come up with ideas of something you actually would want hanging on your wall, because I feel that would be incredibly cool.

Let me know what you think and see you around the forums :)
- Oscar Johansson

Oscar
October 12th, 2009, 08:23 PM
http://admin.deletionquality.net/dump/lloyd_draft.jpg
Here's that first version. Just stopped working on for some reason.

http://admin.deletionquality.net/dump/lloyd_2.jpg
Close up on torso/face

http://admin.deletionquality.net/dump/lloyd_3.jpg
A poster would be something like this. With text of something not yet decided :banjo:

...I'm not telling you!
October 12th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Ahhh! Nice picture! The armour reminds me of snake from G.I Joe. I love the shading, and the coloring...the face looks slightly crooked and bent in odd way on the right half of his face...and his expression is slightly frightening :P. Again I love the shading. I don't like the idea of Lloyd having a ponytail though :incazzato:!
His left foot looks like it's about to slip, cos' it's bent a bit to slightly to one side. Other than that, I like the pic. Nice work Johansson.

Razgriz
October 12th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I'm no critic.

The art itself is awesome. I like his suit. Personal opinion, I don't like the hair you gave him but then again, you created Lloyd so you are free to make him as you see fit.

Will wait for the other version.

Kenneth
October 12th, 2009, 08:38 PM
OMG, OMG, OMG...

That's weird. He doesn't have long hair in the Series. :D

Brilliantly done. Like the armour too.

username
October 12th, 2009, 08:40 PM
hmm....ya. im not much of a critic either..but...the ponytail, not feelin' it.
but, it IS an amazingly brilliant piece.
but, ya. i can see myself buying that :D

Cajolocs
October 12th, 2009, 08:44 PM
How much for it?
:D

But overall, a very fine pice of art. :thumbsup:

Keep on the excelent work Osc.

Razgriz
October 12th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Saw the update.

Hm, for the text area why not put in his name and a quote. Just a suggestion.

The close-up view is good as it is. We can see more details on his face. Looking at it now, it's like some comic-book cover. =3

For the first version - Somehow, his body movement feels awkward... To me.

I might consider buying a poster, no guarantees...

Oscar
October 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys <3. I could possibly cut the ponytail for a poster I guess :P Tried to avoid the cliché shaved head/longer shoulder hair

jman1234
October 12th, 2009, 08:48 PM
*falls off chair*

*THUD*

D: omg im speachless.... those are just awesome.....

yeah the ponytail kinda didnt make it as great but still... wow

Cajolocs
October 12th, 2009, 08:50 PM
The face looks somehow "strange"; principaly on the eyes.
About his eyebrows, it looks like his somesort of mix between the everyday seen human and the Neadentharl (or the ice age caveman)

Razgriz
October 12th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Hm, if the ponytail stays longer - Who knows, maybe it will stick and be a burned image in our minds? We look at the man in the poster and exclaim, "This GUY is LLOYD, no doubt about that."

username
October 12th, 2009, 08:52 PM
im making it my desktop background.
(the one where hes chopping that head off)
:thumbsup:
ya know.......i never really pictured him like that.
but compared to what i was thinking; this shrinks it ten-fold.
and i agree that the ponytail can be a trademark of his.

Cajolocs
October 12th, 2009, 08:52 PM
The only prob I have with this pic is that I can't imagine Lloyd having that face. He looks TO old.
Maybe thats just me...

Oscar
October 12th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Hm, if the ponytail stays longer - Who knows, maybe it will stick and be a burned image in our minds? We look at the man in the poster and exclaim, "This GUY is LLOYD, no doubt about that."
Heh, I think that's plausible. We're all used to the shaved stick-head look.

The only prob I have with this pic is that I can't imagine Lloyd having that face. He looks TO old.
Maybe thats just me...
He'd be over 40, like Etrius.

Cajolocs
October 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Suggestion: You could try and do a very small voice animation with this non-stick Lloyd.
Like just a scene with his face and Lloyd's original voice saying something.

That, would be cool.

And, OMG! 40?!

...I'm not telling you!
October 12th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Oscar: I always just imagined him with short light brown hair

Saw the update.

Hm, for the text area why not put in his name and a quote. Just a suggestion.

The close-up view is good as it is. We can see more details on his face. Looking at it now, it's like some comic-book cover. =3

For the first version - Somehow, his body movement feels awkward... To me.

I might consider buying a poster, no guarantees...

Lloyd's never made any poster worthy quotes...unless of course the face of him when he turns mindwormed is in the background. Then there could be a quote :P

Oscar
October 12th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Suggestion: You could try and do a very small voice animation with this non-stick Lloyd.
Like just a scene with his face and Lloyd's original voice saying something.

That, would be cool.

And, OMG! 40?!
" I want your babies "

Also, yeah.

username
October 12th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Oscar: I always just imagined him with short light brown hair
me too!
ya know, that cliche men-hair i always see. i actually pictured him with brown hair with some gray hairs here and there.
*cough* sig quoted *cough*

Cajolocs
October 12th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I was thinking that he would be younguer because of the weapon. Being a sword master is very hard and it's needed a lot of vitality to be one. He must have one hell of a muscle showcase under that armour!

...I'm not telling you!
October 12th, 2009, 09:05 PM
He must have one hell of a muscle showcase under that armour!

His armour is under a centimetre thick.
:3

EB-G
October 12th, 2009, 09:06 PM
..For a 40-year-old guy, he sounds close to 28.

INTY: Yeah, I thought so too.

Aval
October 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Would tap.

Definatley.

Cajolocs
October 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
If it's THAT thin, it can't be an armour, because it protects nothing.

...I'm not telling you!
October 12th, 2009, 09:09 PM

...it was a joke.

EDIT: Just saw the pics in the second post. He moves like a swan...

username
October 12th, 2009, 09:13 PM
..For a 40-year-old guy, he sounds close to 28.

INTY: Yeah, I thought so too.
well....etrius sure doesnt sound 45 to my ears either.

Mattbot
October 12th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Oh my god OH MY GOD! Thats how Lloyd would actually look wow thats pretty damn cool Oscar :thumbsup: awesome armour. I would definitely purchase it in poster form.

jman1234
October 12th, 2009, 09:22 PM

maybe hes got pecs of steal?

Wadling
October 12th, 2009, 09:35 PM
40 Years old isn't that old... :S

Anyways, looks pretty badass, like a classic ninja. Also, for a quote how about "HolyshitisthatLloydfromCastle!?"

DataaX
October 12th, 2009, 10:14 PM
They eyes aren't the same, I want light brown!!!!!!!!!!! And yeah, its awesome.

40 Years old isn't that old... :S
"
Yeah, if you had plastic surgery C=

SooperNoobie
October 12th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I'd suggest a buzz cut for his hair or something. Plus the face looks a bit warped. That's the only things I can criticize. The rest of it is great; especially loving the lighting!

Mr.Evilmidget
October 12th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Awesome art, Oscar.

Oscar
October 12th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks again. It's pretty hard finding people within the animation(stick especially) community around 40 who are voice actors :P I guess that's why most characters sounds younger.

atreides
October 12th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Heh Lloyd looks like such a badass. :P

Lucky Joe
October 12th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Rockin' picture, Oscar. There is pretty much nothing I can find wrong on this picture; keep up the good work.

Xiox
October 13th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Those are amazing, I really like all the detail you put in :D

Rabbi106
October 13th, 2009, 01:28 AM
I call avatar!

[EDIT] Nevermind. My current sig is already pretty awesome.

Ack-Ack
October 13th, 2009, 01:46 AM
So. . .

You have already done The General, Etrius (maybe), Boomer, the Doc and now Lloyd as non-stick people. . .any ideas of doing Ray, Mullins or even just an average soldier so far? Cause damn, I bet your gonna do a GREAT job at making a real badass Mullins!

Calvey
October 13th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Thanks again. It's pretty hard finding people within the animation(stick especially) community around 40 who are voice actors :P I guess that's why most characters sounds younger.

Nah, look at Ryan Reynolds (32) and Ewan McGregor (38). They don't exactly sound like Ron Pearlman.

Rabbi106
October 13th, 2009, 03:31 AM
So. . .

You have already done The General, Etrius (maybe), Boomer, the Doc and now Lloyd as non-stick people. . .any ideas of doing Ray, Mullins or even just an average soldier so far? Cause damn, I bet your gonna do a GREAT job at making a real badass Mullins!

You're forgetting Beecher. Also, he could do a kick-ass Wise One drawing.

riku1gundam
October 13th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Thats awsome. except for the pony tail, kinda turned me off, lmao. Id suggest jsut a bit shorter with leaning more towards the grey side

But other than that thats exactly how i imagined Lloyd....and the eyes.

kronosdragon
October 13th, 2009, 04:44 AM
I have to agree, I really like the art, but that ponytail.....mmmmm.....It's still waaaaaaaaaay better than my art, or course, but I also imagined him to have lighter hair. Not necessarily brown, but maybe graying blonde or dark gray. Still, I give it a thumbs up! Great work Oscar! :thumbsup:

Ecfor
October 13th, 2009, 05:07 AM
That's awesome, I had no idea they were using that kind of armour. Etrius dosn't have any. btw I thought Lloyd was younger. :think:
feel free to come up with ideas of something you actually would want hanging on your wall, because I feel that would be incredibly cool.A huge poster containing ALL castle characters?

EDIT Oh and you still owe me a poster for that birthday competition :p

riku1gundam
October 13th, 2009, 07:27 AM
btw I thought Lloyd was younger.

Really? I thought he successfully pulled off the old look with the eyes. in the stick form i mean

Dilly89
October 13th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Errrr, no offence Oscar, but, as some advisable critisism, the pony tail kinda doesn't work.

He looks like a bit of a. . . well. . . as a friend of mine commented which I agreed with, he looks a bit of a girl, sorry :sad:. However on the other hand(:biggrin5:), it must've been some amazing handing hand work if you did that in a day, with (said poshly) such detail, love the armour and sword.

Well done.:thumbsup:

Bloody Shadow
October 13th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I like the picture! But his hair and face are a little, you know.....old. This is only my opinion Oscar. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!! =).keep it up. And I really like the detail you put!

riku1gundam
October 13th, 2009, 09:10 AM
its supposed to be old >_>

Bloody Shadow
October 13th, 2009, 10:08 AM
its supposed to be old >_>

its? xD.
the hair right?
but samuria hairs...you don't see anyone like that....I think

riku1gundam
October 13th, 2009, 10:16 AM
lol the Lloyd is an old character. same thing with everyone else lmao. Except boomer. he seems to be a little bit less mature than everyone else.

Muhendis100
October 13th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Nice!! Llyod My favorite Chracter Great

Bloody Shadow
October 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
lol the Lloyd is an old character. same thing with everyone else lmao. Except boomer. he seems to be a little bit less mature than everyone else.

maybe i tought he was on his 30s lol

Ecfor
October 13th, 2009, 02:02 PM
And what's wrong with the ponytail? I think it's epic. And so is the futuristic armour.

no one
October 13th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Agree with above, what's wrong with that? My cousin have one just like that and I don't hear anyone complaining.

riku1gundam
October 13th, 2009, 02:29 PM
i bet he doesnt also have a face that looks like its going on 45 does he?

no one
October 13th, 2009, 02:42 PM
No, but does it really matter?

GolyBlood
October 13th, 2009, 02:50 PM
That's not bad. That's not bad at all. It's great.

Thunder
October 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I think putting together the Castle Repercussions Soundtrack would get more downloads than the Lloyd poster.

However, I still like it. Good job.

M.R
October 13th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Great picture. But in my opinion, the metal armor is a little too much. I would expect him to wear a soldiers uniform.
Other than that and the ponytail, the picture is great! I just imaged him covered in blood in full body form XD

Trewoon
October 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
that is awesome!!! :D

Zola
October 13th, 2009, 05:10 PM
great picture............*silenced*

webemperor
October 13th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I think a mask will be good

Oscar
October 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
And what's wrong with the ponytail? I think it's epic. And so is the futuristic armour.
Thanks Horsie :biggrin5:

Scythe Cat
October 13th, 2009, 07:58 PM
That is so cool!
Not of what I expected to Lloyd look like,
but he's yours!

Great Job! :thumbsup:

Aval
October 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
When is the thing set, by the way?

Genesis
October 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM
wow it has been a while since i logged on but nice picture

Avinator5712
October 13th, 2009, 10:57 PM
i thought the picture of non stick Lloyd is awesome, although for some reason, i thought he was bald! did you go to art school or something?

Tac
October 14th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Wow, that looks intresting.

I never realized he had a unique hairstyle.

xXBrokenBladeXx
October 14th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Can you say: "to epic for words and should be hung up somewhere very fancy and expensive cause it is so damn awesome"? I know i can't D: But I would if I could!

theone!
October 14th, 2009, 05:38 AM
This is so epic! I can imagne him in all those scenes.

Cajolocs
October 14th, 2009, 06:59 AM
i thought the picture of non stick Lloyd is awesome, although for some reason, i thought he was bald! did you go to art school or something?

Oh, my god! *ignores noobish comment*

So are you really thinking of putting my idea to the test, Osc?

Bloody Shadow
October 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Lol I just started to stare at his face....He realy looks like Snake in metal gear solid xD. (Or Vamp of metal gear)

riku1gundam
October 14th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I know right? lmao i thought that as soon as i saw the armor

Bloody Shadow
October 14th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I know right? lmao i thought that as soon as i saw the armor

Maybe Oscar took the idea from him xD

Thunder
October 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM
did you go to art school or something?

Talent, my friend.

Maybe Oscar took the idea from him xD

Oh, Oscars always doing that. Slap me if the non-stick general isn't a direct steal from the Colonel.

Bloody Shadow
October 14th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Talent, my friend.

Oh, Oscars always doing that. Slap me if the non-stick general isn't a direct steal from the Colonel.

Lol didn't noticed that lol xD.

Yurlyn
October 15th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Oscar, the pictures look awesome!! The dude looks f-ing sweet but not as Lloyd. He looks too old to be him D: It could be the Wise One now I think of it typing this. That would be awesome!! Lloyd's voice sounds too young and I imagined him with short black hair. To me that is like the SR version of the Seat Leon (car) to the original. Nice car but not really a Seat Leon.

I've imagined Etrius with short spiky hair a bit like Joey (Friends), Beecher as a bold dude and quite limber, Boomer as a limber but buff dude of course with his current hairdo and Lloyd as described above. But like said, they are your creations so you have the final say.

Talent, my friend.
Like I have said a Gazillion times xD Well, at least the voices and the relation between him and Etrius.

ide
October 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Nice work.
I think the reason everyone expected Lloyd to look different is that in animation he doesn't have any visible facial hair(like Mullins does for example) or that pony tail. So people expect that his hair isn't long/different/abnormal(like Mullin's or Boomer's) enough to be worth of animating... or something like that.
Still it looks awesome! Keep it up!

Dragon
October 15th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I would like to buy this as a poster. Have you decided the price? If you have, please inform me. Im really looking forward to this!

Thunder
October 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM
relation between him and Etrius.

(*relationship)

*static*

Etrius: URAGH, I hate this sword!

General: Yo Setrus, wassup?

Etrius: Urgh, can I lose this sword?

General: Ok, but everyone loves it!

*later*

General: Yo Setrius, go sneak that shit!

Etrius: OKAI!

???: LOOK AT TINY LITTLE STICK, RUNNING AROUND LIKE BABY!

Etrius: WHAT THE FU-

http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/7/7d/Heavytaunt3.PNG

Polo
October 15th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I really like the pony tail, he makes sense as he'd be tying his hair back out of the way to see where to swing his sword. The armor is good too, though slightly metal gear-ish.

Also, the fact he is 40 makes him seem as if he has more experience with a sword. After all, most martial arts masters are over 40.

nrocha20
October 15th, 2009, 10:16 PM
*Looks at poster*
hmmmmmmm...
I'd do 'im

Bloody Shadow
October 16th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I really like the pony tail, he makes sense as he'd be tying his hair back out of the way to see where to swing his sword. The armor is good too, though slightly metal gear-ish.

Also, the fact he is 40 makes him seem as if he has more experience with a sword. After all, most martial arts masters are over 40.

Hmmmmm never tought of that lol good point.
I was just thinking of Lloyd and imagine, the scene where llyod pulled his sword at the general, That would be cool. Try to imagine it lol

JawFreak
October 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
nice job. im impressed. did u do this on a computer? wow

georgesson
October 16th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I think Lloyd is a more regular guy, not ninja lol. Thats Lloyd in my head. I dont mean its something wrong with this Lloyd, it looks awesome.

porky
October 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Not really what I thought Lloyd would look like, but still nice.

ide
October 18th, 2009, 11:04 AM

The fact that he is over 40 makes me think he shouldn't be so agile.:think:

kronosdragon
October 21st, 2009, 12:29 AM
oh boy, I've seen some pretty agile 40+ year olds...One of them being a volleyball coach in the high school. Man, I'm telling you, she was one fast 54 year old! Some of the better girls on my team weren't as fast as she was. -_- kinda sad when your team gets pwned by a 54 year old.

leapoffaith
October 21st, 2009, 12:45 AM
my god lloyd just got even sexier.

Jedi-L
October 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM
Hey im new here but ive been watchin DQ for a long time now so im here now :D

But i think you should do a group shot of Etrius,Beecher,Lloyd and Boomer that would be epic

you should also do Ray,Plisskin and Mullins maybe even a regular soldier

emperorbrandon
November 8th, 2009, 09:08 PM
i love it but id like the movie to stay stick

Ecfor
November 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM
But i think you should do a group shot of Etrius,Beecher,Lloyd and Boomer that would be epicYesh!

Now let's see... We got Etrius, Boomer, Lloyd, Beecher, The General, Mullins, Dr. Romanov, S.O.G's, Roberts, Plisskin, Jason, Random soldier, Random scientist, Random guard (the soldiers with red hats) Demon, Flying demon, Dragon, Invisible tentacles, Puppet master, Evils, Drooners, The evil with mohawk hair and Harald lol

I'd love to see that. EDIT Jason added.

...I'm not telling you!
November 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM
What about Jason D:?

ArtoriusVonKrieg
November 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Arrr... i think i see the thinking behind the hairstyle, a generally good picture all around. Although he looks older than you say he is meant to be.

Overlordnim
November 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Hey i know is late and all... but r you going to make more of the Castle Series? or was D2 the last one?...
Well i hope you work on it More i really injoy the Series. ^-^http://www.stickpage.com/img/series_headers/castle.jpg <3

...I'm not telling you!
November 20th, 2009, 07:50 PM
r you going to make more of the Castle Series? or was D2 the last one?

Yes, Oscar's already said in an old thread he wants to make (and possible end) the series with the installment of 'episode' 4.

riku1gundam
November 21st, 2009, 06:47 AM
The day when episode 4 comes out will be a bittersweet day

Lonesilverwolves
November 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM
beautiful artwork id buy it