PDA

View Full Version : DQ paused

Oscar
June 2nd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Hi guys,

You will notice that the forums are down. This is by me. Don't worry it's not permanent. I have zero energy at the moment to deal with some important decisions for the site. I'm taking a break from DQ and putting the site on hold for some time.

Thanks to all the members who have been around throughout the years. You make me all happy :-)

Take care
/Oscar Johansson

Shadowtime23
June 4th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I was going to ask this in the newest update on the frontpage but the thread is closed, so here I am.
Will Net become an admin again? Will he even be a DQ member again?

Victory
June 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
It's not decided whether or not he'll be an admin, but he's still around as a member. If you want more information, I recommend you pm Oscar or talk to him on MSN.

Shinoi
June 4th, 2011, 01:47 PM
But is DQ realy going downhill as so many members said? I'm relatively new here so i don't know how was it years back.

BanHammor
June 4th, 2011, 01:55 PM
If you want, you can look up the original Boredom Nexus and see the period of roughly 2008 June- 2009 Jan.

Victory
June 4th, 2011, 01:57 PM
DQ is fine. It's been through rougher patches than this before and it'll survive this. Don't worry.

Shinoi
June 4th, 2011, 02:06 PM
It doesn't look like it is going downhill to me, it still is better than Facebook and other forums. whole site has an elite feeling.

Avver
June 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM
What do you mean by elite feeling?

Shadowtime23
June 4th, 2011, 02:09 PM
It does, doesn't it ;)
Thanks Vic. And welcome back.

Shinoi
June 4th, 2011, 02:09 PM
you know it's not full of thirteen year old fanboys and such.

Avver
June 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I suppose so, but their are a number of members around that age group here. Anyways I agree, DQ is a great forum, I almost subconsciously check on it everytime I go on the computer.

Shinoi
June 4th, 2011, 02:14 PM
yes they might be but i haven't encountered a single one here. mostly, people here are mature and intelligent. and by the way i noticed site is getting new members every day, but around 100% of them just register and then fuck off.

Victory
June 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM
It's a scary place, I suppose... Nah, that's just how every forum works. People register, have a look around and then just forget about the forum, almost regardless of its contents. It's something you have to come to expect when running a forum like this, not everyone can be an active member.

Shadowtime23
June 4th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Yes, Shinoi_Ookami, that's the case most of the time. People who don't want to have semi-meaningful conversations are those that come and leave. Just check the calendar, it's full of people you probably haven't heard or seen. And you are a very nice member to have here. Your grammar nazism could do better but you're nice :thumbsup:

Tobu
June 4th, 2011, 02:40 PM
uh? His grammar is fine.

Anyways, it's good to see the site's back up and running, i feel like i've missed out on a lot...

...I'm not telling you!
June 4th, 2011, 02:46 PM
This week has felt unnervingly odd :/. I know it's typical but 'I'm hoping everything gets back to normal soon'.

Killervirus
June 4th, 2011, 03:03 PM
tsssk, just as I decided to check back on the forums.

Looks like I never should've left, everything's gone to shit without me <3

Avver
June 4th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Shinoi was have had some "interesting" members join once in a while. *coughVidocough*

Cajolocs
June 4th, 2011, 03:14 PM
With the Admins gone, who will rule?

Tobu
June 4th, 2011, 03:18 PM

The mods are still here, they've all been unbanned from what i've heard, just Net isn't an admin/mod anymore, he's not banned though, but i don't think he's in the mood to get back to us here on DQ for awhile :(

Victory
June 4th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Oscar and Rezuth are still left. Oscar isn't quite as absent as most people seem to think he is.

Shadowtime23
Holy crap it actually is Killervirus. Welcome back, gramps :P

And with the grammar I was referring to you two not using capital letters :D
Yeah, it's nothing. Move on.

BanHammor

I think that the Moderators can rule the site alone for months. Well, until something breaks in the datacenter.

Shinoi
June 4th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Thank you, Shadow. You're so nice.

Cajolocs
June 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I think that some mods should be promoted to a higher rank than mods, but lower than admins.

"Weird shit bro..." o.O

Tobu
June 4th, 2011, 03:32 PM
And with the grammar I was referring to you two not using capital letters :D
Yeah, it's nothing. Move on.

I use capital letters, just not when i'm supposed to write "I" like in "I am (or I'm) now writing this post" I don't know, I usually forget it.
It doesn't matter though, I used capital letters a lot more often once though.

And yeh, but why mention it in the first place then?
Besides that, we've had members with far worse grammar than any of us who are here now, sometimes it was impossible to just get any kind of idea of what the member was supposed to say...

Shadowtime23
June 4th, 2011, 03:49 PM
And yeh, but why mention it in the first place then?.

It just caught my eye :)
And I don't even try to teach those kinds of members you mentioned, for I know they won't get any better.

And I make a lot of mistakes myself and try to get better all the time, that's why I look out for mistakes. Anyway, let's not drag this out too much, I think we're getting off the topic.

And thanks Shinoi. :thumbsup:

(Damn, I've been using a lot of smileys lately xD)

Yurlyn
June 4th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, fix that. Because it's what they post in their signature that can get more of them over here. I'd also make sure that passwords need alpha-nummeric characters as well as capitals. On SE we are invaded but with the last option checked it got severly less. But then again, I'm manually screening new members >.>

Tobu
June 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
And I don't even try to teach those kinds of members you mentioned, for I know they won't get any better.
I remember some member got mad at me once, because I didn't understand what the hell he was trying to tell me.
I don't think anyone knew what he was trying to say.
So obviously, i responded with a "What the fuck are you trying to tell me!??"
Later on i recieved an infraction (or warning, can't remember)

Yeh, maybe we are getting a lil' off-topic, but then again, there isn't much relevant stuff to discuss in this particular thread anymore.

But then again, I'm manually screening new members >.>
Aw man.......

username
June 4th, 2011, 07:34 PM
yes they might be but i haven't encountered a single one here. mostly, people here are mature and intelligent. and by the way i noticed site is getting new members every day, but around 100% of them just register and then fuck off.

Ya know, I registered during one of DQ's "high times" so to speak, and I more or less "fucked off", not knowing or caring really what was going on or how a forum worked, but still visiting from time to time. Not really my best idea, sounds like a lot of the fun stuff happened in 2008/early 2009, but eh, whatever.
But then I decided to become active a little while later and here I am :)

This week has felt unnervingly odd :/. I know it's typical but 'I'm hoping everything gets back to normal soon'.

I kind of agree.

Sirrin Nacht
June 6th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Why is it that whenever I leave for a week or more, lots of stuff happens on the front page? Then again seeing as DQ was down for a while, perhaps it was just as well that I was absent.

Edit: Also, I heard that Victory and Varthonai were banned for a while. Why was that?

Shinoi
June 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Long story short: Net made art thread for himself and said he doesn't want any critics. Anyway Vic critisized and trolled him then Net banned him, after that Varth asked why was he banned and Net banned him too. Then war started, forums were down for a while and now Net is on a break.

Victory
June 6th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Some internal problems between Net and the mods - it's still being discussed and we'll let you all know what's going to happen once a decision has been made. It won't affect normal DQ Shenanigans so don't worry

Or more or less what Shinoi said - although not quite. There's more to it than that but like I said, more info will follow as soon as we've reached a decision.

Shinoi
June 6th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I don't know exatcly what happened but i tried my best from what i heard.

Sirrin Nacht
June 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
So that's what happened. I can't say I'm surprised. Looking back, Net's been having problems with several of the mods for quite a while now, and to be honest, I was kind of expecting something like this would happen.

leapoffaith
June 7th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Wow I missed a lot... But ah hell the DQ planet shall continue spinning.