PDA

View Full Version : Hotay Hotay

Calvey
July 26th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Right, after delaying this for a few weeks longer than I meant to and finally getting Oscar's boot up my ass it's high time a front page post was made. I'm happy to announce that after what is now approaching 6-7 months of infrequentness and disappearing on my part, I can say that provided things remain as stable as they are I should be able to make a full return to DQ as a mod and member in the very near future. For those of you who don't know me, or never noticed me leave, then this will be more or less a moot news post.

My absence can be attributed to a number of things. The most prominent is university. For those of you who didn't know I'm currently studying a BABCA (Bachelor of Arts, Commerce and Administration) in Commercial/International Business Law, Marketing and Media Studies and Analysis, which takes up an enormous amount of my time. I'm also working 30 hours a week in order to, you know, pay rent and eat food and all that shit. You can see how it all adds up. So while I'm still very busy, I should be around a bit more than I have been, and if I disappear from time to time, you know what's holding me up.

On another note, I've got some other voice roles coming out in the near future. I don't know how much I'm allowed to say about them except that they so far look really cool. I'll be sure to draw attention to them somehow when they are released. You can also expect some articles coming out from me, as well as the FAQ getting a complete overhaul, something which I've had on my to-do list for months now.

Other things of important notice:
1. Go see Inception.
2. If you haven't already, watch this and get excited; i6JTvzrpBy0
If you don't get excited, shut up. XD
3. I'm more or less considering Quarantine dead for the second time, so no more messages about that please. I'm surprised some of you are still keen on it continuing. Sometimes these things just fall apart.

Tawl

...I'm not telling you!
July 26th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Good to know you're back. I think Aval might cry with joy.
Oh, and yes Tawl I think we've all already had a few jizzes over that trailer.

Victory
July 27th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Good to see you Tawl.

I wish I was in your position. Having a job and studying is far more fun than spending all day at home playing guitar - which, believe it or not, gets old after a year - or going to endlessly repeating seminars on how to get a job, since I can't find one; which might be because half of Sweden is currently searching as well. If I had a job, at least I wouldn't have to beg for money every month at the social office. Oh well.

Mattbot
July 27th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Welcome back Tawl ^^

Rimmy
July 27th, 2010, 12:44 AM
welcome back to DQ

seconded

atreides
July 27th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Glad to see you're back here and doing well. :)

Jedi-L
July 27th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Glad to see you're back here and doing well. :)

I second this.

darkbeing
July 27th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Good to know you're back. I think Aval might cry with joy.

Seconded

Kreekakon
July 27th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Nice to see you back Tawl. I see you seem to have cured your Pirate Syndrome.

ArtoriusVonKrieg
July 27th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Welcome back Tawl... glad to see your doing fine.:)

Dash
July 27th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Tawl, no! Inception is like the SMT Nocturne game, this only plays in USA which is so 2008.

BTW ilu <3

Oscar
July 27th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Hi tawl!

Dilly89
July 27th, 2010, 12:49 PM
ok, 1) nice to have you back man 2) good luck with any other impending university whatnot 3) Cool, exciting trailer, nice genre. :D

Avver
July 27th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Good to have you back.

kingmiami
July 27th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I have no idea what Deus Ex is. But welcome back Tawl.

...I'm not telling you!
July 27th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I have no idea what Deus Ex is. But welcome back Tawl.

New game that's being made by Square Enix. Weird thing is it's the sequel to a game back from 2000, which I never heard of till' I jizzed at saw this trailer.
EDIT: Not square Enix. Apparently a company called Eidos Montreal.

Polo
July 27th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Savage.

jman1234
July 27th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Cool welcome back Tawl.

Tobu
July 28th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Is that?... No, it can't be!... Or... No it is him!... TAWL!
Welcome back man!

Deus EX: HR look awesome!

Maddermadcat
July 28th, 2010, 01:55 AM
New game that's being made by Square Enix. Weird thing is it's the sequel to a game back from 2000, which I never heard of till' I jizzed at saw this trailer.

Not Square Enix, Eidos Montreal.

Also, you shouldn't even be allowed to play games until you've played Deus Ex.

Bloody Shadow
July 28th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Ello Tawl...and yes your secret plan to make me excited worked....CURSE YOU TAWL!!!! CURSE YOU!!!

BanHammor
July 28th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Not Square Enix, Eidos Montreal.

Also, you shouldn't even be allowed to play games until you've played Deus Ex.
BUt I still managed to play Unreal on PC before DX came out...

ide
July 28th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Kinda late, but... Welcome back.

Maddermadcat
July 28th, 2010, 04:40 PM
savage.

UNATCO?

BUt I still managed to play Unreal on PC before DX came out...

Who gives a toddler Unreal?

Polo
July 28th, 2010, 07:48 PM
No, Savage.

nino
July 29th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Niiiiiiiiice thats a gane you want to have in your sci-fi collection :D

Kenneth
July 29th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Welcome back on board, Tawl! Hey... weren't you promoted to admin before?

I bet Deux Ex will have a Deus Ex Machina ending. xD

Shadowtime23
July 29th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Welcome back...

OMGWTFBBQ, dude! "get exited"?!? "GET EXITED"?!?!?!? I was jumpin around in my chair covering my 4-inch gaping hole between my top lip and my jaw... the simple word for this is: AWESOME. This was sex for my eyes, ears and brain. Thank you for bringing this into my life.
Also, good to hear you're educating. If I can put it like that.

nakina
July 30th, 2010, 01:48 AM
the new deus ex is gonna pwn and hopefully thi4f will too :D

riku1gundam
July 30th, 2010, 04:01 AM
I never got hooked onto the original Deus ex, but I probably need to go back to it. However, this trailer was jizztastic

Tobu
July 30th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Why do people pay so much attention to this game in this thread? No one really gave a fuck about it in the E3 thread.

freundfire
July 30th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Good question, I donīt really know, but this is something interesting taht should be investigated!

Dilly89
August 1st, 2010, 06:48 AM
Last night at precisly 9:10pm I went to see Inception, and guess what, BEST MOVIE AS OF YET, easily smashing Avatar, District 9 and 2012 in terms of, well everything. Brilliant movie featuring the mechanics of how reality can be manipulated through time, space and matter, paradox's, theoretical mathemetics, all the things a physics smarty like me loved.

Of course then there's the epic music too, by Hans Zimmer, incredible weirdness and lorudness to the tones. One things for sure go watch it, even now I'm still having to get my breath back from the amazing mechanics (Gee, I just can't stop saying that).

Huh, funny, each movie I mentioned above all suceed amazingly in each of it's own areas, District 9: Humanism, Sci-Fi (originality), Avatar: Political issues (Like relations to Australian Aboriginals), CG imagination, 2012: Realism (A quite possible reality worryingly), CG imagination and then there's Inception: Scientific fact, Realism (originality), and the What If Factor!

All epic movies but for me these are my ratings:

1. Inception
2. District 9
3. 2012
4. Avatar
5. Surrogates
6. The Day the Earth Stood Still
7. Paranormal Activity
8. Cloverfield
9. Terminator Salvation
10. Sunshine

Well, I wonder what's next???

PS: Muhaha, taking Inception music to listen all I like!

Shadowtime23
August 1st, 2010, 12:58 PM
Whoa, Dilly, you sound just like me...
The favorite movie list also looks very similar to mine.
But I haven't watched Sunshine yet. Should I?

Dilly89
August 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
In my opinion yes, it's a sci-fi based on the classic idea of the eventual collapse of our life giving sun, so, a team of astronauts is out to save it!

Very suspenseful, incredible camera illusionalistics (hmmm, illusionalistics?), and a very epic ending.

Ya, should watch it perhaps :D

Anyway, funny that I sound like you. . .you wouldn't happen to be a huge smarty in theoretical physics, science and general areas are you??? (lol :D :D)

Zenith
August 19th, 2010, 05:18 PM
How could anyone not be exited about that awesome looking game! :D

Kaza
August 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
"Deus Ex" is close to "Deus Ex Machina" which means like an unexpected power in a hopeless situation. Well, that makes sense.

Killervirus
August 27th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Last night at precisly 9:10pm I went to see Inception, and guess what, BEST MOVIE AS OF YET, easily smashing Avatar, District 9 and 2012 in terms of, well everything. Brilliant movie featuring the mechanics of how reality can be manipulated through time, space and matter, paradox's, theoretical mathemetics, all the things a physics smarty like me loved.

Of course then there's the epic music too, by Hans Zimmer, incredible weirdness and lorudness to the tones. One things for sure go watch it, even now I'm still having to get my breath back from the amazing mechanics (Gee, I just can't stop saying that).

Huh, funny, each movie I mentioned above all suceed amazingly in each of it's own areas, District 9: Humanism, Sci-Fi (originality), Avatar: Political issues (Like relations to Australian Aboriginals), CG imagination, 2012: Realism (A quite possible reality worryingly), CG imagination and then there's Inception: Scientific fact, Realism (originality), and the What If Factor!

All epic movies but for me these are my ratings:

1. Inception
2. District 9
3. 2012
4. Avatar
5. Surrogates
6. The Day the Earth Stood Still
7. Paranormal Activity
8. Cloverfield
9. Terminator Salvation
10. Sunshine

Well, I wonder what's next???

PS: Muhaha, taking Inception music to listen all I like!
And that has to do with what?